222339 Bullies, 4262 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 146
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,771

    Posted On:
    1/07/2012 11:33pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Wil View Post
    Young man,

    I seriously doubt you truly understand the virtue of respect and the more important role of martial arts in our society and I sincerely hope that your instructor never finds out that you addressed another instructor in the manner in which you have addressed me. I have never met a more undisciplined immature individual who has showed such a disregard for a Chief Instructor. Martial Arts is much more then technique. If that is all that you have gained from your experience, you have missed out.
    ...and the winner is
    Quote Originally Posted by danniboi07 View Post
    Don't forget "I welcome criticism, but not disrespect."
    This usually turns into "I can't stand anyone disagreeing with me."
    You know what I like about pompous condescending people, that play the age card, like you? I bet Matt, Omega, HBD and I are all older than you.
    You wouldn't be trying to cover your shortcomings with "I teach mentally challenged children" if you were more "mature."
  2. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/07/2012 11:37pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt,

    Yes, USA Wrestling does govern the sport in the United States. There are a great deal of politics involved unfortunately which kills my soul. You have several organizations in the USA who govern the sport. I guess you can relate it to football back in the day. Before the NFL, you had two different leagues which ultimately merged and settled a lot of the politics. Within USA Wrestling, it is up to the individual states to elect their Directors or representatives for their art. AAU use to be very involved with Sombo but politics killed it. In short, yes, USA Wrestling does govern the sport of Sombo. If you wanted to come to a Sombo Tournament in Ohio, sanctioned and insured by USA Wrestling, you would need to join USA Wrestling and purchase a USA Wrestling Card. This is a very simplified explanation but I hope it helps you better understand.
  3. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/07/2012 11:54pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only did you miss the point, but you cut yourself short because your premise does not support your conclusion. The reason that I am here at all is because there were individuals making a great number of assumptions about other individuals and programs that they know nothing about and who based their bias beliefs on a video developed by individuals with a different set motives and goals. Perhaps you should base your perceived notions of maturity on factual information derived from the source rather than a misinterpretation of someone who is trying to serve his community by volunteering their time to make a different in someone's life. It is a shame. I really hope that one day you sit down and really think what is important to you and realize that words have meaning and thus have power. When you use them with malice there are consequences. I hope you realize that one day before you wrong someone else.
  4. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:08am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega,

    It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people believe that you are ignorant then it is to open it and remove all doubt. I have been serving as the State Director for 3 years and have been involved with Sombo since I was a teenager. If you do a little more research and a little less time name calling, you would realize that I am correct. Ignorance is often propagated by those with a political motive or those who lack any degree of intellectual prowess. By virtue of your semi-conscious rambling, it is clear that you sir are exhibiting significant symptoms of both.

    At no time have I ever made a claim that USA Wrestling was a governing body for any International organization or championship. The level of ignorance, spin, and misdirection in your posts are borderline, well you can fill in the blank.
  5. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,956

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:10am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Wil View Post
    Not only did you miss the point, but you cut yourself short because your premise does not support your conclusion. The reason that I am here at all is because there were individuals making a great number of assumptions about other individuals and programs that they know nothing about and who based their bias beliefs on a video developed by individuals with a different set motives and goals. Perhaps you should base your perceived notions of maturity on factual information derived from the source rather than a misinterpretation of someone who is trying to serve his community by volunteering their time to make a different in someone's life. It is a shame. I really hope that one day you sit down and really think what is important to you and realize that words have meaning and thus have power. When you use them with malice there are consequences. I hope you realize that one day before you wrong someone else.
    I know what my words mean and I know what you think they mean. People like you annoy me. I already told you I'm sure you're a nice guy. I'm sure you think your heart is in the right place. It isn't. You're full of yourself. immature would mean I'm not acting according to my age. Well when you get to my age, as is a few other people here, you stop mincing words.

    The difference between others is that there in a political position where they don't want to open up this can of worms. I've met many people like you. You want me to be compassionate because you're reaching out to the community to children who need it? Want to guess what I do? Grow up. You can't take the criticism. I'm embarrassed that you say that you represent sambo. You've ignored every good point made on this forum; as I knew you would. Instead you play the victim card. i'm not buying it.

    You have no excuses. There are none. At least you could have the honor and integrity to admit it. Then again I believe I saw Pelegrini's emblem on your site. Yup there it is...Combat Hapkido. Damn, I think that says it all.
  6. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,956

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:21am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Wil View Post
    Omega,

    It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people believe that you are ignorant then it is to open it and remove all doubt. I have been serving as the State Director for 3 years and have been involved with Sombo since I was a teenager.
    So?
    If you do a little more research and a little less time name calling, you would realize that I am correct.
    Have I denied that once you idiot?
    Ignorance is often propagated by those with a political motive or those who lack any degree of intellectual prowess.
    *holds up a mirror.
    By virtue of your semi-conscious rambling, it is clear that you sir are exhibiting significant symptoms of both.
    Unlike your autistic children I'm not naive.

    At no time have I ever made a claim that USA Wrestling was a governing body for any International organization or championship. The level of ignorance, spin, and misdirection in your posts are borderline, well you can fill in the blank.
    Nor did I say they were. I was making an observation. An observation that is supported by the fact that USA Wrestling is not the sanctioning body for SAMBO. Please try to keep up you pseudo intellectual shithead.

    My observation was that there were 18 countries there. 10 of which practice SAMBO yet no SAMBO event. USA wrestling works close with FILA IIRC. Just weird that SAMBO is not available as a competition. If SAMBO was the sanctioning body for SAMBO I'd be part of USA Wrestling as a SAMBO rep. As it is, they don't. So, now I'm just calling you a bullshitter.
  7. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:26am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HereBeADragon,

    All of the students in the video in question were not necessarily new. Some were new. Some had other issues. Some simply did not come to class very often because of other family related issues. I would love to share some other videos with the members of this board. I am not hear to make enemies or to tick people off. I am hear however to set the record straight and defend the honor of my program, my coach, my staff, my students, and myself. All anyone had to do was ask.

    I have never heard of a student or Chief Instructor address another like I have witnessed on this board. I sincerely hope this is not the direction martial arts in the United States is headed. I will make a video from one of our tournaments available for viewing.
  8. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:41am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure thing,

    I have been teaching for several years. The student that has been with me the longest would be a 17 year old. I joined the Police Academy in September and will graduate in June. I have had to put coaching on hold until graduation so I have not coached in some time. Most of my students last approximately 3 months to 2 years. We do the best we can to accommodate those with transportation and other issues and challenges. Often times we are fighting an up hill battle to just get the kids to practice but I can't think of a more noble fight.

    With regards to treading in unfriendly territory, I was elected for a reason. I believe in what we do. I believe in growing the sport as State Director and I believe in serving those who can benefit from what I bring to the table. We have made a difference and we stand on principal and I don't have a problem with aggressive dialogue with those who would use disparaging remarks to dishonor a program they know nothing about to make themselves look good in the eyes of their peers.
  9. Matt Phillips is offline
    Matt Phillips's Avatar

    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,464

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:46am

    supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Wil View Post
    Matt,

    Yes, USA Wrestling does govern the sport in the United States.
    Let's not slip into equivocation here... USA Wrestling may govern the Sombo competitions it puts on, but it does not represent the World Governing body (FIAS) in this country.

    The claim in your bio I mentioned says:
    USA Wrestling is the governing body for Sombo in the United States
    (again, emphasis mine).

    I assume this is what you mean to say when you claimed that
    USA Wrestling does govern the sport of Sombo
    , and not merely that USA Wrestling oversees certain of its own competitions.

    As I said earlier, USA Wrestling hasn't represented the World Governing Body for Sambo/Sombo in the United States since 1984. That is a simple fact supported by the statements of the WGB for Westling (FILA) and the WGB for Sport Sambo (FIAS). If you are truly unaware that FILA is no longer the WBG for Sambo, then you're living in some kind of bubble.

    All of this is distracting from my question about your AAU Junior Olympic silver medal. Was this in the 1988 games? Which weight class did you medal in? I'm assuming you were 16 at the time? If it was at the '87 games, were you 17 at the time?

    Thanks again

    If you wanted to come to a Sombo Tournament in Ohio, sanctioned and insured by USA Wrestling, you would need to join USA Wrestling and purchase a USA Wrestling Card. This is a very simplified explanation but I hope it helps you better understand.
    Yes, and if you wanted to come to a Judo Tournament in Ohio, sanctioned and insured by the US Judo Federation, you would need to join USJF and purchase a USJF Card. That does not change the fact that the WGB for Judo is the IJF, and that the IJF rep (NGB) in this country is USA JUDO, and not the USJF, AAU, or USJA.

    Get it?

    Oh and... not that it means a damn thing, but I seem to be 6 years older than you.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 1/08/2012 1:16am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!
  10. Coach Wil is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    1/08/2012 12:47am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is Fake,

    It is nearly 0100. I am not hear to make enemies or tick anyone off. Please, before making unfounded and unsubstantiated accusations, please, next time, go to the source and just ask. That is all I ask. Good night.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.