Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    And, in all seriousness, everyone should read this article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...article_period

It really is the best pushup article I've ever read.
    Cheers for that I think its just solved why Hindu push ups (didn't know they were called that) always kill my shoulder, because I'm doing them wrong.

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 12:39pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did 120 this morning (60, 30, 20, 10). I usually do max effort p/u and s/u on Mondays.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm cheating. Assuming 16 waking hours a day, I totaled up what's needed for the month and then divided that up by 29 days. I'm going to shoot for 240/day but as long as I get ~7000 in the next 30 days I'll count it as a win.

Phrost, by the end of the month I will probably be cursing your name on a daily basis.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 1:25pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My chest hurts...my arms are dead...yes I am a muffin!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 3:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soon my rotator cuff will be rehabbed, and I will make the entire push-up family beg for mercy on a regular basis once again.
    Shut the hell up and train.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 10:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This just in......My 9 year old son is more badass than most of you lazy fucks.

On Wednesdays my wife takes my daughter to gymnastics and I hang out with my son. Last night he wanted some ice cream and I told him he could have some if he did some pushups first. He was all for it. I was surprised at how good his pushup form was. The last time we did pushups together it was pretty crappy. But apparently they've been doing pushups in gym class every week and he's gotten his form down.

So he did four sets of pushups with a couple sets to failure. I was satisfied but he wanted to do situps too so I held his feet while he did three sets. This is where he impressed me. On the last set he did 25 or 30 and I thought he was just about done. Then he just started banging them out. He must have done 50 more situps. I had no idea he could crank out that many. I was proud and he got his chocolate ice cream.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 10:50am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    This just in......My 9 year old son is more badass than most of you lazy fucks.

On Wednesdays my wife takes my daughter to gymnastics and I hang out with my son. Last night he wanted some ice cream and I told him he could have some if he did some pushups first. He was all for it. I was surprised at how good his pushup form was. The last time we did pushups together it was pretty crappy. But apparently they've been doing pushups in gym class every week and he's gotten his form down.

So he did four sets of pushups with a couple sets to failure. I was satisfied but he wanted to do situps too so I held his feet while he did three sets. This is where he impressed me. On the last set he did 25 or 30 and I thought he was just about done. Then he just started banging them out. He must have done 50 more situps. I had no idea he could crank out that many. I was proud and he got his chocolate ice cream.
    Not much better than knowing your boy is all about it! M boys (8 and 5) do pushups with me and also pullups! Even my 5 year old can crank out about 4 pullups! I'm stoked about it!

Especially when we go visit my brother! His boy is 10 and looks like a whale humping a pillow when he tries to do pushups! I get to smile at my brother while he shakes his head. Good stuff!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/16/2012 10:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Not much better than knowing your boy is all about it! M boys (8 and 5) do pushups with me and also pullups! Even my 5 year old can crank out about 4 pullups! I'm stoked about it!

Especially when we go visit my brother! His boy is 10 and looks like a whale humping a pillow when he tries to do pushups! I get to smile at my brother while he shakes his head. Good stuff!
    We'll have to try the pullups next and see what he can do.

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 10:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Do you mean 1 pushup feb 1st up to 29 pushups feb 29?

My belly always touches down first beating my chest by a mile, but I'm not that fat. What am I doing wrong?
    Sounds to me as if your hips might be sagging a bit. Although I've come across varying technique, I always attempt to a straight line from my shoulders down through my back to my legs throughout the actitvity. In this manner, while looking forward during a pushup, my chin will touch the floor a split moment before my chest does.

That being said, your stomach may just be below your chest in that position. Try tightening your core/pillar throughout the set, being careful not to tense your shoulder or leg muscles in the process...

Posted On:
    3/07/2012 10:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    You're probably not keeping your spine neutral so your hips are sagging.. You also may be letting your shoulders roll around behind your back. It's hard to say exactly without seeing you do it. Look at the article I posted. And, if I recall correctly, you're female. There are some biomechanical reasons why pushups are more difficult for women to do correctly.
    I'm not too sure that it's a biomechanical defeciency. My daughter does strict pushups properly, each rep, even while fatiguing. She's nine, not particularly muscular, and doesn't often do them. It took all of 10 to 20 mintues for her to get the form down the first time I instructed her. The vast majority of boys her age have very sloppy form.

Bearing in mind she rarely does them, she took 'most pushups' in her grade during a recent physical challenge, and that's not gender-specific.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast