Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 8:09pm

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posting on mate's behalf

Hey everyone,
    I promised to help my buddy out since he doesn't have a bullshido account (yes, I will be trying to persuade him to get one) and yet still wants advice on how to improve on his first fight. Please watch and rate

He is the one in the blue shorts. He has been training at a local MMA school in Northern Sydney. He has been training for the last three years before this fight. He is now an assistant instructor there.

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 8:23pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, first off, raising the arms after every knockdown in the first is kind of a douche move.

Anyway, I saw a LOT of right hand leads, and barely any work off the front hand. His hands weren't as effective as they could have been. Also, that head kick's not bad, but he just tosses it out there with no setup.

Definitely needs to work on control in the clinch a lot more. I saw him bend over at the waist around 3:45 to escape, which is a major league no-no.

In general, he lets the other guy go first a lot and had to play the reaction game, which didn't work out so great a few times.

All that said, it was still a pretty nice job, especially for a first fight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 8:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first of all, your friend is a fucking douche for his glovetouch into kick combo at the start of round 2. the last guy who did that to me went home with a broken foot and a fucking hiding. tell him not to be that guy who does that kind of ****. i know being australian makes it hard to be a good sport, but still.

TBH as far as first fights go its pretty standard. everything looks ugly and slow from the huge adrenalin dump. everything is stif from being so tense, etc etc. these things go with time. his cardio was good and thats the most important thing at that level. i would say the one thing he should work on is trying not to back up so much. it doesnt look good to a lot of judges if you spend the fight going backwards.

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 8:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you now spamming on JitsMag's behalf?

JitsMag jnp 1/09/2012 5:46pm 7 Days 1/16/2012 5:00pm, 4 Day, 2 Hours 7 day time out
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/banned.php?do=temp

edit:
    VT-1 Gym Muay Thai Fundamentals -Coaches Dylan Rhino and Ben G
    (my bold)

The VT-1 Gym Muay Thai Fundamentals Online Facebook page is a place where students and coaches can connect outside the gym, discuss all things Muay Thai!

Welcome to Coach Dylan and Ben online home for our Muay Thai fundamentals squad.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/VT-1-...056500?sk=info
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 1/12/2012 8:51pm at . Reason: added content

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 12:18am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nupe, I have no idea who this JitsMag guy is. I actually know Ben through his older brother Max since the latter helped me out at Sydney uni quite a bit before he graduated...

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 11:03am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing personal but I would expect better out of somebody who's been training for 3 years.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    first of all, your friend is a fucking douche for his glovetouch into kick combo at the start of round 2. the last guy who did that to me went home with a broken foot and a fucking hiding. tell him not to be that guy who does that kind of ****. i know being australian makes it hard to be a good sport, but still.
    Pretty much what I was going to say. Tell him to cut that **** out.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Posted On:
    1/14/2012 8:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 years? I missed that part the first time. Color me considerably less impressed...especially with his clinching.