Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:40am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    JNP this is the one I was thinking of. however it was a dumb question on my part Jason always states in the begining of his videos that everything he shows he uses and hits frequently.....so obviously if he doesnt use it he doesnt put it in.
    I do actually use that, but was something I learned myself from someone not to long ago (about 3 or 4 months or so) so I haven't used it enough to have confidence in it. Once I start hitting it on a consistent bases then I'll add it into my vids :-). I usually do the best I can to talk about things that I feel will work more often then not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:51am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After subscribing to your channel I watched a lot of your videos before today's training (mainly rolling, in the morning, a lot of competition BJJers there) and I must say: Thank you for your videos, especially the one with Closed Guard Combinations. I watched that video shortly before class and while I was riding the train to the Dojo kept remembering some of the sequences and it really helped me today. So it's true that you can learn a little bit from watching and memorizing. I kept calm - inspired by the flow of your videos - and landed most of the Kimuras and triangles the way I wanted them to be.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JNP this is the one I was thinking of. however it was a dumb question on my part Jason always states in the begining of his videos that everything he shows he uses and hits frequently.....so obviously if he doesnt use it he doesnt put it in.
    That's a much stronger choke from the mount than it is from side control or half guard. It's relevant to the old "position before submission" mantra. So, the strength of the position you're in when you apply the choke also dictates it's percentage of success.

I doubt you could pull of that choke on a skilled grappler from half-guard. From mount, hell yes.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is missing a detail (like most of his vids) that makes the choke tighter, I will try to find a better video on this.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 9:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @jasculs...I love your videos. Thank you and keep them coming.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2012 8:07am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That's a much stronger choke from the mount than it is from side control or half guard. It's relevant to the old "position before submission" mantra. So, the strength of the position you're in when you apply the choke also dictates it's percentage of success.

I doubt you could pull of that choke on a skilled grappler from half-guard. From mount, hell yes.
    I dont think I'd ever try this from half guard like I would a regular Gi-ezekiel choke.....Heck I don't think I've ever even CONSIDERED trying this choke from halfguard. LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12