Our Sponsors:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 7:28pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are looking to do MMA you will have to figure out how to spar on limeted rule sets anyway.

We aren't robots. And most peolple can figure out that if it is a grappling session you dont throw bombs.

The issue you might have is trying to Karate your way thought the boxing class because you feel more comfortable. Dont. Be 100% present in the class that you are doing. You will get more out of it.

(Just to clarify cos that doesn't read right. Not so much throwing kicks in boxing sparring. But resisting advice on body position, movement that sort of thing. Your karate will make you better because you have the motor skill built in allready. You will do boxing and can either take a step back in skill for a bit while you are learning new skills or stay at your level and learn nothing.)
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 1:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ay where is the gym

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 3:37pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    If you are looking to do MMA you will have to figure out how to spar on limeted rule sets anyway.

We aren't robots. And most peolple can figure out that if it is a grappling session you dont throw bombs.

The issue you might have is trying to Karate your way thought the boxing class because you feel more comfortable. Dont. Be 100% present in the class that you are doing. You will get more out of it.

(Just to clarify cos that doesn't read right. Not so much throwing kicks in boxing sparring. But resisting advice on body position, movement that sort of thing. Your karate will make you better because you have the motor skill built in allready. You will do boxing and can either take a step back in skill for a bit while you are learning new skills or stay at your level and learn nothing.)
    Thanks for the advice!, I had that doubt you are right I guess different things are different things so I will just box during boxing and take it like a complete begginer

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 5:50am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sorry but that was just very bad karate, not that the MT guy was great. Im surprised he has Dan Rank.

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 7:03am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    Im sorry but that was just very bad karate, not that the MT guy was great. Im surprised he has Dan Rank.
    Christ not this fucking **** again ... yeah good bump. You got videos to show us TEH REALZ KOW RAH TEE? I'd love to see them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 7:32am

Style: shorin ryu/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here you go....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 2:22pm

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they were the high lights, man I wonder what the rest was. At least they know they need to learn to box... even if it is from a sensei.

Posted On:
    2/21/2012 11:43pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscodog View Post
    here you go....
    Whilst I applaud the live sparring with head punches ... if you think that grappling is good ... then you're clearly deluded. Also just as a FYI, when you remove that head gear and you still have face punches with MMA gloves ... it fucking hurts, and those guys were retreating after being hit. It amazes me that you think they'd do a lot better in an MMA fight than the other guy.

Posted On:
    4/08/2012 4:45pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .You nigga... Let me say something... If you gonna say something like that, please, add "el gabo bohemio" (that's his facebook) and say everything you want.. Ok? Thanks... Nigaa!
    Last edited by RurikGreenwulf; 4/08/2012 4:51pm at .
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314