Sponsored Links Spacer Image

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:44am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Exactly wrong, and your opinion is exactly what's wrong with the people I mentioned and the world of boxing.

Their job is to FIGHT and get paid. Win bonuses are just that: BONUSES. His job IS to entertain me because this is a spectacle, not a street fight or a blood match or some ****. Does anyone want to see an NFL team that scores a touchdown and then spikes the ball for 3 downs and kicks it deep for the rest of the game? No. Does anyone want to see a soccer team that scores one goal and then plays with 10 men behind the ball the rest of the game? No.

Sometimes these things happen, but if that's your game plan then go **** yourself because you're missing the entire point.
    Oh sorry - I forgot you are doing these people a huge honor by watching them...perhaps they should pay you for your profundities after each show.

They owe you **** all

Fact is for a "boring" fighter there is equally another fighter who was not skilled enought to close them down - and in this case bitching about the fact.

If you want all brawl go take in a "Toughman" show where they get about 20 bucks for milling at a fellow fat fucker in front of Rednecks and Frat boys

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 12:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just remembered something:

You know who is one of Diaz' best buddies?

Jake Shields.

Can't recall that Diaz or anybody from the Carlos Gracie camp complained when Shields leghumped opponents and audiences alike into a series of narcoleptic seizures.

So, if Shields' fighting style was valid then, why not Condit's, now?

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 12:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Oh sorry - I forgot you are doing these people a huge honor by watching them.
    Have you ever talked to a pro fighter? That's exactly what I'm doing. See they get to not sit at a desk and waste away their life for 14 dollars an hour, and I get the entertainment and spectacle of watching them sweat and bleed for me.

And you're damn fucking right I'm honored any time someone pays money, gas, and time to watch me lay my ass on the fucking line. The least I can do is ACTUALLY LAY IT THERE.

If you want all brawl go take in a "Toughman" show where they get about 20 bucks for milling at a fellow fat fucker in front of Rednecks and Frat boys
    Do you even know how dumb you sound? Do you even realize that what you've described is EXACTLY how prize fighting began?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 12:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Just remembered something:

You know who is one of Diaz' best buddies?

Jake Shields.

Can't recall that Diaz or anybody from the Carlos Gracie camp complained when Shields leghumped opponents and audiences alike into a series of narcoleptic seizures.

So, if Shields' fighting style was valid then, why not Condit's, now?
    It wasn't. Shields can go **** himself. The difference is the majority of people in Shields' camp don't employ lay n' pray.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Thanks Omega.

Anyway, everything I've found of his on the youtubes seems to be shiny pants rules. Which isn't to say he doesn't know what a leg kick looks like. Just that I want to see him deal with a better class of striker before I hop on the hype train.
    The WCL had some good strikers in I.E. Pat Barry.

Again I don't think in the striking department even in MMA he's going to be surprised by something he hasn't seen before.

The big test will be high level striking mixed in with high level wrestling and facing people who combine them.

Considering he's one of GSP training partners and GSP is the best in MMA at mixing the two I expect him to do well.

The really big question is how he performs fighting from his back. But having Calros Machado as your brother in law and being one of those tall lanky fuckers with gumby like limbs I expect to see him do well. Time will tell.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you ever talked to a pro fighter? That's exactly what I'm doing. See they get to not sit at a desk and waste away their life for 14 dollars an hour, and I get the entertainment and spectacle of watching them sweat and bleed for me.
    Yes, lots

And you're damn fucking right I'm honored any time someone pays money, gas, and time to watch me lay my ass on the fucking line. The least I can do is ACTUALLY LAY IT THERE.
    Clearly we have a different sense of proportion and entitlement

Do you even know how dumb you sound? Do you even realize that what you've described is EXACTLY how prize fighting began?
    *I* sound dumb? Your the one ranting like a Tapout shirt wearing dipshit with hardon for balls over brains

It STARTED like that possibly...but it didn't STAY like that for a good reason.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And now Nick plans to retire.
    Well, he does have all those marketable skills besides fighting...er, I meant to say, he's saved all that money he made....um....yeah he'll be back in a cage before Christmas.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think BJ's idea is solid.
    No judges, no decisions; any fight that goes the distance is a draw.
    Only a finished fight gets a "W".

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *I* sound dumb? Your the one ranting like a Tapout shirt wearing dipshit with hardon for balls over brains
    Balls and brains aren't' mutually exclusive. Anyone who says different is selling something.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Balls and brains aren't' mutually exclusive. Anyone who says different is selling something.
    I never said they were - although if you stay in front of someone to prove a point and lose you are lacking in one of the aforementioned departments

Look, I think this is as much about personal preference as anything else. I see Condit fighting a smart gameplan against a tough puncher and groundfighter - you see it differently clearly, but the fact remains Diaz was not good enough to close him down either. He is so used to people fighting his game he gets his panties in a twist when things don't go according to his perception of a "real fighter".