Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 4:48pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did no one read Phrost's post? He said they won't do it.

Who cares anyway? Anonymous will cause havoc to Dana and the UFC for lulz, Dana will be reduced to a quivering mass of cyber fear and drastically changed opinions of the power of the "basement dweller" of whom he has become so accustomed to lauding his jock-style and athleticism over that the shock may (hopefully) slap the arrogance out of him, the world of the internet will continue filesharing to some or all degree and the UFC will continue to grow and profit regardless of how much "infringement" is occurring. Anonymous has another high profile target that will try to flex its muscle, but ultimately, unless the UFC backs down on its support for these types of legislation, all the chest beating will merely serve to prove an organisation that claims its employees to be modern gladiators is impotent when faced with "keyboard warriors".
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 5:41pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    Phrost, what do you think it would take to get Sherdog and UG to agree to something like this?
    We'd have to pay them more money than they'd lose by giving Zuffa the finger.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 11:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't think they were making much money off Zuffa, but if it's a lost cause, then it's a lost cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 1:09am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    We'd be the only ones doing it, given how we're the only site of those three not lining up on bended knees to earn Zuffa's "favor".
    Sherdog certainly isn't. And the UG doesn't care.

I post in both websites, and believe me people freaked when the found out about SOPA. I think if enough posters demanded it, they would do it- especially the UG.

Sherdog may tell them to **** off and ban them all.

Maybe you can email Drunken Meat Fist ( he's sherdogs admin) and see what he says about it. I know SD and Dana had a Falling out and any zuffa fighter who posts there gets cut... They may be down for it.

*edit*

Nvm. Saw the bit about the money. Tbh, I didn't think Sherdog was getting money from zuffa ever since they banned Sherwood from events and told fighters they'd be fired if they posted there.
    Last edited by Bruiser; 1/30/2012 1:24am at .

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 8:14am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not that they're getting money directly from Zuffa; didn't mean to imply that. It's that they depend on Zuffa to some extent in getting access to fighters and more importantly if they blacked out coverage of the UFC, unlike us, because we cover more than just MMA here (guns, Martial Arts, BS, fitness, etc.) they wouldn't have any content.

Also, if Zuffa really wanted to play dirty with those other sites, they'd simply instruct Tapout, etc, that if they had to chose between running ads on those websites, or having fighters wear their clothing during events. We're independent of that nonsense for many reasons, including that Rupture markets to Crossfitters, NAGA, and other non-UFC events.

I could be wrong about that, and will admit I'm fairly cynical. But the Sherdog and UG communities, made up of decent people, are not the Sherdog and UG websites-as-businesses.

It might be worth a try, but I'm not holding out too much hope. Still, I wish we could get something done, to get through to Dana and the Fertittas. I don't think Anonymous is going about it the right way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 12:12pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's worth it to email them, just to see what they have to say. Sherdog would be much harder than the UG because SD is owned by Crave IMHO and I don't think Crave would be down for it... I'm not sure though. The UG is independent, and has much more sway in the eyes of zuff because their fighter (openly) post there. If the UG community wanted it enough I'm sure the website would oblige. I mean they run on posters, and w/o posters advertising is pointless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 12:59pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are Zuffa even continuing support SOPA? Because people pirate their PPV's?

It seems strange that they continued to support a bill that the WHITE HOUSE has stopped supporting. If they can afford to pay the fighters what they do then they can't be losing significant amounts of money through pirating (and one cannot assume that if the means to pirate PPV's were taken away, then the people pirating the PPV's would pay to watch the PPV's legally).

Anonymous has been busy lately frying bigger fish than Zuffa (CIA, DOJ etc.), but I can see them taking down the UFC website, Facebook stream etc. and only then will Zuffa stop supporting SOPA.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 1:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am in full support of a boycott.

**** Dana, and **** soap.

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lulz continue:

Richmond Police Department Sgt. Mike Rood became a target after he offered his support on Twitter to UFC President Dana White, who has been engaged in an entertaining feud with Anonymous over his vocal anti-piracy stance.

The cop tweeted that he'd go after the "hacking fucks" with "both guns", and then...

Anonymous overwhelmed the Richmond Police Department page with news that one of their cops was talking about shooting people on Twitter, and posted pictures of what appears to be Rood's badge and his truck

http://gawker.com/5880860/anonymous-...gle-dumb-tweet

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 6:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's be honest here, in terms of boycotting UFC by not ordering their PPVs... well many of us have been boycotting for a long while now.

...Because they support SOPA!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast