221910 Bullies, 3855 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 77
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,493

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:29am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Yeah, you guys really need to work on your debate-fu. Most of you have been around here long enough to know how to dismantle a BJJ nutrider argument by now.

    I am pretty disappointed.
    Bitch please. Your BJJihad trolling is too boring to play with. And **** you for derailing the thread AND being a boring troll.

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,967

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:48am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would like to say, shame on most of you for not knowing he was just fucking around.
  3. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,885

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:52am

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I set your argument on fire and am currently watching it burn. Dismantling it instead would be about as boring as watching Royce Gracie vs Dan Severn.
    That's the stuff!!!!
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  4. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 12:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    That's the stuff!!!!
    A staller vs a declawed mauler is "the stuff"?

    The true winner of that fight was the one whose friend first showed up with a weapon. Unfortunately, Dan had no friends and Royce only had nutridders. NHB, indeed.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  5. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,493

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 12:46pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back on topic.

    So it has been established that the 3 main domains in MMA are Striking, Wrestling (position control, takedowns), Grappling (submissions). Now would you say it is better to be Very Good in all three or be Great in one and Good in the others.

    I'm talking about years of pro training here, not some ammy 3 times a week training.

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  6. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,493

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 1:02pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    P.S. Hey Ke?poFist, you will never be this good.


    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  7. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,529

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 1:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Yeah, you guys really need to work on your debate-fu. Most of you have been around here long enough to know how to dismantle a BJJ nutrider argument by now.

    I am pretty disappointed.
    You have manipulated the fishing line just right for the troll bait to catch my eye.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Psh, this is bullshit. The only reason BJJ still isn't the dominant art is because of the rules.

    With all these damned stand-ups, and short rounds, a BJJ fighter can never really get cooking with his gameplan, and the biggest tragedy is that fighters now believe that to be a "complete" fighter, they need more than Jiu-Jitsu. In reality, to win in MMA you need more, because the rules keep forcing you to not use your Jiu-Jitsu, and instead try to do more "exciting" stuff that can earn you quick points or a knockout for the crowd.
    "There is no rules, there is only jiu jitsu." *gong sound*

    In the old days a Jiu-Jitsu fighter could tie his opponent up for as long as he needed on the ground, until they either tired, or presented an opening to be submitted. Now the ref just puts it back on their feet, so the opponent knows if he just lays there like a rug instead of trying to escape, he can get stood back up.
    Oh yeah, since the jiu jitsu guy who bitches about time limits is never seen laying there like a rug.

    Saying Jiu-Jitsu isn't a complete fighting system for MMA, is like saying that a crock pot isn't a complete form of cooking in a chef's competition, because the rules of the cooking show make you have to have your meal prepared in under 15 minutes. There's no time to marinade let alone, slow roast, so of course everyone's gonna be stir-frying!
    Show me a successful cooking show where the camera focuses on a slow-cooking crock pot for several hours.
  8. karma2343 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    613

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 1:11pm


     Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    You are awful @analogies! (but I see what you did there)
    Are you implying that cooking shows shouldn't have groin shots or eye jabs? You've lost me, bro.
  9. Bad Apple is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE (orig from Boston area)
    Posts
    382

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 1:39pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    I believe that's the entire point of the article and thread. But really BJJ is the best and all you need.



    BJJ, this gi, my time machine set for 1993 and that's ALL I need....and this scrotum saddle and that's ALL I NEED
  10. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,885

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 2:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Show me a successful cooking show where the camera focuses on a slow-cooking crock pot for several hours.
    http://rachaelrayshow.com/show/segme...ckpot-cooking/
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.