Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 10:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanW View Post
    Suffice to say you calling me a "noob" about this is like me trying to call a BJJ black belt a "noob" in grappling. I'm simply trying to clarify something that's all.
    Noob is in reference to your join date.
    Your claims are just like any others on-line; random and unsubstantiated.
    You are no one.

blahblahblah...
    Ok, i'll spell it out dipshit...

When i typed the ellipses after "offensively" it was meant to denote a tongue in cheek statement.
    Since that was lost on some of you numbskulls, i spelled it out that i was being facetious about the offense and speaking purely anecdotally about the Ti cuts.

Now if you really think i'd point all of that out in the early part of this thread and not know exactly what i meant, then you are indeed quite a retard.
    I know what an anecdote is, it's kind of why i pointed it out with a caveat.
    So you see, you've made no point at all.

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 10:57am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    ... ...
    I'm pointing out that you are using my quote out of context/incorrectly.
    I never claimed the bullet would deflect.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I never claimed the bullet would deflect.
    It would just deflect even if it wasn't punctured outright.
    Can you blame me for my mistake? It sure looked like that's what you wrote. :)

My lineage (maybe yours too?) has a form with this kind of weapon (beef bone fan?) but I am kind of uninterested in this sort of thing.

This is for the CMA LARPer crowd, imho. The next weakest weapon on the CMA rolls is, I think, a paper towel.

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would just like to point out now that you guys are wrong about these fans. They are in fact lethal weapons and I have personally seen them used in Kombat. I even have photographic evidence to prove it:

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My lineage (maybe yours too?) has a form with this kind of weapon (beef bone fan?) but I am kind of uninterested in this sort of thing.

This is for the CMA LARPer crowd, imho. The next weakest weapon on the CMA rolls is, I think, a paper towel.
    If you're talking about blocking a knife I would prefer a roll of paper towels to the fan, at least if the knife gets stuck I could run.

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:17am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not in context, so yes i can.
    The fan can deflect or be punctured, but the bullet?
    Your haste to type before you read is well documented.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not in context, so yes i can.
    The fan can deflect or be punctured, but the bullet?
    Your haste to type before you read is well documented.
    Alright I see where I misread you. You have to forgive me man, I am skimming a lot of data at any given second, I make mistakes.

And yes, Bnet, Princess Kitana's fans are a special case. Those come from Outworld and we don't have a trade agreement with them.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right but I'm thinking what the seller is actually claiming (assuming it's not a language issue) is that even when punctured (by bullet, knife, etc), the fan is technically still a working fan, ie "proof".
    Technically, if you look up the historical conception of the term "proof" in "bulletproof", it comes from plate armor manufacturing in the early era of firearms. Back when armor was something you wore to protect you from swords, spears, arrows etc, the firearm was a brand new thing to worry about, and armor makers would shoot their finished armor in the chestplate as proof that it could withstand bullets. The mark on the armor is the "bullet proof". So, to play semantic games over the word "bulletproof" does not support them if the thing can't take a bullet. I don't think anything labelled bulletproof can claim "well, it only got a hole in it and didn't light on fire, turn itself into a pretzel and disintegrate, so its bulletproof".

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:38am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so I emailed them, saying:
    I noticed recently that you market your custom-made Imperial Dragon Fan, and tout it as being "Thrust, Cut and Slash Proof against Knife Attacks, Small Caliber Fire Arm Proof". Really? I'm used to a little hyperbole, both in marketing and in martial arts, but I'm hoping that nobody actually takes you seriously and gets themselves killed as a result.

Certainly you don't care what "random guy on the internet" has to say, but frankly, that's a liability suit waiting to happen.
    ... and got this mealy-mouthed reply:
    Greeting's,

thank you for the concern, but

we stand behind our products. the skill level in applying martial art ability is not what we are marketing, that has to do with the individual. What we are saying is that this is what it can do, whether one has the capacity or ability is up to them, this is really a ceremonial or conversation piece. I would not suggest the usage in a live situation. However " a drowning man will reach for any piece of wood that happens to be by them "

Blessimg's

Gum Bei Lin

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/02/2012 11:40am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanW View Post
    Lighten up. That quote summary I posted wasn't meant to be an insult I just didn't want the post to be mostly comprised of a quote.

Suffice to say you calling me a "noob" about this is like me trying to call a BJJ black belt a "noob" in grappling. I'm simply trying to clarify something that's all.

All implants run the risk of infection. No matter what they're made of. The current debate now is which metal is of least risk and if antimicrobial coatings work or not, and if so, to what extent. It's controversial but titanium seems to yield overall better results than stainless steel in many instances which is why many in orthopedics tend to gravitate to it. Regarding immunosuppresive qualities, there is some research on that but all of it is based on chronic exposure, not a simple laceration.

As far as anecdotal evidence...that's one step from me saying "hey i blink twice and the light turns green everytime....therefore every time I blink twice the light will turn green." It's not evidence based. It's nice to know if that's all we have but there's other things to consider. The only "nonsense" to "extrapolate" to is what you just posted and its relevancy to the topic.
    You and rabbit misread his post. Calm the **** down and don't go down the road of "OMG off topic."

we stand behind our products. the skill level in applying martial art ability is not what we are marketing, that has to do with the individual. What we are saying is that this is what it can do, whether one has the capacity or ability is up to them, this is really a ceremonial or conversation piece. I would not suggest the usage in a live situation. However " a drowning man will reach for any piece of wood that happens to be by them "
    Wow that is straight up bullshit. Where in the ad does it say "ceremonial", "never tested", "based solely on the properties of the material" and "use at your own risk?"

Oops, look at what they just added at the bottom of the page.

" The Perfect Self Defense Accessory "

Elegant Design, Practical Functioning Martial Arts Weapon For Defense and Traditional Ceremonial Events

Kevlar Fabric and Titanium Fan Blades for Strength and Flexibility in Defense and Offensive Application.
    Douchebags.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/02/2012 11:49am at .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast