Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 3:45pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    They are all in .pdf files under wrestling. Some years Sombo is separate, other years it is just wrestling results. Since it is under wrestling, I'll go back through and post just the ones that have a Sombo Event later.

No because he said sometime before and not all people get their license immediately when they turn sixteen.
    I was going off the 1st line in Matt's post

He told me it was before he received his driver's license, which he received sometime in his 16th year

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 3:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    I was going off the 1st line in Matt's post
    Yes, I was as well.
    He was sixteen in '88.
    He was training Sombo in '88.
    He received his license sometime in '88.
    He claims to have earned his medal sometime in'88 before he received his drivers license.

He told me it was before he received his driver's license, which he received sometime in his 16th year
    So, no, it doesn't rule out Sombo.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 4:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    His bio states he started training in Sombo in Summer 1988, if he started training in '88 but got the medal before he got is drivers license (also '88) it rules Sombo out as the event he got the medal in doesn't it?
    When I floated the 1987 AAU JR Olympic games as a possibility, he said it was possible. I'm taking 1988 as more of a +/- thing. In the interest of setting aside any confusion, I don't think I'm doing any harm by pointing out that he was born in June of 1972. It's on his facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by IIF
    He claims to have received his medal sometime in'88 before he could legally drive.
    Or simply before he passed the test. He might have waited a bit, or had to take the test more than once. He didn't say it explicitly, but my understanding was that he couldn't drive himself there, and remembered as much. Something on the order of "we had to drive to the north east to compete. It was before I got my license."

Also, let's be clear: he's not explicitly claiming 1988 was the year; it's strongly implied by his bio, but for all we know he started with Sambo Joe in 1987 (or 1989) and just isn't great about recalling the exact years of his teen chronology.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 1/09/2012 4:11pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 4:04pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On an investigation note, I don't believe the medal is really that important when investigating the allegations. Some fact have already presented themselves and until refuted we could probably come to a summation at this point. Or are we in agreement that we want a full investigation. If so who wants to do a background check?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 4:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd rather stick to the claims and competition. I've stumbled across a few things that explain his attitude and don't think they are pertinent.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started in on the medal because I'm not qualified to critique his grappling, and the other (adult) claims are better addressed by Sambosteve's database. It's not the most important detail, but it is the most receptive to verification or refutation. If the claim is false, the effect on his credibility is significant though.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 1/09/2012 4:33pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 5:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'd rather stick to the claims and competition. I've stumbled across a few things that explain his attitude and don't think they are pertinent.
    share with me via PM. I've got some thoughts.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 7:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I started in on the medal because I'm not qualified to critique his grappling, and the other (adult) claims are better addressed by Sambosteve's database. It's not the most important detail, but it is the most receptive to verification or refutation. If the claim is false, the effect on his credibility is significant though.
    Yeah, I did not include youth events in my archive because one, there are just too many; and two, because usually these are not events people use in their bios, etc.

I am adding the 2010 and 2011 events to the archive as I write this. I have results spanning back to 1971. It is far from a complete list, but it includes everything I have VERIFIED results for. There are certainly big gaps, but this has literally been years in the making and will be the most complete archive of US sambo competitions (and American's overseas) in existence.

I have not included any persons that I don't have proof for...even if I personally know they competed. The archive also does not include veteran's divisions. Once I get 2010 & 2011 in, I will upload the list for people to have if they wish.

One thing that is interesting is when you list the spread sheet by year. It clearly highlights what orgs were hosting events and when. It clearly shows the political evolution.

By getting it up on line, I also hope to entice people to send proof to me if they have not been included in the archive.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 11:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started a new thread for the archive as it can be used as a greater tool for other investigations, etc.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...08#post2652208
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 6:12pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keeping thread alive.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast