Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Condit won, and in the worst fucking way possible: by trying to not lose. I don't mind an elusive fighter, and landing strikes/getting the **** out of dodge is a wholly acceptable strategy. But when you pitty-pat your way for 5 rounds while backing up, you simply don't deserve to be champion of anything but track and field.

And don't you assholes go comparing this horse **** to Machida or Silva either. Those motherfuckers actually go in for the kill when there is an opening. At one point, Diaz sat back WAITING for him to come in and finish him off, only to realize that Condit was going to fucking salsa all the way to the finish line.

Go **** yourself Jackson Camp and Carlos Condit for embodying everything I hate about what this sport is becoming: a neutered ****-off slapfight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:13am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Thompson against some better quality opponents.. a great knockout kick by the kid tonight.
    I was wondering why he didn't take him down, and then I saw Carlos Machado was in his corner... I wonder if he's got a good ground game.

On a separate note: fucking great. Another Jesus-freak in the UFC. I smelled it on him when they said he was one of 148 children.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
    Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
    Renan Barão vs. Scott Jorgensen
    Dustin Poirier vs. Max Holloway
    I called it. :)

Not that any of the fights were hard to call, except Diaz vs Condit.

Also, Hispanics everywhere cheer as our dumbest brother just chose to retire.

Na na na na na na...

Na na na na na na...

Hey hey hey...

Goodbye, Nick!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 2/05/2012 5:32am at .

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:29am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Condit won, and in the worst fucking way possible: by trying to not lose.
    This. Great execution of the most annoying gameplan.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Condit was landing 3-4 punch kick combos while Diaz was too fucking stupid to either clinch to prevent Condit from getting away, kicking Condits legs to slow him down, or to take him down. **** Diaz for having a stupid fucking gameplan and not being able to adapt. WTF do you expect? That opponents are going to stand flat footed in front of you and let you off-load on them?

Get a brain and spit those fucking marbles out of your mouth.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 5:43am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering why he didn't take him down, and then I saw Carlos Machado was in his corner... I wonder if he's got a good ground game.

On a separate note: fucking great. Another Jesus-freak in the UFC. I smelled it on him when they said he was one of 148 children.
    I think Mr. Jesus-freak has a purple belt.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 6:07am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wonderboy is also Carlos' brother-in-law. So, I think it is a safe assumption that he has a ground game.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 6:25am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cant see what was controversial about that decision at all.
    Diaz won maybe one round (the 5th - and that's debateable)

Why do the likes of Mayweather, Marquez, Hopkins etc.. get praised for this kind of strategy while MMA fighters often get criticised? (or have the decision go against them)
    Personally I like watching a more technical stand up fight like this.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 6:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Why do the likes of Mayweather, Marquez, Hopkins etc.. get praised for this kind of strategy while MMA fighters often get criticised? (or have the decision go against them)
    Because in boxing you have an 8-10oz. glove and one way of winning. As long as your opponent is of comparable capability, it's a lot easier to survive.

In MMA, there's countless ways to win and do damage. There's a lot less reason to play to points in this sport because there's a lot more payoff for the risk. ON TOP OF THAT, MMA isn't (yet) plagued by the overemphasis on records.

Finally, this is fucking entertainment and we're there to put on a show. At the level these guys are competing at, to dance around like a fruit fly and play foot tag is fucking abhorrent. Carlos Condit won the decision, but that safe-ass **** has no place on the grand stage. He wasn't trying to beat Diaz, he was trying to game the system.

Posted On:
    2/05/2012 8:04am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because in boxing you have an 8-10oz. glove and one way of winning. As long as your opponent is of comparable capability, it's a lot easier to survive.

In MMA, there's countless ways to win and do damage. There's a lot less reason to play to points in this sport because there's a lot more payoff for the risk. ON TOP OF THAT, MMA isn't (yet) plagued by the overemphasis on records.

Finally, this is fucking entertainment and we're there to put on a show. At the level these guys are competing at, to dance around like a fruit fly and play foot tag is fucking abhorrent. Carlos Condit won the decision, but that safe-ass **** has no place on the grand stage. He wasn't trying to beat Diaz, he was trying to game the system.
    I agree to a certain extent but at the same time feel the whole 'lets get it on!..yeahhh' type mentality is damaging to the sport.

I'm sick of watching fights where fighters win decisions based purely on the fact they kept 'coming forward'. I partly blame the Tapout douchebag type audience that tend to boo whenever 30 seconds goes by without any real damage inflicted.
    (I should also add that Jiu Jitsu suffers because of this as well, fighters are far too often stood back because they are not 'pushing the pace')

I just think that attitude has a detrimental effect on what could be a nice technical fight.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast