Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 12:39pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    I'm laughing right now at Omega for not watching this. That was one of the best UFC events I can think of in recent history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror Tamale View Post
    Suprisingly entertaining card, indeed.
    You'll probably be sorry that you missed it, Omega!

Aldo still got it! Love the kid!
    Um....Yeah, you missed the comment where most these fights will be on later. Unlike most of you assholes I actually pay to watch the fights. None of these fight mean anything to me. Because of that I don't need to see any live. After reading some of the results I don't think I've missed anything I couldn't wait to see later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 2:48pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    That DQ was such BS, but I didn't like how Joe Rogan openly criticised the decision in front of Yamasaki. It was disrespectful and has no place in MMA.
    i have mixed feelings about this. but truthfully they're a mix of mostly positive ones.

i like that Joe wasn't afraid to call BS in front of everyone. i wonder what his motivations were. i don't think he was disrespectful, but he was indeed blunt. is there anything wrong with that?

i might have to rewatch, but i think i recall him saying things like "the call was made, you had to do it in a split second, but i don't think it was the right call. how are you feeling about this?" when speaking to Yamasaki. he definitely put him on the spot, but he's also making him responsible, in front of the entire audience, for the decision he had just made. it wasn't the UFC who fucked up, it wasn't the fighter, and it wasn't a shitty judge consensus. it was Mario who DQ'd Silva.

refs are assigned by the commission, right? i wonder, if given the atmosphere in recent times of people being against some of the decisions that are made, and perhaps somehow blaming the UFC for it, Joe has been told to speak his mind when it comes to disagreeing with matters governed by the athletic commissions and not the UFC.

ie. would you also think it's wrong if Joe blasted Cecil Peoples for shitty judgework?

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 2:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ippwned View Post
    That DQ was such BS, but I didn't like how Joe Rogan openly criticised the decision in front of Yamasaki. It was disrespectful and has no place in MMA.
    As I was watching it live, I though 'He's hitting the back of the head quite a bit'. I didn't think DQ though.

They really need to tighten up this 'back of the head' rule situation, because at the moment its so vague and wide open you can have really weird results like that crop up and everyone calls BS on the rules.

I also didn't like Rogan openly abusing the refs, but then again, that's what he's paid to do, be the colour commentator.

If I was Yamasaki I wouldn't have kept wandering around the cage in and out of shot, though. I'd have left and gone backstage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 3:47pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    refs are assigned by the commission, right? i wonder, if given the atmosphere in recent times of people being against some of the decisions that are made, and perhaps somehow blaming the UFC for it, Joe has been told to speak his mind when it comes to disagreeing with matters governed by the athletic commissions and not the UFC.

ie. would you also think it's wrong if Joe blasted Cecil Peoples for shitty judgework?
    Refs are assigned by the commission, but when outside of the US, the UFC does the assigning and compensation. They tend to use the same refs that get assigned by the athletic commissions, though.

I imagine if the judges were standing around in the octagon during the post fight interview, Rogan might call them out to explain a robbery. Whether he was told to do that or not, I think he'd have done it anyway because he's an outspoken guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 4:05pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some poeple are quuiiite unhappy with this.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/15...erick-silva-dq

and look:

Silva is considered one of the best young fighters at welterweight and a DQ loss won't kill his potential. Word out of Rio is that the UFC gave Erick Silva his win bonus as a sign of "we thought you won too" which is a nice consolation. Hopefully this fight will be addressed more in the upcoming days.

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's on tonight on ESPN UK between Midnight and 3AM. As I haven't seen it...and need to get up for work tomorrow, there's a good chance I'm going to have to miss it tonight.

Hmm, I may need to get one of those TIVO box thingys...

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 6:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Hmm, I may need to get one of those TIVO box thingys...
    I got an MMA tracker hook up, from a mate, that's what I use. Too much effort signing up to whatever TV station is showing it this month and then on top of that paying for the PPV.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 7:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2012 10:45pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to beat the crap out of the first person who comes into my gym and calls that kick a "Wheel kick". I'm serious. I've been doing this kick for decades and we don't call it a wheel kick. **** all of you before you start trolling me.

Oh, and for all you fags always yelling "keep your hands up"....fat lot of good it did there didn't it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2012 12:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's pretty clear he didn't keep his hands up. He lowered them to block what he thought would be a body kick.

He chose ....poorly
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast