Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 10:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does the TUF crowd know really love Nick? He only has two UFC fights and spent most of the last decade in EliteXC and Strikeforce.

I think this is more about getting Nick to stop crying in the corner and come play with the other kids. Which Dana could get if he just waited, Nick is self proclaimedly broker than the Ten Commandments, doesn't have any kind of education, and lacks the people skills for the food service industry. He'll be fighting when he's older than Dan Severn.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 10:20am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    He'll be fighting when he's older than Dan Severn.
    Yup. And soiling his depends will be even more embarrassing than wandering around a cage waiting to get hit. He is right, at least, to be pissed about that fight. But not for the reasons he's pissed about it.

:)

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, maybe the UFC brass didn't want to see Condit and GSP dancing with the stars. Perhaps it's punishment of sorts, for teh retreat-win. Unless I'm mistaken Condit promised his fans a bang out. Who cares what Diaz thought, a great deal of the fans wanted that, and he said it was coming. That's why they got the billing they did, for a war.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012...e-war-ufc-143/
    The UFC is giving Diaz (26-7 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Condit (27-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC) a marketing push typically reserved for the biggest stars in the promotion. Nelson, and everyone else, can understand why.

A matchup between Diaz and Condit promises pure action. Both fighters have a style that is among the most fan-friendly in mixed martial arts.

Diaz constantly comes forward and peppers opponents with hundreds of punches. Condit has knocked out three straight opponents and has more power in his striking than any other 170-pounder in the world.
    “I like to keep things exciting,” Condit said. “Every minute of the fight, I’m trying to finish my opponent. I think this is a great fight for the fans, because Nick does the same thing. He’s always looking to finish as well.”
    So **** that guy, talented though he may be. Don't tell me the fan, I'm going to see something you have no intention of approaching.

The "don't run" slap, is one of my new favorite moments in mma. Judges don't like him, fighters may not like him, but damn I do. I know he's not going to cruise through and waste my time.
    nsfw

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    I'm hoping for a carbon copy of the first fight, thus compounding the agitation of the fanboys.
    Seconded. **** this rematch. Condit won, and Diaz is enough of a spoiled child as it is without being granted immediate rematches to fights he lost due to his own inflexibility.

Edit: On second thought, now that the bile of the idiocy of this rematch has subsided a bit, this will actually be an extremely interesting fight. Will Diaz fight in a smarter way this time and be able to alter his tactics based on what Condit does? Will Condit dance and counterstrike his way to victory again?

That makes this rematch an appealing matchup, even if it's entirely unjustified.
    Last edited by Shawarma; 2/08/2012 1:15pm at .

game dog

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, I'm hoping for a Diaz win. Just because it would be so much more satisfying to see GSP wrestlerape Diaz than Condit.
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    This thread has actually made me evaluate why I'm attracted to combat sports.

Watching someone take punishment for its own sake doesn't interest me. I don't just want to see a fight. Yeah, I understand that this is entertainment, and we all want our thrills — but there has to be more to it than that.

This is a contest of skill. It's about who has the best game plan, the best skills in his arsenal, and the best execution. The ignorant like to characterize it as a human cockfight, but we all know better.

MMA is great because fighters have so many tools at their disposal. They have to adapt. It's been quite an evolution from the first UFC to what we have today.

What I saw on Saturday was a man who used lateral thinking to press an advantage — and another man who couldn't adapt. I eat that **** up. Understandably, others just want to see a fight, but there's more to MMA than just fighting.
    this is why i dont go to many fight events- im there to watch people put on a display of skill, most knuckledgraggers are there to see someone get messed up. meh. the people with that attitude on here are not ones that surprise me.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Nick is self proclaimedly broker than the Ten Commandments, doesn't have any kind of education, and lacks the people skills for the food service industry. He'll be fighting when he's older than Dan Severn.
    yeah, there's no way that he can take a black belt in BJJ, and a top level fighting career, and use that to run a successful gym. you're right, he's screwed cause he has no education or skills.

or just maybe that's one of the dumbest things i've ever seen you post.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't help but think that this fight has been one of the most important fights recently. Mark my words, this is going to be the bridge stone that fighters will use to game the rules and we're going to start seeing more sport than combat.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 4:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I can't help but think that this fight has been one of the most important fights recently. Mark my words, this is going to be the bridge stone that fighters will use to game the rules and we're going to start seeing more sport than combat.
    Maybe that's why they twisted Conduit's arm into a rematch, to nip that sort of thinking in the bud, or at least make it look less appealing.

Posted On:
    2/08/2012 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    yeah, there's no way that he can take a black belt in BJJ, and a top level fighting career, and use that to run a successful gym. you're right, he's screwed cause he has no education or skills.

or just maybe that's one of the dumbest things i've ever seen you post.
    Dunno - does Nick Diaz seem to you to be the type of person to be a successful businessman and high-level instructor in, well, anything?
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20212223 ... LastLast