Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 9:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not a fan of the UFC, being a PRIDE kid, as everybody here knows. And I have to say, I enjoyed this card, alltogether.

Condit simply is a better fighter than Diaz.
    He wore him down, and would likely have finished him.

Also, though I am aware that this is a very bold statement,
    and that I might offend people by saying so, from my very selective
    perception of US media, I often get the impression that gays are the new jews, and that Hispanic people are the new gypsies.

I am DAMN glad that a person who I consider of my own ethnicity wears a championship belt AND can speak in full sentences, and doesn't define himself by his drug habits and "tough" lifestyle, so this impression through the media can be counterbalanced.

So, Nick Diaz want to retire.
    Please, go away, and never come back.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 2/05/2012 9:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 9:21am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yEah fucking ***** cvondit be ruuninn around like a scared bitch tryin to tag my boy nick with some weak ass lehg kicks nick wouldave tore his headoff in areal fight on the street!!!!!! this is not would mma suppusoed to look like fucking bitch greg jackson turning the whole scene gay i understand nicks retiremnent he dont need this **** he's the true champ stockton 209 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
    shiiiet even these bitches be puttin on a better fight than gay ass condit this heres how an mma fight suoppose 2 look yall better recognize!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously: Condit won beacause employed the strategy that suited him in the fight. That Nick did not have the wits and/or tools to deal with it was his problem, not Condit's or Greg Jackson's.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am happy with my current avatar,
    but for your consideration, Sirs:
    Attached Images  

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to seeing more of Stephen Thompson. Very sweet KO
    Stephen Thompson is a good karate fighter but he will fail when he runs into an expert in Gracie jiu-jitsu. We saw this already with Machida.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 10:20am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Condit won, and in the worst fucking way possible: by trying to not lose. I don't mind an elusive fighter, and landing strikes/getting the **** out of dodge is a wholly acceptable strategy. But when you pitty-pat your way for 5 rounds while backing up, you simply don't deserve to be champion of anything but track and field.

And don't you assholes go comparing this horse **** to Machida or Silva either. Those motherfuckers actually go in for the kill when there is an opening. At one point, Diaz sat back WAITING for him to come in and finish him off, only to realize that Condit was going to fucking salsa all the way to the finish line.

Go **** yourself Jackson Camp and Carlos Condit for embodying everything I hate about what this sport is becoming: a neutered ****-off slapfight.
    Carlos humped Nick on the ground for 25 minutes to get a decision? I don't remember that.

This fight was going to a decision either way and Condit knew it. The only question was whether he'd play Nick's game and lose, or frustrate Nick's game and win. Condit landed a lot of good shots--he rather handily outstruck Diaz and brutalized that leg--but that gets lost with the whole "Condit runs back to the center" thing. I'm not sure what you mean about Condit not going in for the kill; at no point do I remember Diaz close to being finished but I'll have to watch the fight again to be sure.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to try and put this simply.

The problem here is not that I think Nick Diaz won the decision. He didn't. He didn't land enough strikes or enough effective strikes to do so.

THE PROBLEM: A points system which was originally instated to encourage fighters to fight and decide bouts that couldn't be decisively settled is now ABUSED by a great many of the Jackson Camp and a number of fighters when they stare down opponents they are scared of on some level.

FIGHTING IS NOT A FUCKING GAME. Fighting is about beating your opponent and entertaining me, and if I wanted to see two assholes play patty cake after a tickle session I'd go watch Oz on Netflix. If you can't beat your opponent, then take your asswhooping like a fucking man and maybe it'll fall your way, or don't accept the fight. But don't dance around, throw a handful of kicks that land flush (hardly brutalized; watch Hughes v. Renzo for using leg kicks to efficacy), and avoid your opponent like he's got fucking cooties. His counters were ACTUALLY WORKING, and if you're going to be called champ you better try and finish that ****. And if you can't finish him, you should put a beating on him so bad that makes you wonder if the other man's gonna come out for the last round. AND IF YOU CAN'T, you should fucking spill blood trying. That's what I mean by going in for the kill.

I don't want to watch games. I don't want to play chess. If I wanted to play chess, I'd play chess, but I opt for the version of life where I can knock your pieces off the board and choke you out before you have a chance to hit the turn clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 10:41am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    Fucking greg jackson. I was hoping to see a fight.

I give Diaz the first two for being in control, Condit pretty much just did his warm up and went for a run with some light shadow boxing.

But then the next to condit as he started landing with respectable enough power to score (IMO)

The last round I dunno... Condit got more points standing but Diaz takes him down and gets his back with maybe 40 seconds? on the clock.

Kockcheck won his fight via shitty takedown why not Diaz... WHHaaaaaaaa.:Baww:
    You're kidding, right? For the FIRST FOUR ROUNDS Condit made Diaz look like a moron because he couldn't figure out how to change the way he was fighting to adapt to Condit's strategy. As I hate the Diaz brothers, I spent the whole fight praying Diaz would continue onward like a trapped monkey, which he did.

I suppose I should explain how monkey traps work for those who don't know. You have a bottle or gourd with a hole in it or something attached to a chain. Then you put food in the trap. The monkey reaches in to get the food, but can't get his hand back out when he makes a fist. All the monkey has to do to escape the trap is let go of the food, but he's too stupid for that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 11:06am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I hate to break it to you but this is a sport, which makes it pretty much a game. Thing is, a lesser fighter would have probably been rocked or dropped by some of the head kicks. The leg kicks visibly affected Diaz in the later rounds, causing him to stop advancing in the fifth. Condit landed plenty of combinations and a variety of hard strikes. So really, it sounds like you are pissed off that he decisioned a guy who hasn't been stopped (aside from a cut) since 2002. What I saw was a really entertaining fight, where Condit came out with a plan that nullified Diaz; a plan that relied on expending a fuckton of energy and outstriking Diaz.

I'll take that over holding a guy on the ground or pushing him up against a cage any day.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 12:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diaz had a superior ground game but inferior wrestling. If he could have gotten it top the ground in the earlier rounds I think it would have been scored Diaz.

Good wrestling also nullifies leg kicks and the ability to confuse the opponent and make them uncomfortable.

Diaz was too predictable and Condit got in a zone of strike, avoid was and repeat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 12:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would call what Condit was doing running, if and only if he wasn't landing combinations on the way out. Every time Condit circled out, he was hitting hard and landing kicks and it was working. It was obvious by the fifth round that Diaz was frustrated and tired of taking punishment on the feet, which was why he initiated the takedown.
    As far as Condit backing up, if you have a guy with an awesome chin who is advancing on you like Frankenstein's monster with bad intentions, of course you're going to back up. By the way I noticed that in the later rounds Diaz was on his heels a few times as well.
    Condit won, and more importantly he exposed a giant flaw in Diaz which is that if he can't bully his opponent, he is at a loss of what to do. Diaz's taunts at the end of the fight looked desperate and sad.
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast