Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    My cousin told me he believes his style doesnt have the fault of his loss but rather he should train more to be better and faster
    Cool! Keep posting the videos of him getting beaten up.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 12:37pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel so powerless now I cant make my family and friends leave their mcdojos, I have tried to explain them the concept of aliveness, how we train with shields and focus mittens in my style and others, how only trough resistance you can discover what techniques work. Now I cant even talk with most of them about martial arts because they believe Im a Full contact nut rider and such

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 2:43pm

Style: APK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My cousin told me he believes his style doesnt have the fault of his loss but rather he should train more to be better and faster
    uechi ryu is fine, my friend who does it spars with other styles on a regular basis and at least holds his own and is made out of steel. it must be where he is learning uechi ryu in which case he should run away from it as fast as he can

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel so powerless now I cant make my family and friends leave their mcdojos, I have tried to explain them the concept of aliveness, how we train with shields and focus mittens in my style and others, how only trough resistance you can discover what techniques work. Now I cant even talk with most of them about martial arts because they believe Im a Full contact nut rider and such

Have you considered making friends with the guy that just beat him ? Between the 2 of you there should be a way to convince your brother that he's going about his training all wrong. He might be able to dismiss you as just a "nut rider" but the guy that knocked him on his ass repeatedly should hold a bit more authority.

Have those 2 guys sit down and watch the fight so the Muay Thai guy can explain (without being too much of a dick) this is why I beat you and will continue to beat you again and again.
    Last edited by Bad Apple; 1/29/2012 3:25pm at . Reason: fat fingered button too soon

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I truly hate how so much of the point karateka here are so close minded when I asked if they trained with Focus mittens and training shields they asked "whats that?" and I had to show them pictures and explain their use to them. A lot of the students are also fanatics you can see in another of my posts more of this like how they do sweeps and throws on a tile floor

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-110018.html
    Pffft, I grew up doing sweeps on tile floors. Smashed the back of my head twice really badly in sparring, tailbone once. It sucked, but such is life! Kyokushin guys don't use gloves, which is slightly loco, so don't hate on how we rolled yo. We did learn good ukemi, however, which we ironically practiced on mats. No mats for sparring though.

(Yes, I have mats for my students. It's a different era, even from when I started, let alone what it was like for the true old-timers.)
    Last edited by maofas; 1/29/2012 4:30pm at .

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 4:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are a full contact nutrider, but it's a common side effect from having trained for 10 months. Take heart,it's better than being an RBSD nutrider or Hatsumi nutrider or a chi superhero, however, as you're probably getting good training. This condition won't last forever if you stick with training.

P.S. A few years ago the owner/head instructor of the biggest/best MMA/BJJ gym in my area told me (when he had no idea I did Karate or was anything other than a beginner grappler) he say value in pretty much all martial arts, even pointsparring and encouraged his guys to not laugh at it and try to learn something instead. (Obviously he doesn't mean **** like Yellow Bamboo, so don't take "all" to an illogical conclusion!)

If you want to convert your friends/family, keep it from becoming a contest; bring them to one of your Kyokushin classes, and make sure they have a good time/see something cool/everyone is friendly & welcoming to them.
    Last edited by maofas; 1/29/2012 4:43pm at .

Posted On:
    1/29/2012 4:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh boy Thats the video in question, yep my cousin is now going to stat crosstraining in Muay Thai!
    I bet he will be good and might be able to make some good use out of the timing/distance poinfighting stuff he learned once he gets more the more bread and butter skills from Muay Thai. He really can take a hit and isn't wimpy.

That beatdown was much harder than almost every TD video out there and honestly your cousin acquitted himself better than a lot of posters here would.

Posted On:
    1/30/2012 9:07pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    You are a full contact nutrider, but it's a common side effect from having trained for 10 months. Take heart,it's better than being an RBSD nutrider or Hatsumi nutrider or a chi superhero, however, as you're probably getting good training. This condition won't last forever if you stick with training.

P.S. A few years ago the owner/head instructor of the biggest/best MMA/BJJ gym in my area told me (when he had no idea I did Karate or was anything other than a beginner grappler) he say value in pretty much all martial arts, even pointsparring and encouraged his guys to not laugh at it and try to learn something instead. (Obviously he doesn't mean **** like Yellow Bamboo, so don't take "all" to an illogical conclusion!)

If you want to convert your friends/family, keep it from becoming a contest; bring them to one of your Kyokushin classes, and make sure they have a good time/see something cool/everyone is friendly & welcoming to them.
    I think you are right. I took this the wrong way I will bring them to Kyokushin classes then.
    Thank you for input!

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 12:38am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well ... that guy will be hurting for a few days.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2012 8:35am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see the point-fighterness of it all. He looked a lot like me when I first got to Japan. I'd hop off the line and land a sharp punch and think, "Point!"

...then I'd get hit about fifteen times because there are no points.

Uechi-Ryu man really does need to learn to adapt to circumstances a little though. If you're getting hit in the head that much and it still doesn't even occur to you to maybe raise your hands, maybe this fighting stuff isn't for you.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast