222050 Bullies, 4142 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 77
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. shogunism is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22

    Posted On:
    1/09/2012 9:38pm


     Style: Mixed MA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am hoping some sanshou guys will take up BJJ classes to become MMA fighters. Sanshou is like Muay Thai (without elbows) and greco-roman throws. With defensive BJJ and some knowledge of the cage I think they can be more successful than karate in MMA.
  2. Lindz is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,004

    Posted On:
    1/09/2012 10:05pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunism View Post
    I haven't heard of aft of war fc
    FTFY.
  3. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,034

    Posted On:
    1/09/2012 11:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shogunism View Post
    I am hoping some sanshou guys will take up BJJ classes to become MMA fighters. Sanshou is like Muay Thai (without elbows) and greco-roman throws. With defensive BJJ and some knowledge of the cage I think they can be more successful than karate in MMA.
    Bullshido poster/Redline Fighter Strikistanian trained in San Shou, and bunches of other things. He's one of the top ranked ammy mma fighters in New England at his weight. I saw him yesterday in the T (subway), he said he's got Golden Gloves coming up. Guy's a beast, and is one of these "new breed" fighters, who are heavy duty at lots of things.

    I liked the article in general. Of course, many of the successful fighters of the past were good at multiple things, but the general sway of the thing was on point. It's just with fights, there aren't many outings per guy/gal compared to say, football or baseball etc games, and so "trends" and statistical samplings at the top level aren't as well defined.

    I should mention the Fedor anomaly. During a large-ass span, during those phases, he was kicking asses regardless of specialty or greatness. Nog, CroCop, Ogawa, Coleman..the list goes on. He smashed a lot of "specialist" pedigree fighters.

    I'm just happy as can be, that there's so much mma to watch. Great stuff happening in the sport, and it's a great time to be a fan. War Hendo, War Fedor, War Overeem, long live the old guard ;]
    [/tipsy]

    p.s. I think Hendo can take Jon Jones.
  4. karma2343 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vista, CA
    Posts
    613

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 4:50am


     Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    I am so fucking amazed with myself for typing up that bullshit, but I bet you nutless monkeys can't argue against my irrefutable logic!
    Its easy. Your argument can be turned against you, because MMA doesn't allow groin shots, throat punches, eye, jabs, etc. To use an analogy, it would be like having a cook competition and not allowing groin shots, throat punches, eye, jabs, etc.


    Your move, Ke?pofist.
    :TrollDad:
  5. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,885

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 7:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    Its easy. Your argument can be turned against you, because MMA doesn't allow groin shots, throat punches, eye, jabs, etc. To use an analogy, it would be like having a cook competition and not allowing groin shots, throat punches, eye, jabs, etc.


    Your move, Ke?pofist.
    :TrollDad:
    You are awful @analogies! (but I see what you did there)
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  6. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 7:56am

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    I am so fucking amazed with myself for typing up that bullshit, but I bet you nutless monkeys can't argue against my irrefutable logic!
    Just because you can figure out how to use a crockpot to cook a wedding cake and use the claw end of a hammer to shove it into your new spouse's face at the reception doesn't mean either novel usage of those tools is a particularly good idea.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
  7. CaseyRyback is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    118

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:35am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KenpoFist... I can't disagree. I believe you're right sir that bjj is all you need. I believe it's becoming again an underrated dominant art.

    On another note. I feel the american influences of better conditioning and history of wrestling are furthering it's development.
    Last edited by CaseyRyback; 1/10/2012 8:41am at .
  8. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,885

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 8:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    Just because you can figure out how to use a crockpot to cook a wedding cake and use the claw end of a hammer to shove it into your new spouse's face at the reception doesn't mean either novel usage of those tools is a particularly good idea.
    umm
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  9. Ke?poFist is offline
    Ke?poFist's Avatar

    Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,885

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 9:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, you guys really need to work on your debate-fu. Most of you have been around here long enough to know how to dismantle a BJJ nutrider argument by now.

    I am pretty disappointed.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  10. Tom Kagan is offline
    Tom Kagan's Avatar

    Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York, NY USA
    Posts
    5,602

    Posted On:
    1/10/2012 11:04am

    supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Yeah, you guys really need to work on your debate-fu. Most of you have been around here long enough to know how to dismantle a BJJ nutrider argument by now.

    I am pretty disappointed.
    I set your argument on fire and am currently watching it burn. Dismantling it instead would be about as boring as watching Royce Gracie vs Dan Severn.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

    "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

    "Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

    My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.