Got in a fight defending my wife today.
We drive by a scene of some accident with cops everywhere. Driving slow past some police cars. A guy cuts us off while we're in the right hand turn lane. He tuns into the parking lot we were going to turn on. Wife honks the horn, out comes the middle finger [EDIT for clarification: HE was flipping us off]. I look at him and he comes out of the car. I scrambled out of the car and get in between my wife's car and him.
Must have been some sort of low level boxer. He comes at me saying "come on! take a shot." I throw up my guard and he goes into this shoulder roll guard. He is a small bit bigger than me and fatter, and lankier.
I've already turned my fight switch on and I nudge into my range. He reckons me to hit him again and then throws a jab. I duck, jab glances off my forehead (that must have hurt his fist). I can't remember if he followed up with a second jab. He steps back and goes up on a curb, thenI threw a left head kick which landed square. He looked surprised as **** and a bit dazed, and I went in and landed two body blows. I got put in a headlock, which I got out of very easily. At this point I get the feeling that we're just sparring and getting a feel for each other. Either that, or his punches are weak as hell. I sure wasn't going 100% yet. Both flip flops are still on my feet so I start kicking them off.
Anyways, at that point a witness tells us he is going to call the cops and that we should stop. I think for a moment (I 100% believe I was in the right here) and think about for a second (he has backed off about 2-3 feet) and turn away, saying something stupid like "the next time I see you.."
There was no visible damage done to either of us, except my right edge of the lip was slightly cut (I barely feel it).
1. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING GIVING OPPONENT QUARTER IN A STREET FIGHT! I should not risk anything and attack 100% at any chance given, which there were a lot. I was also not going 100%.
2. I fought like I was sparring. I needed to fight like real life. There were no effective self-defense techniques used. Nut kicks, more jabs to the face, takedowns (the headlock was really crappy, I could have very easily grappled with him into knees or a takedown), etc.
3. Leg kicks and body kicks would have quickly diminished his desire to continue fighting. No padding on shins hurt. (HK was landed with the foot)
4. I should not have threatened him with a "next time I see you."
5. He didn't look like the type to be armed, but he could have and the situation could have escalated. Not honking was probably the best course of action.
1. I remained very calm throughout the whole thing. It was really just like sparring. If only I can maintain this composure in a ringfight.
2. No one got hurt over stupid road rage. Cops were not called (wife was about to call them though), nothing happened.
3. My instinctive assessment that my blade (CA legal emerson knife) did not need to come out was correct.
Head kicks can work if you know when to throw them. Though a punch, nut kick, everything else would have worked. Train full contact.
Last edited by dwkfym; 1/30/2012 8:02pm at .
Why did your wife flip off some random twat? Or was it him flipping her off? And why did you get out of the car to fight said twat over nothing whatsoever? Was driving off impossible?
Nobody comes out of that story looking good, regardless of how many beautiful head kicks you landed on a fat ****.
Driving off was impossible; boxed in front and back with high curb to the left.
The **** (who had cut us off, then turned into our lane which turned into a parking lot) was flipping us off, then got out of the car. All my wife did was honk. It all happened in the entryway to the parking lot.
In all seriousness, I learned a few valuable lessons today.
1. techniques you haven't used in a while will not come out.
(For me this was the teep. I haven't sparred in months and I'm out of shape)
2. MMA training is very important for self defense. I haven't done any sort of grappling in a long time and my weapons were basically limited to punches and kicks.
3. Groin kicks
4. Always good to train with agression. The last 10 times sparring (except for one time) I've gone easy on my opponents and its exactly how it came out in a not so friendly sparring situation.
I hate when situations like this arise and I completely understand why your wife honked. He was being an idiot and had it coming. I know that people will usually say: It's not worth it but sometimes it is not possible to solve the problem by talking. Generally saying: You WERE in the right and I'm glad you are okay.
From how I read it from your report there was really nothing you could've done to prevent it from happening.
On the other hand it's good that you didn't go 100% when you felt he was weak because in the end it could've been witnesses who would've said you were overly aggressive and that would've sucked when charged...
Yep, from my perspective you were definitely in the right. Cuntface will hopefully think twice next time.
My worry from all of this is that your wife probably honks at people when you're not in the car too.
Either she needs to learn to "kick fat cunts in the head", or she needs to learn not to antagonise arseholes.
When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
"To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti
Mainly, I'm impressed you landed a head kick and never took off your flip flops. Get some real shoes homie.
Probably should tell your wife to chill a bit too.
The witnesses will also see that the guy cut'em off with his car forcing his hand. It doesn't matter how aggresively he defended himself. Both of'em used fists. He defended himself with equal force(fists) except he applied said force better.
Originally Posted by Prone
How did you feel afterwards? Any symptoms of an adrenaline dump?
It could be possible his adrenaline dumped so his punches were weak. RBSD forever.
Glad you're okay.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO