Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    email sent but I just sent out a test email to make sure I have the right contact information.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After some discussion the felony issue will remain in MABS. Please remember we are in MABS and leave the barbs to the YMAS thread.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 7:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Are you also a deadbeat dad?
    Seriously, what kind of a question is that? I know you're a professional scumbag lawyer, but I still expect more from you.

No I'm not for your information, not that it's any of your damn business.

I'm allowed to ask whether the felony charge is relevant without having my own character called into question.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    After some discussion the felony issue will remain in MABS. Please remember we are in MABS and leave the barbs to the YMAS thread.
    Okay fair dos, I'll try to keep it more civil...

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 8:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop being so fucking melodramatic, the difference between a felony and misdemeanour has become extremely arbitrary in a lot of cases. The guy skipped maintenance, he wasn't holding up post offices or soliciting minors.
    The above post has nothing to do with this at all:
    I'm allowed to ask whether the felony charge is relevant without having my own character called into question.
    Yes, you are, but that isn't what you asked in the post Tom quoted.

Tom Kagan isn't a lawyer, so you really need to calm down.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 9:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My concern is that if Everidge would not be eligible to teach grade school badminton in Ohio, it seems to be squarely in Bullshido's area of expertise, if not to apply standards to the teachers then at least document this discrepancy.

IANAL but this passage of O.A.C. Rule 3301-20-01 seems to imply he would not even qualify under the "rehabilitation standards" to ever teach in a state or charter school.
    If this is the case, why should he be allowed to teach special needs kids a combat sport?

(2) If the conviction is not listed in paragraph (A)(10) of this rule, the following rehabilitation criteria shall apply:

(a) At the time of the offense, the victim of the offense was not a person under eighteen years of age or enrolled as a student in a district.
    http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/3301-20-01

So my question is, in this case would the victim be his child(ren) or(and?) his wife?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 10:25pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I highly disagree with the inclusion of the child support charge discussion in this discussion...at least in public discussion. It should have been kept off the record until any relevance was determined. This discussion, at least the portion I cared about was in relation to Coach Wil's skill, credentials, and history with regard to teaching sambo. This is the primary issue for me. Until all the facts are know about his felony charge, this should have not been noted here in public. For me it is not relevant to the initial question. It is not like there is any charge regarding anything that might endanger the children he teaches. What will endager them is his apparent lack of skill. The decision to include is very disappointing to me.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    My concern is that if Everidge would not be eligible to teach grade school badminton in Ohio, it seems to be squarely in Bullshido's area of expertise, if not to apply standards to the teachers then at least document this discrepancy.

IANAL but this passage of O.A.C. Rule 3301-20-01 seems to imply he would not even qualify under the "rehabilitation standards" to ever teach in a state or charter school.
    If this is the case, why should he be allowed to teach special needs kids a combat sport?

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/3301-20-01

So my question is, in this case would the victim be his child(ren) or(and?) his wife?
    I am not well read with the particulars of the legal jargon concerning non-payment of support, but I would imagine that his child would be seen as the victim.

Child support, as I understand it, is a sum paid towards the well-being of the child, i.e., adequate housing, food, clothing. etc. Failure to pay that support can result in harm befalling the child; thus, the child becomes a victim.

Now, as I said, I'm not up on the legalese of the issue, but if we can rightly say that Everidge's felony conviction is demonstrative of the fact that he's victimized a child, then that conviction becomes pretty damn relevant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:01pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    For the record, I highly disagree with the inclusion of the child support charge discussion in this discussion...at least in public discussion. It should have been kept off the record until any relevance was determined. .
    This. I think, we need at times to put ourselves in the other persons shoes when conducting an investigation, 'how would we react if we were put in the same position, if this information was posted about us?'

I am not saying that all relevant information shouldn't come to light but that a certain amount of tact/discretion should be used. (I am only talking about MABS here)

Otherwise, I think, it could reflect negatively on Bullshido as an investigative forum.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu Tze View Post
    You didn't ask a question. You made a strong implication a person being so deficient in their patriarchial obligations that they are convicted of a criminal felony in a civil matter (!) is trivial.

Being a deadbeat dad is a bit more than a "missed credit card payment", as equated by one of your compatriates. It is also more than a credit card default. To push the lousy analogy to its logical conclusion, it equates to a willful attempt to defraud. If someone really thinks a deadbeat dad is "no big deal", then yes, that person's character should be called into question. If you want to think I'm a scumbag merely because I was the only one to step up and ask one sharp question which e-slapped you out of your slumber pointing out how thoughtlessly boneheaded your initial position was, I'm okay with that... as long as you're awake now.

Back to Wil Everidge's deadbeat dad status: I'm amused by the irony. Bullshido looks at our opinion of what is MA and initially feels this issue is not anything to look at. However, if MA were viewed from the vantagepoint of Mr. Everidge's high horse, we would be compelled to take such a factor into strong consideration. I don't like hypocrites, so I feel the conviction needs to be stapled to his Kurtka.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    The decision to include is very disappointing to me.
    A lot of stuff goes on here I don't like. However, this information was already out there. Because of this, I feel it deserves the umbrella of MABS instead of being thrown to the wolves in YMAS.

Also, to be fair: if IIF's previously stated the felony conviction information was put in the internet domain by Wil Everidge himself. If this hold's true, however odd it might seem, I would like to point out this upfront disclosure also goes to character. The conviction obviously would matter to some of his students' parents. If Mr. Everidge is using this bad period in his life to educate people as to what not to do and as an example of how to change, this demonstrates good character.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 1/11/2012 11:45pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.