Sponsored Links Spacer Image

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 10:32pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Diaz dropped the ball, and is unstable with some seriously warped perspective.

That said, the problem in this sport is NOT guys who fight like Diaz. It's guys who fight like Condit (did), Rashad (often does), and Shields (always has).
    If you are a consistent runner then yeah there is a problem. Condit isn't - he fought the fight he needed.

Put it this way, if you are one step away from a title shot and a bigger payday you certainly do not want to put yourself into the "good try" camp. Are you going to chip in extra cash for him because he went out entertaining you? Course not

He got past a notoriously tough yet predictable fighter by using a strategy needed to get the job done. That is part of being a thinking martial artist as opposed to a 1 dimensional "toughman"

His job is to win fights and get paid - period. His job is not to entertain you. The entertainment an individual brings is secondary.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 11:09pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    BTW....is anybody going to bring up the bullshit call by Herb Dean?
    The two point deduction against Bruce Leeroy? The no point deduction against Josh "Warn Me All You Want" Koscheck? Or the quick stand up or separation in the same fight? It really wasn't Herb's night.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 11:12pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two point deduction.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 4:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was bitching about that to some other people as well. ive seen guys get DQed from muay thai fights for getting kicked in the nuts, because they "defended" an inside leg lick exactly how he did, i.e. dropping his weight down and turning his nuts into the kick. his own fucking fault, both times. i dont know why they were harping on about the guys muay thai, apart from landing that kick he was sloppy as ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 4:39am

Style: lazy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the part where Diaz bitch slapped him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 5:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    You're kidding, right? For the FIRST FOUR ROUNDS Condit made Diaz look like a moron because he couldn't figure out how to change the way he was fighting to adapt to Condit's strategy. As I hate the Diaz brothers, I spent the whole fight praying Diaz would continue onward like a trapped monkey, which he did.

I suppose I should explain how monkey traps work for those who don't know. You have a bottle or gourd with a hole in it or something attached to a chain. Then you put food in the trap. The monkey reaches in to get the food, but can't get his hand back out when he makes a fist. All the monkey has to do to escape the trap is let go of the food, but he's too stupid for that.

I think we're equally biased and trying to see through your eyes I think I can maybe just see condit winning one of those first two, if you score ineffective shots.

That monkey trap idea is pretty funny,...http://youtu.be/NX_23r7vYak (skip the first minute)

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 6:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically the opinion of the internet is that Diaz should never lose any decision, ever, because blocking with your face is a point-scoring move?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 6:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is more to winning a striking contest than landing pissy little taps... unless you play a touch contact sport.

Not saying he did that the whole time, just the first two , mostly.

That said, not just anyone can really hit on the backfoot.
    Last edited by jdempsey; 2/06/2012 6:26am at .

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 7:41am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    So basically the opinion of the internet is that Diaz should never lose any decision, ever, because blocking with your face is a point-scoring move?
    My wife is of the opinion that Nick Diaz thinks the space immediately behind his head is extremely valuable and needs to be defended at all costs.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/06/2012 8:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    His job is to win fights and get paid - period. His job is not to entertain you. The entertainment an individual brings is secondary.
    Exactly wrong, and your opinion is exactly what's wrong with the people I mentioned and the world of boxing.

Their job is to FIGHT and get paid. Win bonuses are just that: BONUSES. His job IS to entertain me because this is a spectacle, not a street fight or a blood match or some ****. Does anyone want to see an NFL team that scores a touchdown and then spikes the ball for 3 downs and kicks it deep for the rest of the game? No. Does anyone want to see a soccer team that scores one goal and then plays with 10 men behind the ball the rest of the game? No.

Sometimes these things happen, but if that's your game plan then go **** yourself because you're missing the entire point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast