Our Sponsors:

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:44am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if someone was posting proof of a felony conviction re an investigation subject and you considered it unethical and asked them to cease and desist, and people posting on the same thread agreed "it should be buried", yet they persisted even after their posts was moved or deleted, the way to prevent them would be through an infraction, or temp ban, correct?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose it's for the best that my opinion on who should or should not get a temp ban doesn't carry any weight.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:56am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt I sent you a message to your facebook.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 1:05am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips
    Suit yourselves guys, but I think this is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iif
    Because you guys keep talking about it.
    It is called lumping together and I see you don't like it either.

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 1:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see what you did there

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 8:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    And if someone was posting proof of a felony conviction re an investigation subject and you considered it unethical and asked them to cease and desist, and people posting on the same thread agreed "it should be buried", yet they persisted even after their posts was moved or deleted, the way to prevent them would be through an infraction, or temp ban, correct?
    I didn't mean to ignore your point. If MABS mods are telling them to post it in a cull thread or a BBC thread, and they are ignoring the request, then for sure they are going to get at least an infraction; If it's just a bunch of people with a different opinion asking for them to drop it, then no, I don't think anything should happen. If you're asking what I would recommend if I were staff, I'd say lock them out of the main thread for a while.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMHO I think we need a rifle rather than a shotgun. Focus your shots and keep them on target.

Examples?

1. If we are concerned about causing harm to Children; We have video evidence of him teaching submissions to children under 13 which is AGAINST the policy of the WGB for Sambo, which of course he is NOT affiliated with. This becomes even more of a problem when we take his claim of teaching "special needs" children as truthful.

2. That Korean Martial Art patch on the kids left sleeve is still troubling. Is he teaching Yambo? What does the Korean Martial Art world have to do with Sambo?

3. The groundwork transition drill begins in an unnatural place (not likely to land there) and moves oddly. Worse, it "flows" to positions that would lose you the match, or at least make it much harder to win. Compare it to the following:

4. Entire submission positions are in error or open for easy counters. Foot placement in his Juji Gatame is simply incorrect. Two straight legs makes it easy to sweep them off to pass and counter, as many here know.

I can go on but I submit this is a good example of staying on focus. Wil's weight, grammar, past problems with child support, and/or his general hygiene have NOTHING to do with the issue. To wit, is he qualified to be teaching, is he truthful when he is teaching, and is what he is teaching what he claims it is, Sambo.

In my professional opinion, the answer is no.
    Last edited by Mtripp; 1/12/2012 12:50pm at .
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    IMHO I think we need a rifle rather than a shotgun. Focus your shots and keep them on target.

Examples?

1. If we are concerned about causing harm to Children; We have video evidence of him teaching submissions to children under 13 which is AGAINST the policy of the WGB for Sambo, which of course he is NOT affiliated with. This becomes even more of a problem when we take his claim of teaching "special needs" children as truthful.

2. That Korean Martial Art patch on the kids left sleeve is still troubling. Is he teaching Yambo? What does the Korean Martial Art world have to do with Sambo?

3. The groundwork transition drill begins in an unnatural place (not likely to land there) and moves oddly. Worse, it "flows" to positions that would lose you the match, or at least make it much harder to win. Compare it to the following:

4. Entire submission positions are in error or open for easy counters. Foot placement in his Juji Gatame is simply incorrect. Two straight legs makes it easy to sweep them off to pass and counter, as many here know.

I can go on but I submit this is a good example of staying on focus. Wil's weight, grammar, past problems with child support, and/or his general hygiene have NOTHING to do with the issue. To wit, is he qualified to be teaching, is he truthful when he is teaching, and is what he is teaching what he claims it is, Sambo.

In my professional opinion, the answer is no.
    Thank you coach. As I have shared with a few people off this thread there is something else about this I'm investigating with hopes that it goes nowhere. If my suspicions are accurate though they are going on this thread.

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 7:18pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I don't think that's the guy, it's more his student, but I could be wrong.

*Edit: No that was him:
    Regarding the first submission/arm-bar in this video, it looks like a poorly done version of the second arm-bar of our third series, or Giaku-Juji (not to be confused with gyaku juji jime). There are three major issues with it's execution, being:

1. Trapping/securing the hand. The palm down trap of the hand is not going to give you the control you need to extend the arm for the arm-bar. Before shrimping out you need to secure the wrist with both hands for control otherwise Uke will simply pull his hand out (back towards him).

2. Foot placement. Placing the foot on Uke's knee doesn't secure him in place. The idea isn't to kick his knee out but to allow Tori to keep Uke in place and use Uke's hips as post/foothold to extend Uke's arm for the submission. Trying to kick Uke's knee out is easily countered by Uke closing the gap/shifting weight to the other knee and the control is lost.

3. Cross leg position. In the video Tori pulls Uke's shoulder right into his hips (as explained by Coach Wil), which leaves Tori's knee under Uke's chin. This means Uke has only upper body strength, from an awkward position, with which to straighten the arm and apply the arm-bar (as the knee is not in a position to apply pressure to the elbow joint). Done properly it should be Tori's ankle that comes under Uke's chin, which leaves Tori's knee placed directly on Uke's elbow allowing maximum pressure to be applied with least effort. A combination of the leg (see point two) and the arms keep the arm straight whilst the knee applies pressure the the elbow joint.

If, as only a sankyu and having only 2.5 years of training, it is this easy for me to pull apart his technique then there is something seriously wrong here.

*source: Ma Methode de Judo, Kawaishi Mikonsuke, 1955, p230-231.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2012 4:52am

Style: BJJ Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my humble opinion No One, especialy not a head coach, uses a mentaly or physically challenged student as an excuse for their own shortcomings. Pathetic. You can understand Why this makes me very very Angry. Just reading what he wrote and in the tone he wrote it I call Bullhocky on his whine about classes full of special needs kids. ( This guy is why I need to learn to Box better. I just want to crunch one into his face) I'd love to talk to him about how he would have modified his program for Me.:itsnotokay:Don't let him pull that card. He's treating anyone who he sees as below him, like special needs kids, as a culturally acceptable scapegoat. He needs to be crucified.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast