I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 12:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Stephen Thompson is a good karate fighter but he will fail when he runs into an expert in Gracie jiu-jitsu. We saw this already with Machida.
    It's Sunday and my sarcasm meter is off so this post might be unnecessary.

Thompson's brother in law is Carlos Machado, Thompson is a blue or purple in BJJ and Machida got choked out by Jones who is just a freak.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 12:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Put yourself in Condit's shoes. When faced with an opponent like Nick Diaz who has a chin impervius to anything but tactical nuclear strikes and excellent submission abilities, do you:

1. Stand in front of him and try to finish him with strikes to the pleasure of the crowd

2. Use your superior wrestling to take him down and try your luck against a BJJ black belt in a groundfight

3. Pick him apart with varied striking and use movement to stay out the pocket, scoring lots of hits while avoiding damage yourself to please the judges

Opponent analysed. Weakness found and exploited successfully. Result: victory. And fan bitching.

Diaz got figured out. I, for one, thought that was entertaining to watch, as Diaz's biggest strength seems to be in his ability to lure people into playing his game. Condit clearly wasn't falling for it and can take home a well-earned victory as a result.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 1:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way I would have scored it round 1-2 Diaz, 3-4 Condit.

And thought the take down and ground work in 5 stole round 5 for Diaz.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP is going to Rape condit. It's too bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 1:50pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got to say, I was expecting nothing good to come from this match but was pleasantly surprised.

Condit figured Diaz out, created a game plan, and executed it. He was constantly thinking two moves ahead. It was like watching a violent chess match.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 1:58pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    By the way I would have scored it round 1-2 Diaz, 3-4 Condit.

And thought the take down and ground work in 5 stole round 5 for Diaz.
    I know it'll give me a headache, but why don't you explain this logic?

I don't care what the scoring system looks like Diaz lost that fight. After watching the first round you knew what the game plan was going to be. Diaz should've changed it up by the third.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 2:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I know it'll give me a headache, but why don't you explain this logic?

I don't care what the scoring system looks like Diaz lost that fight. After watching the first round you knew what the game plan was going to be. Diaz should've changed it up by the third.
    The first 2 rounds I though Diaz land the more significant punches. I know Carlo's landed more but the body head combo's Diaz threw against Carlos looked more damaging than the leg kick backward moving Jabs that Carlos threw while disengaging .

in 3,4 and 5 Calros avoided those types of exchanges and I though land more strikes and avoided any significant strikes and won the striking match in those rounds.

However I give taking Carlos down, taking the back and threatening a sub the closes that round had to putting anyone in danger so I narrowly give it to Diaz.

But I am not crying that Diaz was robbed I have no problem with the judges decision if they figure it wasn't significant enough to nullify Carlos's superior striking in that round.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Put yourself in Condit's shoes. When faced with an opponent like Nick Diaz who has a chin impervius to anything but tactical nuclear strikes and excellent submission abilities, do you:

1. Stand in front of him and try to finish him with strikes to the pleasure of the crowd

2. Use your superior wrestling to take him down and try your luck against a BJJ black belt in a groundfight

3. Pick him apart with varied striking and use movement to stay out the pocket, scoring lots of hits while avoiding damage yourself to please the judges

Opponent analysed. Weakness found and exploited successfully. Result: victory. And fan bitching.

Diaz got figured out. I, for one, thought that was entertaining to watch, as Diaz's biggest strength seems to be in his ability to lure people into playing his game. Condit clearly wasn't falling for it and can take home a well-earned victory as a result.
    You can call my attitude what you like, but the fact of the matter is this: Machida got figured out, and beaten. Liddell got figured out and beaten. Tito got figured out and beaten.

Diaz got figured out and out-scored. It's not a beating if your opponent at the end of the 5th is still moving backward. Yes, he won the fight on points. And that was the gameplan. He was no more beaten than someone at Abu Dhabi who's opponent gets an advantage and then spends the rest of the match avoiding subs, takedowns, and engagement.

If that's the kind of fight you want to watch, by all means. I prefer for fighters to actually "fight".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 2:27pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    The first 2 rounds I though Diaz land the more significant punches. I know Carlo's landed more but the body head combo's Diaz threw against Carlos looked more damaging than the leg kick backward moving Jabs that Carlos threw while disengaging .

in 3,4 and 5 Calros avoided those types of exchanges and I though land more strikes and avoided any significant strikes and won the striking match in those rounds.

However I give taking Carlos down, taking the back and threatening a sub the closes that round had to putting anyone in danger so I narrowly give it to Diaz.

But I am not crying that Diaz was robbed I have no problem with the judges decision if they figure it wasn't significant enough to nullify Carlos's superior striking in that round.
    Yeah, that gave me headache.....jk.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 2:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    You can call my attitude what you like, but the fact of the matter is this: Machida got figured out, and beaten. Liddell got figured out and beaten. Tito got figured out and beaten.

Diaz got figured out and out-scored. It's not a beating if your opponent at the end of the 5th is still moving backward. Yes, he won the fight on points. And that was the gameplan. He was no more beaten than someone at Abu Dhabi who's opponent gets an advantage and then spends the rest of the match avoiding subs, takedowns, and engagement.

If that's the kind of fight you want to watch, by all means. I prefer for fighters to actually "fight".
    Can't completely agree. Sometimes you wonder if the person trying to play catch up is going to try something new that ends up in a highlight reel.
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast