Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 12:11pm

Style: karate, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    My worry from all of this is that your wife probably honks at people when you're not in the car too.

Either she needs to learn to "kick fat cunts in the head", or she needs to learn not to antagonise arseholes.
    yep, good observation. if you can not kill the cunts then don't be a **** and make things worse. forgive those who tresspasses or put them down on the concrete so they can no longer hurt innocents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 12:19pm

Style: karate, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    To me it's the same as abusive language but louder, which no self respecting man is going to take laying down.
    I call bullshit on that...don't mistake restraint and respect for life for cowardice. don't engage in fights, but be willing and equipped, with training and tools, to make felons in action bleeds or break their bones, cease their will to harm.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 12:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good, now use your original account and quit going through the thread responding to old posts.

Sorry:

Charlie Echo
    Sloppy Joe
    PinkMist
    Smoke2020
    curious35
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/13/2012 12:28pm at .

Flyweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creativo View Post
    My objection was to the well-sounding and totally idiotic aphorism that an armed society is a polite society;
    I was pointing out that the old adage could mean something different than some people think. IE, people being polite because they don't want to shoot someone, not because they don't want to get shot. If you want to start a thread to explore the issue further, go for it.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 7:22pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the guy who got banned:
    Yes, full blow from my rear leg to his head. It wasn't 100% winded up crocop KO kick, but more damaging than your average hook. It was wide open and I couldn't help but take the shot. You really don't have to be telling me to train full contact. I have trained 'full contact' more than your average bullshidoer.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 3:16am

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    For the guy who got banned:
    Yes, full blow from my rear leg to his head. It wasn't 100% winded up crocop KO kick, but more damaging than your average hook. It was wide open and I couldn't help but take the shot. You really don't have to be telling me to train full contact. I have trained 'full contact' more than your average bullshidoer.
    Why did you try to duck under his jab instead of slipping, catching or parrying it.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno. Just happened. It wasn't quite a duck, but more like lean head forward, glance punch off, and close the gap type of move.

I not so good with parry from a cold start. I gotta learn opponents rythm and range before those things start coming out reliably.

lol, this coming from a guy whose opening move was a head kick. lol
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 5:31pm

Style: BJJ, Libre, Street Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I dunno. Just happened. It wasn't quite a duck, but more like lean head forward, glance punch off, and close the gap type of move.

I not so good with parry from a cold start. I gotta learn opponents rythm and range before those things start coming out reliably.

lol, this coming from a guy whose opening move was a head kick. lol

That’s the one thing about sparring with boxing gloves and head gear it throws the realism out the window. Since kickboxing is a sport you do get in that mindset and kind of throws you off when used in a real life situation.

I myself mix it up for my guys, some nights we will strike with empty hands but with open palms for the face and closed fists to the body or use the MMA gloves. I don’t like using head gear and neither do my students.

However since we are a BJJ academy our main objective is not to stand up the whole time but to take our opponents to the ground so we train differently. Even though boxing and Muay Thai is part of our training our sparring sessions are different than a kickboxing school because are strategy is different. We use our stand up skills to set up the clinches or take downs because our objective is to close the distance, clinch and take down and then finish with a submission.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 1:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a good point, but I'm under the impression that you're much better off glancing a bare knuckle punch to a very hard part of your head instead of a padded gloved hand. I've been hit very hard with gloves on the same part of the head and it almost put me down. I've never been hit anywhere above my eyes bare knuckles, though there are probably guys out there with very hardened fists that will hurt a LOT

Either way, it used to be a bad habit of mine where I'd do anything to close the gap, and eat some to hit back. I don't do that as much anymore but I think with the adrenalin and surprise (as opposed to knowing and oging in to spar) the habit came back.

Before I left my previous club we were gonna put on MMA gloves and spar lightly, never got around to it. I can definitely see the benefit that I am clearly lacking in.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    3/05/2012 10:20am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ wins again! Knee on belly > any striking you could do. Takes the fight out of people and leaves no marks. You can also maintain situational awareness and say stuff like "Lets stop this now." Witnesses love that ****.

FWIW When I don't want to fight I ask lots of questions. The part of the brain that processes inquiries is sort of separate from the fight or flight lizard brain. It often pulls people right out of the fighting mindset to have to think about an answer.

I use a calm voice and say stuff like: "What are we fighting about again?" "Do you want to fight here?" "Should we take our shirts off?" "Wait, are you serious?"

Goofy stuff to make them pause for a second. I've been amazed at how many times it defuses situations.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast