Administrator

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 9:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    He posted felony charges/conviction for failure to pay child support on two different web forums?

If you are going to post stuff like that, at least document it when the comment is made.

Ben
    Did you read the thread? I said we should stick to the Martial side didn't I? I told you it is easily found on google.

If Omega chose not to or forgot I'll let him decide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm curious how Wil was able to enroll in the Ohio State Police Academy if he had a prior felony conviction...Doesn't really pertain to the claims he made about his grappling experience, but I'd be interested to hear Wil's explanation regarding LEO training. Did he open enroll? Was he hired by an agency in Ohio? Per the Ohio code is he even ellgiable to be a sworn officer?

Could be that the "I'm too busy to coach because I'm in the polilce academy" thing is just bullshit too...

Oh well...I'm interested to see what this turns up on the guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:28am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He posted it out there, on two different webforums, while trying to drum up business for his gym. Nope it isn't a violation if you put it out there yourself. It has been held back since the thread started.

It pops up when you google his name.

I think I read it the same as Ben, that he had posted his failure to pay child support re drumming up business for his gym.

My two cents is that the child support angle should be left out, for the reasons already stated above, at this time.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:41am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ded Morose View Post
    I think I read it the same as Ben, that he had posted his failure to pay child support re drumming up business for his gym.
    I have no clue what you are saying here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BKR
    I'd say mentioning anything about a criminal history in this context is improper and over the limit, in fact, a violation of the guy's privacy.
    My posts addresses this comment that implies people dug into something that violated his privacy.

Now since everyone has gotten fired up and apparently is upset that I didn't post links, let's be clear:
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'd rather stick to the claims and competition. I've stumbled across a few things that explain his attitude and don't think they are pertinent.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 12:44am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ded Morose View Post

My two cents is that the child support angle should be left out, for the reasons already stated above, at this time.
    Thanks for your opinion.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the best practice for conducting investigations is to address core martial arts issues, and cite supplementary information from the individual's criminal and/or military history only as it becomes specifically relevant. When the subject of an investigation turns out to be clean, you don't want to have put out any more of their information than was necessary to examine the question. Just because every bread crumb leading to a person's front door is in plain site doesn't mean you have to draw people a map and nail it up in the public square. Put up everything needed to answer the question "Is this person doing a disservice to the martial arts consumer" and nothing more, within the limit of your common sense.

As regards the question of missed child support payments, I'd say it goes to their character or their wallet, and there is most likely no way to tell the difference. I wouldn't touch that unless I had solid evidence showing the person had plenty of means to pay, and chose not to. And even then, only if that helped advance an important argument. Just my $0.02
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 10:27am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really, I feel the child support issue should not be discussed UNLESS it becomes relevant to the martial art investigation later. Stick to the martial art claims, which is what this thread is about. Whether or not he has not paid, or has caught up, or was falsely or rightly convicted, what the circumstances are we do not know. At this point, I dont see relevance in regard to establishing his martial art training and skill. Having said that, if he himself was using the fact to drum up business? That seems pretty odd. As does his use of disabled kids to deflect inquiry and rationalize poor skill shown in the original video.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 10:58am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I think the best practice for conducting investigations is to address core martial arts issues, and cite supplementary information from the individual's criminal and/or military history only as it becomes specifically relevant. When the subject of an investigation turns out to be clean, you don't want to have put out any more of their information than was necessary to examine the question. Just because every bread crumb leading to a person's front door is in plain site doesn't mean you have to draw people a map and nail it up in the public square. Put up everything needed to answer the question "Is this person doing a disservice to the martial arts consumer" and nothing more, within the limit of your common sense.

As regards the question of missed child support payments, I'd say it goes to their character or their wallet, and there is most likely no way to tell the difference. I wouldn't touch that unless I had solid evidence showing the person had plenty of means to pay, and chose not to. And even then, only if that helped advance an important argument. Just my $0.02
    This is how I'm feeling but I'm not going to let it go until I make sure there's nothing there. In the end I can't see it being relevant which is why I want anything along this line to be brought up via PM rather than out here.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it possible to contact Joe Neely (can't find any contactinformation) and ask him if he remembers Will, what his level was when he stopped and all the usual business.

From the vid of Joe Neely, he looks like a dedicated and skilled coach that takes some pride in his teachings, so I would be surprised that he gave Will his 'blessings' to start teaching at the level of skill that I'm seeing in Will's vids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 11:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will try to contact him today.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast