Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 12:31am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greese feel free to stop in if you are ever in town.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 12:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very political answer.
    But, if someone were serious about competeing at an adult level there is a very strong stigma attatched to that school.
    Did you ever give those questions/comments/rants to your coach?
    BTW- Does he have a problem with the term sensei?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 12:35am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.judochampions.com./bowing.htm

This page weirds me out. it's like they want to be able to play judo whilst being paranoid about Japanese culture.

It's also filled with bullshit.

Today, people all over Japan express thanks for the American conquest of Japan, because it broke the "stranglehold of the Shinto faith."
    Which is why if you go on a nature trail in Japan you see happy families of tourists clapping their hands in prayer at small shinto shrines that dot the trails and donating their spare change.

They also imply that Shinto is the worship of inanimate objects, which is a hamfisted misinterpretation of shinto.

Jews have faced execution rather than submit to forced bowing to inanimate objects.
    Shinto is basically animism. Essentially, you're not bowing to inanimate objects, but rather to nature spirits.

This is actually very different from bowing to a picture of Jigoro Kano, since Kano isn't a nature spirit. That's actually just traditional Japanese ancestor reverence. That's associated more with Buddhism. In most Japanese homes there is a little Buddhist shrine where family members may ring a little bell and give little offerings to their ancestor spirits. Usually there's Buddhist religious items in these shrines.

So, frankly, the people on at judochampions.com don't know what the hell they're talking about. They are completely wrong and have seriously misinterpreted Japanese culture.

I wouldn't go there. It sounds like they're a bunch of religious fundamentalists with weird world views.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 4/19/2004 12:41am at .
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Fancy a milkshake?

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 12:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Pussyhole"

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 3:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by greese1
    Very political answer.
    But, if someone were serious about competeing at an adult level there is a very strong stigma attatched to that school.
    Did you ever give those questions/comments/rants to your coach?
    BTW- Does he have a problem with the term sensei?
    I did show him, and he going to make a account and respound to Questions comments and conserns once he gets his computer fixed up. He told me what he wanted to say over the phone but was really lethay and i didnt get names etc so i would have alot of trouble doing it by word of mouth.

But the training there is awsome, and if you met the coach you would think he is cool down to earth guy.

I compete at a adult lvl and have had very little problems with anyone out side of a few refs.
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 3:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
    http://www.judochampions.com./bowing.htm

This page weirds me out. it's like they want to be able to play judo whilst being paranoid about Japanese culture.

It's also filled with bullshit.

Which is why if you go on a nature trail in Japan you see happy families of tourists clapping their hands in prayer at small shinto shrines that dot the trails and donating their spare change.

They also imply that Shinto is the worship of inanimate objects, which is a hamfisted misinterpretation of shinto.

Shinto is basically animism. Essentially, you're not bowing to inanimate objects, but rather to nature spirits.

This is actually very different from bowing to a picture of Jigoro Kano, since Kano isn't a nature spirit. That's actually just traditional Japanese ancestor reverence. That's associated more with Buddhism. In most Japanese homes there is a little Buddhist shrine where family members may ring a little bell and give little offerings to their ancestor spirits. Usually there's Buddhist religious items in these shrines.

So, frankly, the people on at judochampions.com don't know what the hell they're talking about. They are completely wrong and have seriously misinterpreted Japanese culture.

I wouldn't go there. It sounds like they're a bunch of religious fundamentalists with weird world views.
    On the other hand we dont do anything relegous or anything its just like a wrestling practice(*if you have been to one*)
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:05pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There should also be a way for school/club owners (such as myself) to submit our schools to be reviewed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:30pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New York City Judo Schools worth training with

Kokushi Budo Institute, Manhattan
    Instructor: Noboyoshi Higashi 8th Dan
    http://www.kokushibudo.com/index.shtml

Oishi Judo Club, Manhattan
    Instructor: Shiro Oishi 7th Dan
    http://www.oishi-judo.com

Japan Judo & Karate, Brooklyn
    Instructor: Kiyoshi Shiina 8th Dan
    http://japan-judo-karate.net

Might as well add something of value to needless necromancy
    Last edited by Fitz; 2/14/2007 6:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 5:57pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ggboxer
    what gives any idiot on here the authority to say such-and-such a style is bullshit, or "won't work" whatever that means.
    The fact that we're all better than you, for starters.
    Also, the fact that we don't talk with cocks in our mouths helps.
    Now put down that cock and try again.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    2/14/2007 6:03pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The responses this guy has gotten are much nicer than I'd expected. I expected much more malice.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123