Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 2:21am

Style: Bjj & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm predicting that Chael is going to get knock the **** out by bisping on the second round!!!

Sent from my LG-P990hN using Tapatalk

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 4:49am

Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see Bisping as offering any real defense against Sonnen. Not even standing.

I wonder about the Maia-Weidman fight.
    I used to love watching Maia, but ever since he had his head knocked in by Marquardt, he's just not the same fighter. Trying to kickbox and ****.
    Dude, you are a super-wizard on the ground, get the fight there and make national champions look like fools again (yes, I'm looking at you Chael).

So, I liked Weidman in his last fight, but I would love to see Damian go back to his old jujitsu days.
    Last edited by Gidi; 1/27/2012 4:50am at . Reason: fixing things

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 5:42am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    bisping on the other hand is a fucking stupid oversensitive yobbo. im sure he would be just as at home getting into a fight over a football game down the pub as stepping into the ring. i really dislike those sort of meat heads. i hope he loses by brutal fucking hiding.
    ^This. Hate those people too. Hope Sonnen takes him down and chokes him out.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    He's a good troll and a great fighter but he's also a right wing/borderline racist prick. I hope he gets his arse beat.

Interesting that Chael Sonnen should appear on only the second Fox ufc event. Very bold choice. Chael Sonnen sitting down with Fox is like Mrs. Butterworth sitting down with the Pancake Channel.
    If you think a guy who trains with a racial mix of badasses at Quest is a racist prick who thinks Jiu-Jitsu is bullshit because he slings insults during fight promo, then you probably should also know that The Ultimate Warrior really isn't from parts unknown, and The Undertaker is not in any way immortal.

He says things to piss people off to make them want to watch. If you look at the people he is friends with/trains with, you'd have to logically conclude that this is hype, nothing else.

Also worth noting: Mohammed Ali didn't actually think Joe Frazier sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 12:57pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    If you think a guy who trains with a racial mix of badasses at Quest is a racist prick who thinks Jiu-Jitsu is bullshit because he slings insults during fight promo, then you probably should also know that The Ultimate Warrior really isn't from parts unknown, and The Undertaker is not in any way immortal.

He says things to piss people off to make them want to watch. If you look at the people he is friends with/trains with, you'd have to logically conclude that this is hype, nothing else.

You're giving the guy too much credit.

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 2:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    You're giving the guy too much credit.
    Did you notice that he never said anything remotely controversial until he was in the UFC?
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

:)

Posted On:
    1/27/2012 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Yeah, but Chael's no Mohammed Ali. He's a 26-11 cheater, and admitted money launderer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chael_Sonnen
    Drug tests conducted at the time of his match with Anderson Silva showed that Sonnen had an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone (or T/E) ratio which fell outside the allowable range. Specifically, Sonnen’s urinalysis showed that his T/E ratio was 16.9:1. By comparison, an average man has a T/E ratio of 1:1, and testing bodies such as CSAC may allow for a variance as high as 4:1 for athletes—meaning Sonnen's T/E ratio was nearly 17 times that of a normal man and more than four times higher than the allowed maximum for an athlete. Sonnen was fined $2,500 and suspended for one year (until September 2, 2011) by CSAC.Sonnen's scheduled rematch with Silva was cancelled in light of the suspension
    Sonnen pled guilty to charges of money laundering in connection with mortgage fraud on January 3, 2011. The maximum sentence is 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine. but as a result of his plea and agreeing to cooperate with the investigation into a ring of mortgage fraud, Sonnen is expected to receive two years probation, a $10,000 fine, and the revocation of his realtor license. Sonnen, a licensed realtor in the State of Oregon, admitted that a financial transaction he conducted was designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud.

As the agent for a home sale, Sonnen told the title company to pay a plumbing company owned by Sonnen's mother for repairs, even though he knew that they would not be carried out. After the mortgage company agreed to the loan, the plumbing company was paid $69,000, and then the plumbing company, at Sonnen's direction, paid the home buyer $65,000.

Sonnen was fined $10,000 and sentenced to two years of probation.
    Not very admirable. His mma high point, was during his cheating, and he lost the fight anyway. What a tool.

EDIT: Credit where it's due, he's a good fighter. I'm not sold on him being a great one, though.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 1/27/2012 11:11pm at .

:)

Posted On:
    1/28/2012 12:41am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this interview with Sonnen and Bisping, I think I came out rooting for Bisping. Sonnen's to nasal and whiny to be properly entertaining. He's trying, bless his little heart, but the smack talk is hollow. Undefeated and undisputed? He says that at the end. Too much testosterone, not enough wins.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    1/28/2012 7:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (Got this from BE)

Two Pillowfists Collide with a Quiet Puff: Sonnen v. Bisping

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    1/28/2012 3:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Yeah, but Chael's no Mohammed Ali. He's a 26-11 cheater, and admitted money launderer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chael_Sonnen
    Not very admirable. His mma high point, was during his cheating, and he lost the fight anyway. What a tool.

EDIT: Credit where it's due, he's a good fighter. I'm not sold on him being a great one, though.
    I hate that he cheated, but as long as he's clearing SAC regulations I want to see him fight. As far as him being pillow-fisted, I doubt Anderson Silva would agree.

With regard to my comparison to Mohammed Ali, I wouldn't dare to put more than a handful of people on his fighting level. But the point of my comparison is fight promotion /= fighter opinion. Ali didn't hate Frazier (though I understand Joe took it all quite personally) and I don't think Chael thinks Brazilians try to feed buses. If you think he's serious, you're liable to buy into the WWF smack talk as well. That's my point.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast