Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2012 3:40am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's always hard to play the game of "what could've been?". In this case it was the best way possible. Plus the OP found very early on that his opponent was not really a real threat.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    2/01/2012 3:42am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I'm a bit conflicted about the whole thing. Take chances in court or take chances in real life. If its a dice throw, I would beat most guys walking around out there. And in a stupid fight like this, if I get KO'd, guy walks away and I look really stupid. And I would have a lot of legal remedies. If I KO'd him, I probably won't get any remedies but I'd have to do a lot of explaining. Probably the best I didn't go hard on him. I think I'll just have to rely on my instincts. If a situation arises where I should go all-out, I hope thats a decision I don't even have to consciously make.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2012 3:46am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But you went easy because of your instincts - at least to a certain degree. This shows you that - should the most serious situation arise - you will be prepared to go all out then.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2012 6:30am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I agree. Also (and I am aware of the irony of me writing this despite basically doing the opposite with this point) I think it's nothing to keep dwelling on for too long. It turned out good, you were able to handle yourself without having to fear legal incriminations, all's well.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like everything worked out well for the most part. I can't see her honking as doing anything out of bounds, just be glad its not a recurring theme. I can relate a bit as I have a spitfire of a girlfriend with worse road rage than me. In 2010 alone she jumped out of the car on 3 separate occasions leaving me to scramble to get out and defend her cuz some tool's douchy driving. Happened the same way everytime. Some dude would cut us off; she would tailgate with honking horn and middlefingers flying back and forth; douche would start tapping the brakes hard; Ol girl would flip out and cut him off and hop out when he tried to enter a turning lane. Luckily all three times it was a dude who when he saw me, didn't want none. First couple times were even kinda fun and definitely therapeutic, but I ended up having a serious sit down with her about that ****. I know that one of these days our luck might run out and find somebody ready and willing to use a weapon. I haven't had any problems since though (knocks on wood).

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 3:44pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember years ago a guy confronted my dad after he'd parked because of something that happened on the road. The guy said he was gonna kick my dad's ass. My dad yells back "you'd better pack a lunch!", and hilariously enough, this isn't the only instance where he's used that comeback. I liked it so much, its now what I say when someone tells me they're gonna beat me up.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    We drive by a scene of some accident with cops everywhere. Driving slow past some police cars. A guy cuts us off while we're in the right hand turn lane. He tuns into the parking lot we were going to turn on. Wife honks the horn, out comes the middle finger [EDIT for clarification: HE was flipping us off]. I look at him and he comes out of the car. I draw down on him and he realizes the error of his ways, gets back in the car and leaves.
    I'm assuming he had you blocked in so that you couldn't back out with the car, but this could have been a much shorter incident if you hadn't moved to Cali. (ftfy)

:problem:
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 4:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, MT, KM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I remember years ago a guy confronted my dad after he'd parked because of something that happened on the road. The guy said he was gonna kick my dad's ass. My dad yells back "you'd better pack a lunch!", and hilariously enough, this isn't the only instance where he's used that comeback. I liked it so much, its now what I say when someone tells me they're gonna beat me up.
    reading that **** almost made me snot on myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 5:48pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    Honking your horn isn't any more out of line than wearing a mini skirt, or walking down an alley. You have every right to do both.

Unfortunately, the world is full of shits, and any of the above increase your risk of interacting with them.
    I often seem to get into trouble for honking my horn whilst wearing a mini-skirt down an alley.

What is it with people these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    "you'd better pack a lunch!"
    I've heard that over here, also from a gentleman of a certain vintage: "yeah? bring your mates, and you'd better bring your dinner too!" It was a beautiful moment.

It wasn't directed at me btw. Just as well - there's no real comeback is there? What can you say - "Right then - I bloody will!"

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 7:07pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try to steer away from head kicks just because courts. (Here anyway) hate that ****. Otherwise. What you didn't notice was old mate shitting himself and looking for a way to exit the fight without getting hurt. Hence the non committed punching.

Unless you demolish the guy you will allways take that emotional hit. Same as if you de escalate a situation. (Primal I guess) realise it is normal just like being tired or or angry or any other feelings you get though the day.

Not getting hurt and not hurting him is the best outcome if you want to spend your time out of court. (Which sucks even if you are the innocent victim)

Otherwise I find some sugar helps afterwards. Go buy yourself a coke or something.

Edit.
    I do tend to give the guy a little slap from my hands down first as they come into range and then put my hands up. Usually gives me a free shot.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 2/07/2012 7:11pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast