Page 4 of 4 First 1234

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, its an excellent book.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh80 View Post
    Have not done the Gotch card workout in a while and I only really do it to test/monitor endurance and conditioning or for something different.
    It has its merits.

Kettlebells are a good tool and I use them but they are over-rated. I find they are good for mobility and conditioning but there are better tools for pure strength development.
    I dunno. Maybe I'm just looking for too much "do everything" routines. <shrug>

Also sounds like you need to focus more on your diet.
    I got big into the diet too. I counted cals and monitored types of cals. Made sure I did high-protein, particularly after exercise. I eliminated simple-carbs, made sure to include nuts, berries, legumes, fresh greens, etc. I ate 6 small meals a day and made sure to give myself one high-cal "cheat" meal a week so that my body wouldn't start restricting itself. My conclusion is that most of the dietary hocus-pocus.

Pairing the Gotch Bible with Strongfort (and others), along with elliptical/treadmill & diet got me a lot more "fit" and I had "martial endurance" to spare but I never looked like Spiderman and I never felt "badass."

I dunno. Maybe I just needed a lot more "lift heavy stuff" than I was getting. <shrug>

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have probably seen this already, but it might give you some ideas beyond the KG bible

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    You have probably seen this already, but it might give you some ideas beyond the KG bible

Good stuff. I posted this elsewhere. Love me some Gotch

Page 4 of 4 First 1234