Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 5:24am

Style: American Kenpo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    U have a secret crush on the roleplaying soundtracks made by "Two Steps from Hell", actually, but I feel like such a dork when I listen to this... But, I dare you, say you don't feel like Ivanhoe listening to it! :D
    Epic ****, is epic. Reminds me of the soundtrack from the series Game of Thrones.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 5:49am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thread, Rafe...

I think there is too little classical music in our modern days anyway...

We trained for a long time in silence, lately we have some kind of rock-metal-hiphop selection playing, but I block it out after the first minutes of warmup and only hear it again when I get back from the showers...

At first music bothered me when rolling, now it's just there. I will try and smuggle a Beethowen in, see if it catches on. :-D

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 5:58am

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for classical, something big like Mozart's Requem would be great for working out, as long as it's loud enough.

Jazz music might be good for me for sparring though, as it drives me to fury.

I often find myself getting agitated and unaccountable punchy in a restaurant, only to realise there's been jazz music playing quietly in the background.

I reckon if we put on some full on scat-jazz, I'd be a fucking sparring destroyer instead of the pansy I normally am. No session this week, but I might try it and report next time.

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there's jazz:

Jazz:

uhm, jazz:

and more jazz:

Bit of a blanket term for very different things. I couldn't listen to modern free jazz when working out, although... Well maybe when sparring, when trying to combo in unusual patterns.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyCorpus View Post
    Well, there's jazz:

Jazz:

uhm, jazz:

and more jazz:

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyCorpus View Post
    Bit of a blanket term for very different things. I couldn't listen to modern free jazz when working out, although... Well maybe when sparring, when trying to combo in unusual patterns.
    There is a fine fine line somewhere where Jazz meets Blues, and another where Jazz meets Swing, and just the other side of that line, no symptoms. I haven't been able to get close enough to pin-point it exactly, without waking up covered in other people's blood and copious amounts of my own ****.

"To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    There is a fine fine line somewhere where Jazz meets Blues, and another where Jazz meets Swing, and just the other side of that line, no symptoms. I haven't been able to get close enough to pin-point it exactly, without waking up covered in other people's blood and copious amounts of my own ****.
    No worries, I have the exact same reaction when anybody plays hardcore gabber in my direct environment.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 8:00pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was training Judo I would be the first in the hall, because I lived across the road and liked to get in a bit of bagwork before hand, you know, always ensure the paws can still swing and swipe. So I would rock up with metal/ metalcore playing, warm up slightly and work on the bag. Then, with about 15 minutes until class I would put on classical, something epic, with a build up and climax to hit about 5-8 minutes before class. This had the effect of calming my mind for class, because if I went in with the chaos of metal/ metalcore in the brain, I might not retain the knowledge imparted. By the time the climax had hit, I was calm, relaxed and loose from the bag work, but not cooled down completely so warm up was easy.

During training I think the classical would work in the learning stage, but then put on some metal/ metalcore for free rolling. Hip hop would have to be fucking aggressive, not some nancy punce ****, it would have to be straight from the streets and don't give me that "white kids trying to be ghetto" ****. Whut? Because of the colour of my skin I'm not allowed to enjoy a particular type of music, especially music that is filled with such passion? **** you, dude, you don't know me, you don't know who I am and what I've done. In saying that, when I see posers, yeah, it pisses me off, white or black. Example, I did a show when I was 19 with my crew SainAZilum, there was another crew called J-Black or some goddamn awful generic title. They looked the part, there was 6 or 7 black individuals with baggy clothes and talked gangsta. They won the competition and me and two of my boys rolled them for their prizes because they weren't gangsta.

In saying that, metalcore/ hardcore is how I lift the bigger weights.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 4:45am

Style: Aikido, Kajukembo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I listen to music while working out, it is only while doing calisthenics, stretching, lifting, or cardio; and I listen to Pandora either Hans Zimmer, or Dubstep. Not because they are any better than other types, but they are what I like to listen to the most overall.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 4:49am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, Ignorami :-) :

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    Hey, Ignorami :-) :
    May your earholes turn into arseholes, and **** on your shoulders!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast