Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The past UFC events in Australia have been solid so Brisbane would be sweet without a doubt. Wish I could go! lol

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 3:15pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once we have a date for it we should see if we can't get a Brissie TD happening the same day, followed by some beverages whilst catching the show.....
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 9:20pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds good. We should have a team go down to brissie anyway. A group of them are hitting sydney. a throwdown would be cool.

Do we have a venue?
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 2/09/2012 9:28pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    2/09/2012 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    That sounds good. We should have a team go down to brissie anyway. A group of them are hitting sydney. a throwdown would be cool.

Do we have a venue?
    Not really, only just thought of the idea this morning. it would depend on whether people wanted to go to the actual event (the BEC is not the best to get to on public transport so limits options) or happy to watch in a bar etc.

There's a new gym that opened up next to the train station in my area that might be open to the idea (for the exposure etc.) and they just have a $10 mat fee. But it might be a bit out of the way.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/11/2012 11:28am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    Not really, only just thought of the idea this morning. it would depend on whether people wanted to go to the actual event (the BEC is not the best to get to on public transport so limits options) or happy to watch in a bar etc.

There's a new gym that opened up next to the train station in my area that might be open to the idea (for the exposure etc.) and they just have a $10 mat fee. But it might be a bit out of the way.
    I facebooked Chris. I might be able to get the HAMMA arena.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 1:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that would be fucking brilliant!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    2/12/2012 3:16am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh hell yes, Brisbane TD before the UFC! Can count me in plus a 55kg thai boxer girl.

As long as we finish early enough for me to to get "JUST BLEED" written across my chest I'm down.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    2/27/2012 6:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a promotion for the Brissie UFC you can chat with George Sotiropoulos live today at 10am (Brisbane time):

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226282918287
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    3/01/2012 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Article in the Brisbane Times today regarding the ban on cage fighting in some Australian States.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...301-1u5uq.html

ULTIMATE Fighting Championship president Dana White has criticised state laws that are preventing mixed martial arts from becoming one of the dominant sports in Australia.
    Speaking before the UFC event in Sydney tomorrow night, White slammed the Victorian and Queensland governments' ban on mixed martial arts fights taking place in Melbourne and Brisbane.
    While both states allow professional fights within a ring, the UFC is prohibited from staging events due to the perceived danger of cage fighting.
    Advertisement: Story continues below
    However, White stressed the importance and safety of the octagon in his ongoing campaign to tap into Melbourne and Brisbane.
    ''It's an education process. From what I'm hearing, it's about the cage, and what's funny about that is that the cage is there for safety,'' he said yesterday. ''Because of the wrestling, the guys can do takedowns. Dozens and dozens of people have been injured fighting in rings. The cage is there for safety.''
    Australian fighters have joined in the backlash against the ban, supporting White's stance on the necessity of the cage for safety.
    ''I think the politicians down there need to open their eyes,'' Dubbo-born fighter Kyle Noke said.
    ''The cage is way more safer, it's a lot bigger area, more room for the opponents to move around in and avoid certain strikes. If you're fighting in a certain corner, you can fall through the ropes.
    ''I've had fights in the ring before, I never fell out personally but I have had an opponent fall out and thankfully he was lucky and didn't get hurt.''
    Melbourne's loss is becoming Sydney's gain, according to the UFC.
    The profitable Australian market is receiving increasing attention from the governing body, which expects a crowd of more than 15,000 for the Thiago Alves-Martin Kampmann fight at Olympic Park tomorrow night. Of that number, half will have flown in from either Victoria or Queensland.
    The rise in the popularity of mixed martial arts in Australia has the UFC aiming to establish it as the dominant participation sport in the nation. White hopes that the potential to earn millions of dollars will attract athletes from other sports.
    ''We're going to find tons [of new Australian fighters], the key to this is how big and how popular it is, and more importantly how much money you can make.'' he said.
    ''The fact that we have a lot more money involved now, I think you're going to see a lot of athletes that were going to play rugby or Australian rules now becoming mixed martial artists.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...#ixzz1nucq4Ce0
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    3/02/2012 10:38pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That'd be awesome.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast