Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I love Elevator music. I tend to block out any music when training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish either of my gyms would play classical while training. However, I think I would want to lean more towards the epic for that purpose (think Atterberg No 3 or Shostakovich No 10)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could actually listen to (so-called) classical music while working out at home. However, due to having to analyze a lot of that stuff I can't really hear it anymore without analyzing it.

Sounds stupid, I know.

EDIT: I really like when someone plays German hip hop during thaiboxing training. It's great to make fun of, so I'm not as obstinate.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's my choice I don't put on any music, but in places I've trained / train it there's been a variety:
    one Eminem album on repeat ( which made me develop a kind of Pavlovian response to Stan);
    silence in a few places;
    classical music station on the radio;
    i-pod mix on shuffle including 80's rock and cheese as well as the infamous Bodies.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I wish I could actually listen to (so-called) classical music while working out at home. However, due to having to analyze a lot of that stuff I can't really hear it anymore without analyzing it.

Sounds stupid, I know.

EDIT: I really like when someone plays German hip hop during thaiboxing training. It's great to make fun of, so I'm not as obstinate.
    Ah, yeah I feel you there. Some kid gangsta wanna-be crap in German (Bushido, Farid Bang etc.) and I feel like laughing. Dunno if that would be good for training though ;)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    Ah, yeah I feel you there. Some kid gangsta wanna-be crap in German (Bushido, Farid Bang etc.) and I feel like laughing. Dunno if that would be good for training though ;)
    Well, what can I say. I'm at my best when I can make fun of things.

Related to this thread, I was just thinking that I'd love to beat someone up to the Moonlight Sonata.

Where tornadoes come sweeping down the lane.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Danzig and Queens of the Stone Age seem to flow into my weight lifting, although I left shuffle on one day and wound up with Mozart's Requiem Mass.. It was surprising how well it worked for it. Running I still wind up calling cadence in my head or out loud.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our gym seems to play mostly hip-hop, punk, and 3rd wave ska. I've come to quite enjoy it.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I played in a metal band for 5 years, church band for 2, and jazz for 3. And I'm now learning to mix and dj. I play dub step in my gym because one time I played notorious biggie and everyone was more laughing at the lyrics than working out. I play dub step, I get motivated and girls like it too hell everyone does. Btw metal core is dying (pig squealing since 2003)(studying music theory since 2004).

In the blackest moment of a dying world, what have you become? supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like to exercise in silence but when I shadowbox it has to be angry metal or anyone from the Wu Tang Clan.

Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last