Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:48pm

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any bullies here who live nearby to show those fuckers that soccer kicks are just not cool?

*Did not write a comment on the last UFC fight which would've been inappropriate*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Drastic consequences? I want them in a room all by their selves.
    I want others to be with them whenever they are outside, showing them what they think about this bullshit.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I see a female pelvis.
    That is strange, because I see Galactus.

And a couple of Asian kids screaming as I, wearing Errol Flynn's 1938 Robin Hood costume, follow them through dark alleys, holding a tazer and a baseball bat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:53pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Tamale View Post
    That is strange, because I see Galactus.

And a couple of Asian kids screaming as I, wearing Errol Flynn's 1938 Robin Hood costume, follow them through dark alleys, holding a tazer and a baseball bat.
    Sounds like a plan... wait, why would they be Asian?

EDIT: Well, looking at the video again and the names posted cleared that up for me.

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    Judoka: When I was living in the US, things like this (names and addresses included) were in the local newspaper. I got the explanation that from the moment they break the law, their personal info is Public Domain.
    The UK press publish the details of people the deem to be criminals as well. The most recent and high profile example being Christopher Jeffries who the tabloid decided was guility of the murder of Joanne Yates. They libelled him, an innocent man, so spectacularly he won enormous damages from the tabloids because he was totally and utterly innocent.

Vincent Tabak was the murderer and yet the tabloids accused Jeffries of being a pervert, paedophile and basically every kind of deviant under the sun. The invented a history of sexual abuse of pupils, he was a teacher, and they contrived to invent a whole history of him as a predatory sexual menace.

So I don't trust the press when the malign someone's character unless there is incontrovertible proof and no one should accept random internet trolls declaring someone to be evil and posting their details. That's disgusting, because those people who post details have no accountability or standards.

And if the national press of a 1st world country like Britain can fail so spectacularly a basement dweller posting on 4chan is going to be much worse.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I was not saying it was good but I just meant I saw it happen in the US. We don't have that in Germany.

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prone View Post
    No, I was not saying it was good but I just meant I saw it happen in the US. We don't have that in Germany.
    Didn't think you were condoning it, just contextualizing why I don't think its ever justified.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't know that this was the case in the UK as well. Need to talk about that with my friends in the UK :)

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am, in fact, condoning it.

Especially with kids.

If this video hadn't been leaked, supposedly because they wanted to brag, what would have happened to them? Nothing. And without the incoming public harassment, they could have hidden this bestiality without making it a big deal.

Sorry, the kid that kicks somebody in the face twenty times because it thinks it's cool to explore violence, such a kid deserves worse than prison.

Oh, and let alone the parents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 4:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    However, posting names, addresses and contact details of innocent people is dirty and low.
    You are correct on the possibility of abuse and mistakes in the publication of personal details. But a part of me thinks it is also justice. Not legally, I mean socially. If you are going to do something like this and record it with your iPhone...well, he who lives by the social media dies by the social media.

New technology may have increased the velocity of information, but shunning and shaming are ages old techniques for society to police its own. It isn't perfect by any stretch, but there is some symmetry to it.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast