Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:41am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kenpo kickboxing which follows international kickboxing rules. (Really it is international kickboxing rule set).

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:45am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Omega.

Anyway, everything I've found of his on the youtubes seems to be shiny pants rules. Which isn't to say he doesn't know what a leg kick looks like. Just that I want to see him deal with a better class of striker before I hop on the hype train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:52am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's his PKA stuff.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Thanks Omega.

Anyway, everything I've found of his on the youtubes seems to be shiny pants rules. Which isn't to say he doesn't know what a leg kick looks like. Just that I want to see him deal with a better class of striker before I hop on the hype train.
    Whatever his response to a leg kick gameplan is, it's doubtful he's never seen them. Training at high level camps does nothing if not expose you to all kinds of ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gabetuno, you may have a point but....dangit I just enjoy watching Nick flail around the cage like an angry two year old. It's like GSP Koscheck II. Yes it would have been great if GSP went for the kill. But watching Koscheck get jabbed in the face never gets old. Similarly, it was fun to watch Nick mentally melt down as he tried to decipher a game plan that wasn't "I am a MAN! COME AND PUNCH WITH ME!"

Has anyone seen Cesar Gracie's interview about this fight? Apparently Nick comes by his crazy honestly.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a shame that over some pothead crying,
    the best scene of the evening gets overlooked.

Here, FYP:

Fabricio Werdum doing a textbook move from Sun Tsu's "The Art of War".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    If he had thrown a bunch of superman punches and cartwheel kicks, I'd be making the same point. Throwing an off-chance low-percentage strike doesn't translate into a finishing strategy.

Listen assholes, this isn't that hard. A matador has a job too, and it isn't to just get out of the way of the bull. In the end of that fight, someone goes down or he gets booed.

The Fightmetric stats show that it was his leg kicks that were the most landed weapon http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/...tatistics.html but he didn't even commit to THAT part of his gameplan enough to effect the fight until the last few minutes of the last round. The fact of the matter is Condit never had any intention of getting that fight over with before the 5th round. I DON'T mind elusiveness. But I had the same fucking problem when Silva pranced around like an asshole in front of Damien Maia and Thales Leites, too.
    I just have trouble squaring the contradictory criticisms that he was merely point scoring(not that i think theres anything intrinsically wrong with that)with the fact that he was utilising a fairly high risk technique like a flying knee(even if you dismiss it as an off chance low percentage one) .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like though Condit was moving backwards, he was pushing the pace. I also feel like everyone somehow immediately forgot that Nick Diaz has a solid chin and was on an 11-fight winning streak coming into this bout. Carlos stuck to the leg kicks and moving backwards in the early rounds, but in the 3rd you see him start to open up. Head kicks, flying knees, short elbows inside, and solid combinations to the face and body. He was absolutely trying to finish Nick Diaz. He would stick, land a few good shots, then get out of danger before Diaz could open up on him. Honestly the only thing I thought after this fight was "****, now what are they going to start making title fights 7-rounds? These guys are machines."

Hats off to Condit on the disciplined and technical application of his gameplan. And hats off to Diaz for constantly pushing forward. It was a good fight (IMO), however "just pushing forward" isn't enough to win a fight when you are eating head kicks, hooks to the body, teeps, and flying knees for the final 3 rounds, while being outlanded consistently for 4 of the 5 rounds, no matter how tough you are.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:35am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    NO fucking NO NO NO you ****.

it is a spectator sport. anyone who actually thinks they arent there to entertain is in the wrong fucking sport and needs to go do marathon running or some other boring ass ****. if you are a boring fighter you will get cut for exactly that reason.
    Bollocks

"Gallant loser" earns them **** all except internet kudos from smarks - it is their job to win fights END OF.

If they are boring butwinning they stay. The cut may be quicker if/when you finally lose, but name me one fighter in MMA history that was cut for being dull. As long as they are winning they stay

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 11:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Gabetuno, you may have a point but....dangit I just enjoy watching Nick flail around the cage like an angry two year old. It's like GSP Koscheck II. Yes it would have been great if GSP went for the kill. But watching Koscheck get jabbed in the face never gets old. Similarly, it was fun to watch Nick mentally melt down as he tried to decipher a game plan that wasn't "I am a MAN! COME AND PUNCH WITH ME!"

Has anyone seen Cesar Gracie's interview about this fight? Apparently Nick comes by his crazy honestly.
    I hate Koscheck with every bone in my soul, which is precisely why I'm pissed GSP didn't put a bigger hurting on him, especially when everybody (including GSP) knows he was capable of doing so.

As far as Nick's chin being granite, everyone who has ever been touted to have a rock-solid chin in MMA has at least been dropped, if not KO'd cold. Dan Henderson (by Fedor), Fedor (by Hendo), Bigfoot (by Cormier), Anderson Silva (by Chael), and even Nick Diaz (by Daley).

To be clear, I'm not saying it's easy to knock anyone on this list down or out, but at high-level champion-contention fights, as a fan I expect to see both fighters pushing each other to the limit of something other than cardio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast