2/13/2012 3:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here's a really interesting match up.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Dustin-Poiri...C-news-a128996

Dustin Poirier vs. Chang Sung Jung

A battle between two guys with hard names to spell. Like I said before, KZ is going to be a champion some day and he's going to stomp all over Poirier.

Thoughts? We have one guy who comes out of the dutch kickboxing + wrestling camp and some guy who apparently doesn't know how to die. I like the idea of the standard MMA fighter fighting someone who fights in an interesting manner. This **** is getting really boring.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Diamond is not an easy fight for anyone, but the Korean Zombie is a bigger name than anyone he's gone up against barring Josh Grispi.

Zombie has KO power, but don't forget Roop put him down hard...I think this is gonna come down to who has the better ground game. Zombie has that twister win, but Dustin is no slouch either (Darce and mounted triangle) plus from what I've seen the Cajun has better offensive wrestling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2012 9:32pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    poirier's stand up didn't impress me too much against that noob

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/17/2012 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The noob had good standup but was dismantled with ease after [the initial feel out]. Do not forget the Crispi demolition. Josh was on the fast track to title contention. Oops. Someone forgot to tell Dustin.

The Zombie is good. But not good enough. Hominick screwed up badly, not taking away that impeccable counter, but it wasnt a true showing of that next level. This will be!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 2:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, think about it. How much can a fighter suck if they don't blow through someone with four fights or less?I bet a truly great fighter like Hall of Famer Randy Couture or two time heavyweight champion Frank Mir would never even break a sweat against some amateur with four fights or less.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/18/2012 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    The noob had good standup but was dismantled with ease after [the initial feel out]. Do not forget the Crispi demolition. Josh was on the fast track to title contention. Oops. Someone forgot to tell Dustin.

The Zombie is good. But not good enough. Hominick screwed up badly, not taking away that impeccable counter, but it wasnt a true showing of that next level. This will be!
    OK So I know that Texas is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to public education and all that, but you do know that KZ has fought OUTSIDE of the UFC before right? Like there are other MMA organizations outside of the USA. I mean, I know you guys down there in that shithole state think that America is an Island planet where we **** rainbows and piss jelly beans and the rest of the world is some kind of 3rd tier of Yggsdrasil. But dude, have you seen how fucking DOMINANT he is in everything else? How he is IMPOSSIBLE to knock out and how ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING his grappling is?

Porierierierieierrrrirer or however the **** you spell his name, is a run of the mill dutch kickboxing american wrestling BJJ guy, it's not like he's got some kind of unique puzzle to solve.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 12:00pm

Style: MARS, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    OK So I know that Texas is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to public education and all that, but you do know that KZ has fought OUTSIDE of the UFC before right? Like there are other MMA organizations outside of the USA. I mean, I know you guys down there in that shithole state think that America is an Island planet where we **** rainbows and piss jelly beans and the rest of the world is some kind of 3rd tier of Yggsdrasil. But dude, have you seen how fucking DOMINANT he is in everything else? How he is IMPOSSIBLE to knock out and how ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING his grappling is?

Porierierierieierrrrirer or however the **** you spell his name, is a run of the mill dutch kickboxing american wrestling BJJ guy, it's not like he's got some kind of unique puzzle to solve.
    Poirier is pretty textbook, style-wise. But the textbook style didn't become the textbook style by falling aart when something somewhat "unorthodox" comes along. And honestly KZ isn't THAT unorthodox. He's like an exact blueprint for the template "Asian" fighter, with slightly better chin, and one cool 10th planet submission.

I get where you're coming from though, squints gotta stick together.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 1:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    You are so consistently a dumbshit it's surprising that I don't read a thread on bullshido that you forgot to breathe.
    I hate to admit it, but that was quite funny.

Anyway, stop being such a fanboy. Listen to Nwp, he's right on this one.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 11:10pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am intrigued by this match-up. Both have wins with cool submissions. The Korean Zombie has the best nickname in MMA.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/19/2012 11:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast