Page 9 of 15 First ... 5678910111213 ... Last
  1. #81

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,464
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what we've discovered so far is that Coach Wil has a felony on his record involving lack of payment for child support. Not sure if that's relevant to our investigations except to show a lack of integrity. This coupled by a lack of skill in coaching, teaching, ability to properly give the history of the art he's teaching.

    Anybody want to get a hold of his coach?
    I also found something interesting about the tournaments he's been attending.

    How much of this is truly relevant?

    Opinions please.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    196
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an outsider looking in...and an instigator...please post more about the tournaments.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I recall from past investigations at this point in time all information is relevant. Anything dirty is worth posting. Omega has anyone got contact information for Wil's coach? When I tried to find information the only source I found was Coach Wil.

  4. #84
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that is not the case. Investigations have been narrowed until some things can be confirmed. At this point I say post what you found. I know I've been looking at the tournaments and something seems off.

    Goes back to the claim of who and what org runs SOmbo.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/10/2012 7:50pm at .

  5. #85
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    7,202
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    So what we've discovered so far is that Coach Wil has a felony on his record involving lack of payment for child support. Not sure if that's relevant to our investigations except to show a lack of integrity. This coupled by a lack of skill in coaching, teaching, ability to properly give the history of the art he's teaching.

    Anybody want to get a hold of his coach?
    I also found something interesting about the tournaments he's been attending.

    How much of this is truly relevant?

    Opinions please.
    I'd say mentioning anything about a criminal history in this context is improper and over the limit, in fact, a violation of the guy's privacy.

    Plus, you do not know the circumstances of his failure to pay child support, so the question of his integrity regarding that charge/conviction is speculation on your part. Unless you have run a detailed criminal history with the disposition of the charges (which you can't get online as far as I know.

    I run full criminal histories (NCIC and state)as part of my job, and it's a crime for me to disclose ANY of that information publicly, period.

    So I say go all out on the guys MA history and claims, but leave the personal stuff out.

    Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

  6. #86
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with Ben that failure to pay child support is not necessarily indicative of a poor character. There's a myriad of economic, legal and personal issues that could be behind it.

    A drink driving conviction or sex offence would be relevant, but missed payment of child support is, in my book, like a missed credit card payment. Not fantastic for your credit record, but not indicative of a moral failure.

    Stick to the absence of Sambo contest achievements and utter lack of skill in the videos. That alone should be enough rope to hang with.

  7. #87
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'd say mentioning anything about a criminal history in this context is improper and over the limit, in fact, a violation of the guy's privacy.

    Plus, you do not know the circumstances of his failure to pay child support, so the question of his integrity regarding that charge/conviction is speculation on your part. Unless you have run a detailed criminal history with the disposition of the charges (which you can't get online as far as I know.

    I run full criminal histories (NCIC and state)as part of my job, and it's a crime for me to disclose ANY of that information publicly, period.

    So I say go all out on the guys MA history and claims, but leave the personal stuff out.

    Ben
    He posted it out there, on two different webforums, while trying to drum up business for his gym. Nope it isn't a violation if you put it out there yourself. It has been held back since the thread started.

    It pops up when you google his name.

  8. #88
    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours. Join us... or die
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    7,202
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He posted it out there, on two different webforums, while trying to drum up business for his gym. Nope it isn't a violation if you put it out there yourself. It has been held back since the thread started.

    It pops up when you google his name.
    He posted felony charges/conviction for failure to pay child support on two different web forums?

    If you are going to post stuff like that, at least document it when the comment is made.

    Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980

  9. #89

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,464
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gentleman, on a personal note, I refrain from doing anything in which it could turn into wild speculative accusations. Coach Wil works with children who are, for lack of a better term, special needs. Could this child support thing be relevant? My opinion is yes, but I need more details. If it's just a case of hard luck then I say let it go. That is my opinion. I do agree that if it's nothing more than that then we need to keep it out. So I'm on the fence right now until we know for sure.

  10. #90
    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld supporting member
    Tom Kagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,601
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'd say mentioning anything about a criminal history in this context is improper and over the limit, in fact, a violation of the guy's privacy.

    Plus, you do not know the circumstances of his failure to pay child support, so the question of his integrity regarding that charge/conviction is speculation on your part. Unless you have run a detailed criminal history with the disposition of the charges (which you can't get online as far as I know.

    I run full criminal histories (NCIC and state)as part of my job, and it's a crime for me to disclose ANY of that information publicly, period.

    So I say go all out on the guys MA history and claims, but leave the personal stuff out.

    Ben
    With very, very few exceptions, court transcripts and a record of convictions or acquittals in criminal cases are a matter of public record. Regardless of how easy or difficult any given court makes it to obtain such records, it is definitely not a violation of a person's privacy to obtain and share the information.


    In a martial bubble, failure to pay child support would be irrelevant. However, if a person is trying to take the moral high ground regarding the relationship of martial arts to the world outside its bubble, I believe whether a person still is or is not a deadbeat dad does become relevant to the discussion.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 1/10/2012 9:07pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Page 9 of 15 First ... 5678910111213 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO