solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Dunno - does Nick Diaz seem to you to be the type of person to be a successful businessman and high-level instructor in, well, anything?
    businessman? no, that's what business partners are for. instructor? hell yeah.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 4:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually annoyed at this rematch as well. If you're going to stand by a decision, Dana White, do it because you think it was the right decision. Don't tuck dick and do a 180 because people like me are unsatisfied with scorecard gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 4:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno - does Nick Diaz seem to you to be the type of person to be a successful businessman and high-level instructor in, well, anything?
    I'd happily take instruction from him in anything except post-fight interview skillz. And maybe opponent-name-pronunciation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 5:57pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's been a few tweets from Cesar Gracie that seem to indicate the rematch might not be happening. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't surprise me if Diaz decided against taking the rematch. Along with a black belt in BJJ, Diaz also holds black belts in making poor career decisions for emotional reasons and being an idiot.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't surprise me if Diaz decided against taking the rematch. Along with a black belt in BJJ, Diaz also holds black belts in making poor career decisions for emotional reasons and being an idiot.
    Oh yeah, this is an understatement.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 6:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I call "running" is what Kalib Starnes did, ie: a refusal to engage at all. What Condit did was engage on his own terms, rather than when it was convenient for Diaz. Personally, I found the fight, including Condit's tactics, entertaining, and I dislike the trend of fighters abandoning their tactical strengths to STANNANBANG, encouraged by the UFC's incentives and refs retarding grappling with stupidly quick stand-ups, which apparently is what "teh fans" wanted Condit to do. **** that.

I also find the UFC's treatment of Nick Diaz rather perplexing. Not long ago, Dana White said he was "done with Nick Diaz" due to his repeated unprofessional behaviour (ie: his typical behaviour), and then virtually in the next breath, Dana says he's fighting for an interim title. He loses that fight, treats everyone to more of his bullshit during and after the fight, and now he's offered an immediate rematch. Other fighters have been reprimanded and/or cut for far less.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 8:56pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently the rematch isn't happening because Diaz popped positive for weed? This is like one of those movies where you totally see the plot twist coming from a mile off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 9:10pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stupid question: how is weed a PED?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 9:18pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not, but it still shows up on a drug test and it is banned. In California, he would have gotten away with it, but not in Nevada. Still technically conjecture but its what a lot of sources are saying now; that Nick Diaz may be facing a 1 year suspension due to pissing hot for weed.

Edit: Need to double check some things.
    Last edited by CNagy; 2/08/2012 9:21pm at .
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast