Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2004 2:02pm

Style: Internal/extern

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is an excellent MMA gym. IMO anyways, that's why I train there. Member of Canadian Muay Thai association

http://www.pridegym.ca

And this guy has the real internal skill. When it comes to IMA in CAnada this guy is the goods, for real. He might be hard to find, he's probably either now in Kingston Ontario or in China.

http://members.shaw.ca/wuti/tuttle.html

No bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2004 8:23pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about this. Instead of setting up a recommended schools list. We set up a "Bulldojo dojo" list, where schools that teach genuine bullshido are listed. In order to post to the list, you must send it to the moderator, along with the reason (and I mean an actual valid argument) as to why/how it teaches bullshido. Any challenges to the claim (maybe because it's YOUR dojo), will be done on the message boards. Once again, only valid, well thought out arguments, with evidence and/or the use of reason.

Since I'm the only person who will be able to challenge a claim, we should see no challenges.
    Last edited by Black 6; 4/11/2004 9:44pm at .

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    4/12/2004 3:02am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Black 6
    How about this. Instead of setting up a recommended schools list. We set up a "Bulldojo dojo" list, where schools that teach genuine bullshido are listed. In order to post to the list, you must send it to the moderator, along with the reason (and I mean an actual valid argument) as to why/how it teaches bullshido. Any challenges to the claim (maybe because it's YOUR dojo), will be done on the message boards. Once again, only valid, well thought out arguments, with evidence and/or the use of reason.

Since I'm the only person who will be able to challenge a claim, we should see no challenges.
    Do you realize how much longer the Bullshido list would be than the "Good" list?

lord of the glen

Posted On:
    4/12/2004 3:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well as for canberra australia:

There are a few kung fu places here, including about 5 wing chun ones, as long as you dont expect MMA this is a good school.

Canberra Wing Chun Academy,
    Unit 3, 10 Dundas Court, Phillip
    phone: 62924777

These guys offer BJJ, MT, Krav Maga, Kickboxing and possibly some more i cant remember, i have only experienced the BJJ class, which was nothing special but adequate, and probably the only one in canberra.

Determination Fitness Centre
    45 Liardet St Weston
    phone: (02) 6287 3707
    CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    4/12/2004 12:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin Athletics
    New York affiliate of the StraightBlastGym International

Christian Montes, Coach

Mixed Martial Arts curriculum
    Boxing/Muay Thai/Wrestling/BJJ

located at the Fighthouse in NY, NY

www.roninathletics.com

I'm recommending this place because it's the place I train. I don't think you should recommend a place you wouldn't go to yourself or have first hand knowledge about. I like it here, everyone's really cool, and it's probably one of the least expensive places in the city for the amount of information you get.

Just to let everyone know Christian's affliated with SBG and Matt Thornton and follows that training methodology. Some may like that, some may not. I just thought I'd point it out.

Oh, and I think Christian had a match once with J-Lau (Lauzon). J-Lau got the decision but it was a good fight. (Just pointing out that Christian walks it like he talks it)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 6:28pm

Style: On the injured list....

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.moderncombatives.com

John Frankl
    www.norcalbjj.com

one of the best conditioning sites for my training
    www.crossfit.com

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 6:44pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont think mo smith has a school anymore Gajus?

MA GYMs IN WASHINGTON STATE

he is usally up at AMC...
    anyhow to add to your list of places to train.

Renton
    Us judo training center
    www.judochampions.com -Untradional Judo with wrestling

Right next door to Us judo training center is
    Credit boxing *(good boxing gym)* you can attend both real easy

www.pankration.com (Kirkland) awsome instruction , lots of pro fighters they have kickboxing mtkickboxing submission wrestling. And if you make it up the ranks they help you get ready for MMA fights.

www.Nwjjc.com great BJJ school with reasonable prices in seattle, fun place nice instructer.

Touros wrestling team, Its at a high school sort of near seatac, gonna have to PM me for further info.

Visionquest sports/fitness club located in supermall *they have wrestling classes and some sort of boxing class(i think) they may soon be having submission wrestling classes etc. Its also a sports fitness gym located in the supermall.
    Last edited by J-kid; 4/18/2004 6:51pm at .
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to be laughed out of and mocked by every other Judoka on the planet, train at www.judochampions.com.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2004 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by strats36
    Here's a good resource for finding schools:

http://mma.tv/schools/
    Good resource but be carefull. THe biggest mcdojo in my area was listed on there.

Posted On:
    4/19/2004 12:29am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by greese1
    If you want to be laughed out of and mocked by every other Judoka on the planet, train at www.judochampions.com.
    although some might disagree with the politacl views of the school dosnt make it a bad school.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast