224528 Bullies, 3524 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Where tornadoes come sweeping down the lane.

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 1:21am

Style: Bas Rutten's MMA workout.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lovato BJJ OKC

Since I'm asking not reviewing figured I'd post here. Anyone know how it is there as I have finally kicked the burning kind of tobacco it's time to train again. Figured I'd ask here as I'm not from this area (Oklahoma) and I don't know anyone who has trained there. Thanks in advance for any info.

game dog

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't trained there... however, my instructor is a friend of Lovato's. He has spent several weeks training at Lovato's school (yes, he flew specifically there from Germany) and was highly enthusiastic about it. Lovato's seminar was also really good. So (considering there probably aren't many other world-class BJJ practitioners in Oklahoma) I'd say, go for it.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 6:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks was really planning on it just wanted to get some first hand knowledge. I've emailed with someone there already but I don't like that they won't advertise or discuss prices.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 7:04pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of our judo people cross train there and vice versa.

Good place, albeit expensive, but then I'm used to judo pricing (-: Probably the premier bjj school in OK.

http://okbjj.com/

Tzadqiel, consider stopping by OKCDT if you're in the area.

While we no longer have bjj only classes, we are a judo dojo that places equal emphasis on newaza.

http://okcjudo.com/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 7:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Hungryjoe, thanks for the link. Yeah money is an issue at this point. Oddly enough I looked for Judo when I first moved down here last year and your place never came up. Just this windsong dojo or something like that (they focus on the spiritual not the physical aspects of judo**puke**) and alot of dead and broken links. I'll probably stop down there in the next 2 weeks or so.

Posted On:
    2/04/2012 9:11am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OKCDT seems to be as solid as they come. All of the interviews I have read with him or the podcast he and Gene Shin used to do have been great. If you watch his videos they are clear and bring out some pretty neat applications. Next time I am in OKC I will definitely be going.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/04/2012 10:31am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained at OKCDT. I found the instruction extremely helpful and everyone there was very friendly to me. I would recommend it to anyone interested in throwing and grappling.

I was going to train at LovatoBJJ while I was in Oklahoma City, but their drop in fee was so high I decided against it. Before you ask, I can't remember the precise amount, but it was the highest I've ever encountered.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/04/2012 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I have trained at OKCDT. I found the instruction extremely helpful and everyone there was very friendly to me. I would recommend it to anyone interested in throwing and grappling.

I was going to train at LovatoBJJ while I was in Oklahoma City, but their drop in fee was so high I decided against it. Before you ask, I can't remember the precise amount, but it was the highest I've ever encountered.
    Thanks for the kind words jnp. I was pretty beat up when you visited. Next time here you can trash me at will (-:

Lovato's mat fee-

I paid $50 for BS member tenebrous and myself when he visited last year ($25 apiece). Later found out when talking to Mike Darter at OKCDT that it is $10 for our members.

OKCDT mat fees for visiting BS members are on me if you'll give notice you're gonna be in the neighborhood.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 2/04/2012 10:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2012 7:07pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lovato's is nothing but respected. Comperable in price to most BJJ places. The guys I've trained with are fluid and quick on top of strong. I've also have heard and seen good things from OKCDT. They performed well today too. I also enjoy their Sensei, that dude is hilarious. (Although I have to be partial.......) If I couldn't train where I do, I would definately be at OKCDT or Lovato's.
    Last edited by Sorekara; 2/04/2012 7:08pm at . Reason: I didn't add, "in price" as intended.