Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 12:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Maybe because the other guy wasn't on an illegal substance? The issue here isn't whether or not weed should be legal. I'm with you on that. Fact of the matter is that it is still illegal in many places in the US, Nevada being one of them. When you sign that contract, you agree to abide by those rules, period. Why should the dude who held to his contract and won the fight be penalized?
    More importantly, why do you have the discipline to train for a triathlon or a 5 round fight, and yet you can't lay off the hash for an 8-10 week fucking camp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 1:42pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    More importantly, why do you have the discipline to train for a triathlon or a 5 round fight, and yet you can't lay off the hash for an 8-10 week fucking camp?
    True story. It boggles the mind.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 2:23pm

Style: punch on artist

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A quote from Cesar Gracie...

"He's got a medical marijuana card. Nick is a naturalist at heart, he thinks ritalin is an amphetamine. He thinks that is really bad for you. People with ADD are kind of hyper so he has trouble sleeping. He got the medical marijuana card and takes his pot to go to sleep and be more focused."

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    And I think Cesar Gracie would love to have a bank account like Randy Couture.
    It's funny that you think Randy Couture has any money. (Hint: three divorces.)

That said, I agree with Vince. I can't imagine any rational investor looking to open a high-risk endeavor like a gym putting money behind Diaz. The guy's a disaster waiting to happen. Four million dollar airplane, twenty dollar control tower.
    Last edited by Rivington; 2/14/2012 2:41pm at .

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdempsey View Post
    A quote from Cesar Gracie...

"He's got a medical marijuana card. Nick is a naturalist at heart, he thinks ritalin is an amphetamine. He thinks that is really bad for you. People with ADD are kind of hyper so he has trouble sleeping. He got the medical marijuana card and takes his pot to go to sleep and be more focused."
    My friend just got a medical marijuana card. Here's how easy it is in the Bay, where Diaz also lives.

Friend walks in. Doctor is actually on the phone, and glances up at him and hands him a clipboard.

Friend marks an X next to "headaches" and hands the clipboard back.

While still on the phone the doctor covers the receiver with his hand and says, "Tried other things?" Friend nods. "Still headaches?" He nods again. Then the doctor hands him another form—the specifics of getting a card, and after about an hour he walks out with one. He has to come back the next day to get his "medicine" though.

I'm all for legalization, and I'm sure that there are many cancer patients who legitimately use pot as an appetite stimulant, for example, but medical marijuana is just a wedge—it ain't real medicine.

At least, I know that I can't get any of my prescriptions

a. delivered to my house
    b. at 10:30 at night
    c. in the form of a blueberry cheesecake slice, and
    d. the delivery boy offers to split it with me.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 2:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    My friend just got a medical marijuana card. Here's how easy it is in the Bay, where Diaz also lives.

Friend walks in. Doctor is actually on the phone, and glances up at him and hands him a clipboard.

Friend marks an X next to "headaches" and hands the clipboard back.

While still on the phone the doctor covers the receiver with his hand and says, "Tried other things?" Friend nods. "Still headaches?" He nods again. Then the doctor hands him another form—the specifics of getting a card, and after about an hour he walks out with one. He has to come back the next day to get his "medicine" though.

I'm all for legalization, and I'm sure that there are many cancer patients who legitimately use pot as an appetite stimulant, for example, but medical marijuana is just a wedge—it ain't real medicine.

At least, I know that I can't get any of my prescriptions

a. delivered to my house
    b. at 10:30 at night
    c. in the form of a blueberry cheesecake slice, and
    d. the delivery boy offers to split it with me.
    The research shows it can be good medicine, but my friend lives in Oakland and you're dead right: It's easier to get a prescription for it than birth control, and that's not an exaggeration. For now, this is just the intermediate stage between illegal and legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/14/2012 10:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole "of course marijuana is good for you! It grows in nature!" may be one of the stupidest pro dope arguements...strike that, one of the stupidest arguements period EVER. Do these people have any idea of the number of plants and fungi that will kill you deader than Abe Lincoln that "grow in nature"?

As for Nick having a card or not...big whoop. It's possible to get prescriptions for anabolic steroids and Oxycontin too...but you can't jump in the Octagon and compete after pouring handfuls of them down your throat.

IMO Nick has bragged about using "herbal cleansers" to cheat drug tests before, this time it bite him in the face.

:)

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    The whole "of course marijuana is good for you! It grows in nature!" may be one of the stupidest pro dope arguements...strike that, one of the stupidest arguements period EVER. Do these people have any idea of the number of plants and fungi that will kill you deader than Abe Lincoln that "grow in nature"?
    If that were the argument it would be stupid. I think the argument is more along the lines of:
    This particular natural plant, that humans have cultivated for thousands of years, can serve the same function as some of the man-made drugs, without the harmful side-effects. Giving people with short-attention-spans speed isn't clear-cut as a good thing.

Coming off these drugs can cause suicidal ideation, among other pleasant states. The effects of being on them aren't much better. That he would want to smoke herbs, rather than take Adderall, Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Desoxyn, ProCentra, or Vyvanse etc. strikes me as sensible. That he mistimed it, is retarded, in light of the money at stake.

I've helped restrain a bigass guy who was off his meds (in withdrawel), and attacked a family on the train. Shocking someone would flip out when they didn't get their speed.

EDIT: I rarely take pain/headache medication even with a headache. I average less than once a year. I'm mr short attention span, but won't take speed. There's one thing I trust, and that's because after thousands of years, if there was a big problem, yeah we'd likely know about it, especially with all the money behind the push to ban the herbs, and push the synthetics.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 2/15/2012 12:24am at .

:)

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not saying Nick shouldn't have abstained. Rules are there, play by them, or expect to get burned. Fighters sometimes give up sex before a fight, and I'm sure that's stressful. People give up things, for other things. He should have let it go for at least his entire training camp.

Posted On:
    2/15/2012 12:42am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am firmly of the belief he should've stayed away from it for the months leading to the fight. Why? Because he could be one of the best advocates for weed there ever was. Imagine this: having just completed the fight, win or loss, he shows respect to his opponent and then, in the interview, says he is going to smoke some marijuana and reflect quietly on his win/ loss before taking part in the celebrations with his team/ opponent. Sports Illustrated is intrigued and does a piece on him, but instead of trying to demonise him and his habit, they open up the lines of communication by asking how a top level athlete could compete if he smoked marijuana.

I've read an interview with him before and he is funny. A bit more media training, directed by NORML and boom, we have an Ambassador.

PS, I have been sober for over a year, nothing more than aspirin has passed my lips drugs wise, but I am so keen on smoking a blunt right now.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25 LastLast