Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Lot of No Gi Choke Variations in Just 8 Min - Jason Scully

Hey Everyone

New video on some no-gi chokes with variations and ideas.

In this video you will see many different no-gi choke options, and variations within those options as well. Chokes are submissions where the strength of your opponent plays even less of a factor because starts to become much harder for them and most of the time not possible for them to muscle out of a choke when you start to set in with it.

If you have questions please ask, as I know some of the chokes may be hard to see what is happening.

Hope you enjoy

Jason Scully

P.S. I also recorded A LOT of gi chokes the same day as well. I was going to make it all one video but then realized how long it will be hahaha…if you would like the video sent to you TODAY on the gi chokes send me a messages letting me know. If so, then I will send the video out later today to those who are part of the the list at www.grapplersguide.com. The reason for this is because I don't usually like to blast these reference videos back to back. So I will send it out to the list first and then probably post it publicly a week or a few days later (maybe).

P.P.S. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you haven't, it really helps me stay motivated to do these video and other videos as well if I know that I can see that people enjoy getting them. Thank you!

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 10:46am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just subscribed. You do some good videos. We were training your guard combinations today. Thanks for that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:23am

Style: BJJ / Kyokushinkai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also subscribed (don't know why I didn't do it before, your last videos were great as well). Some of the chokes I've done but the variety is great, thank you very much. Can't wait for the Gi choke video b/c I do mostly Gi work :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed with some guillotines you keep your fingers pointed out on the choking arm, I'm guessing you are doing this for illustration purposes only. Good vid overall as my chokes need work. Also no fist choke (no gi eziekel) shown, What is your opinion on this one? Looking forward to your Gi chokes vid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:45pm

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking the same thing about the fist choke. Just curious as to why you didnt include it. But as always great video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 10:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh80 View Post
    I noticed with some guillotines you keep your fingers pointed out on the choking arm, I'm guessing you are doing this for illustration purposes only. Good vid overall as my chokes need work. Also no fist choke (no gi eziekel) shown, What is your opinion on this one? Looking forward to your Gi chokes vid.
    Yes for the most part it is for illustration purposes, easier to see my hand positioning however, for the shallow guillotine I do attack a lot with my hand open has I usually catch under the chin and it makes the choke much tighter, I have a technique that I use with my hands that actually makes it pretty hard for my opponent to grab my hand and keep it. For the other guillotines such as the Marcelotine, I keep my hand closed.

As for the ezekiel, I don't have it because I don't honesty find it to be a very high percentage submission no-gi. I use it but mainly to illicit a reaction from my opponent. There are also many fist chokes so I'm not sure which one you are referencing. I know one from the guillotine that I learned not to long ago but I am not as confident with it and it is something that many people don't know and I mentioned I wouldn't show it.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:12pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasculs View Post
    As for the ezekiel, I don't have it because I don't honesty find it to be a very high percentage submission no-gi. I use it but mainly to illicit a reaction from my opponent. There are also many fist chokes so I'm not sure which one you are referencing. I know one from the guillotine that I learned not to long ago but I am not as confident with it and it is something that many people don't know and I mentioned I wouldn't show it.
    Assuming I'm on the same page, I always think of fist chokes as "Thrust chokes" because they require you to thrust your fist into your opponent's throat. I agree with Jason when he says that these tend to be lower percentage submissions on skilled grapplers. That has been my experience as well.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes for the most part it is for illustration purposes, easier to see my hand positioning however, for the shallow guillotine I do attack a lot with my hand open has I usually catch under the chin and it makes the choke much tighter, I have a technique that I use with my hands that actually makes it pretty hard for my opponent to grab my hand and keep it. For the other guillotines such as the Marcelotine, I keep my hand closed.
    I am guessing that you are you talking about something other than the 5 and 10 finger guillotines where you are using the tops of your thumbs.

I am referring to the no gi ezekiels. I have seen two variations; one where you drive you fist downwards into the front of the throat and the other one you drive the fist to the artery on the side. I have not got this on anyone over a blue belt, but I have basically found it a good way to open up an arm or set up the cross collar choke with the gi and is one of the first things I try when in low mount. Thanks for commenting.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 2:01am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Assuming I'm on the same page, I always think of fist chokes as "Thrust chokes" because they require you to thrust your fist into your opponent's throat. I agree with Jason when he says that these tend to be lower percentage submissions on skilled grapplers. That has been my experience as well.
    Agreed, and I as well use this as a setup. From Mount for example. I use that nogi ezquiel position to control their head and get them to try to defend their neck. While I crawl higher in mount coming under their elbows.

I'm also a big believer in the n/s choke, way to include it!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:12am

Style: Bjj, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    JNP this is the one I was thinking of. however it was a dumb question on my part Jason always states in the begining of his videos that everything he shows he uses and hits frequently.....so obviously if he doesnt use it he doesnt put it in.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast