Page 2 of 2 First 12
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I do a lot of similar type of workouts. Pushups, pullups, dips, and squats are the core exercises. Then I throw in some other stuff just to spice it up.

I'm wanting to get to the point where I can do musle-ups in my workouts!! And like you, I'm wanting to add rings to it!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I got poorcollegekiditus, so instead of signing up for a gym, I do body weight and dumb bell exercises and actual road work.

It's more entertaining than going to the gym, anyway.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Well I got poorcollegekiditus, so instead of signing up for a gym, I do body weight and dumb bell exercises and actual road work.
    The same :D however.. I have been so lucky to find a training facility that costs 1/6 of the price for students. I stumbled upon it yesterday. It is on campus so I can just swoop by after classes.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    The same :D however.. I have been so lucky to find a training facility that costs 1/6 of the price for students. I stumbled upon it yesterday. It is on campus so I can just swoop by after classes.
    Sweet. Once I get my tax return I'll sign up. I really love the body weight stuff though.

What I will do is a 5-3-1 strength training regimen twice a week.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said I would come back and update after doing the workout for a few days so here it is. I was lazy and waiting until Monday to start so I've actually only done the workout yesterday and today. To be clear I am doing the "beginner" workout that Bruiser posted. Seemed easy enough as I read through it. I don't have a kettle bell so I modified it to use a dumb bell. The first round was fairly easy (easy in that I was still able to breath). The second round was a bit more difficult and I could feel my muscles beginning to strain. By the time I started the third round I was definitely feeling the burn. It seemed like the right amount without killing myself.

It's amazing how much you lose when you don't workout regularly....

Thanks Bruiser, in a couple of weeks I should be able to try the other one..

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear. You should really pick up a kettle bell, because the intensity is lost if you use a dumb bell.

Page 2 of 2 First 12