Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 12:25am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can we all get along

I've been reading a lot of forums and...

"At the end of the day I saw I great fight. Going into the Decision I wasnt sure who won. If anyone thought it was a clear victory for either side had some bias going into it. Now I'm not saying you don't have a right to have an opinion to who won but if you think it was a clear robbery against Diaz or you think that Condit Schooled him then you came in with some prejudice

All I know is I would love to see I rematch before GSP is back. Both fighters learned something and I think the rematch will be even better.

This was not Garcia vs Nam Phan, Shogun vs Machida 1. This was a great close fight where someone eneded up on top and I wouldn't argue with either decision. This was Closer to Randleman vs Rutten and Big Nog vs Ricco Rodriguez"

No on one hand we have people that see Condit running and I understand that mentality you see this as a street fight and you aren't wrong but if we go to this side completely we need to get rid of rounds and decisions and go completely to finishes and then we can end up with Royce vs Shamrock 2 or Royce vs Sakuraba 1.

On the other side when you watch other combat sports we have seen the likes of Slappy Joe Calzaghe and Joe Williams in wrestling.

This bout is what rematches were made for!

Lets see the rematch since GSP is out a while longer.

Oh yeah I've been drinking so what, you wanna fight about it!

Also I'm watching Rocky2 great movie and great franchise sans the 5th one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushinkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I want to see attempts to finish. He never had any intention of ever trying to finish that fight, and that was the whole gameplan. I detest that kind of strategy.
    So where did Condit launching flying knee's at his opponents face fit into the strategy you so detested? .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 3:48am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clear enough, Condit won, so he deserved it, but people will be calling him a ***** for running away for a long time. They should do a rematch. I imagine it doesn't sit right for Condit either. He got the interim title in a heavily disputed match, if GSP doesn't come back, he'll inherit the title with little authority.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 5:34am

Style: Combatives, SAMBO,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, I am sick of reading everyones complaints about Condit "running" from Diaz. Condit took Diaz out of his element and executed his game plan masterfully. As was stated numerous times before, Condit is a technical fighter. I see no problem with him getting his hits in and resetting to the center of the ring. Why put your back against the cage and fight Diaz fight? Condit fought his fight and deserved the win in my opinion. People need to start looking at this fight more objectively than what you are. I wanted Diaz to win because I wanted to see GSP plaster him, but Condit came in and took him off his game. Get over it ;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 7:06am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 7:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Liar View Post
    So where did Condit launching flying knee's at his opponents face fit into the strategy you so detested? .
    If he had thrown a bunch of superman punches and cartwheel kicks, I'd be making the same point. Throwing an off-chance low-percentage strike doesn't translate into a finishing strategy.

Listen assholes, this isn't that hard. A matador has a job too, and it isn't to just get out of the way of the bull. In the end of that fight, someone goes down or he gets booed.

The Fightmetric stats show that it was his leg kicks that were the most landed weapon http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/...tatistics.html but he didn't even commit to THAT part of his gameplan enough to effect the fight until the last few minutes of the last round. The fact of the matter is Condit never had any intention of getting that fight over with before the 5th round. I DON'T mind elusiveness. But I had the same fucking problem when Silva pranced around like an asshole in front of Damien Maia and Thales Leites, too.

Does anyone here actually want to CONTEND that Condit was ever looking for the finish? I seem to be reading that everyone recognizes his strategy was to stay out of range, counter, and move away.

I think if Condit had won this decision over someone more fan-friendly than Diaz, everyone would be pretty rip-pissed as they were with Silva vs. Maia. This is more about a distaste for Nick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 8:04am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I see your point, and I do agree that finishing the fight was not Condit's highest priority, I don't think the comparison to Silva vs. Maia illustrates a distaste for Nick. In Silva vs. Maia, it was glaringly obvious that Silva could have finished Maia and instead just clowned him.

There were some moments in the fourth and the fifth round when it looked like Condit could have poured on the aggression and maybe dropped Nick, but for the most part Nick never really looked in danger, just ineffective. At the same time, Condit didn't look like he physically outclassed Nick or that he could finish it at any time; he just had a gameplan that Nick wasn't answering (and serious cardio). Honestly, I would prefer to have seen a finish--I would prefer that no fight makes it to the judges' scorecards. But if they do, my next best hope is that they are entertaining, high energy affairs with a lot of technical skill (or, alternatively two inhuman chins and a lot of blasting). It's why I enjoy watching the lighter weight classes fight despite the fact that they are statistically more likely to end in a decision than other classes.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 9:15am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    What style of kickboxing? Wikipedia doesn't specify. Stittgen landed 3 or 4 good ones that Thompson just stood there for, and he was pretty much a deer in headlights the entire rest of the time.
    Know Idea, there's a bunch of video on Youtube some old **** some from the WCL.

As far as a deer in the head light He stood there because they had no effect on him. See being kicked in the leg 3 or 4 times and still landed a head kick knock out.

He also has 5 MMA fights and has being sparring partners for GSP for years

There's the Muay Thai assumption that

a) no one has leg kicks but them
    b) The Muay thai leg check is the only way to defend against a leg kick
    c) the Muay Thai leg kick is so deadly that if it lands it is a fight changer.

BTW not saying they don't hurt like **** but if my light ass Karate has leg kicks in sparring his full contact stuff has way more so. I am sure his conditioning to take a kick in the leg is up there with any Muay Thai fighter.

The point being unless he's not going to be surprised or beaten by leg kicks.

Posted On:
    2/07/2012 10:36am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as a deer in the head light He stood there because they had no effect on him.
    No, I meant Stittgen was a deer in the headlights. Sorry, that was poorly worded.

The point being unless he's not going to be surprised or beaten by leg kicks.
    Speaking of which...what?
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast