Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 10:24am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    When you say, "hold down" can you elaborate please? maybe add a link to something good? Thank you very much in advance.
    By hold downs I just mean the basic judo ground work positions. Here is a link to the pins page on judoinfo.

http://judoinfo.com/new/techniques/g...iques-osaewaza

Really what you should focus on would be kesa gatame, yoko and tate shiho gatame, as well as kami shiho gatame (scarf hold, side four corners and mount, north south). Those are the ones that have worked the best for me. Also you could try the kuzure (modified) versions of the hold downs (also listed on the judoinfo page).

I don't know any ground work drills as my judo school doesn't do much ground work and when we do its generally rolling, but doing some light rolling with the goal of trying to transition into as many hold downs as possible while the bottom guy tries to escape might be both fun and educational.

Posted On:
    1/09/2012 10:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judojeff View Post
    I don't know any ground work drills as my judo school doesn't do much ground work and when we do its generally rolling, but doing some light rolling with the goal of trying to transition into as many hold downs as possible while the bottom guy tries to escape might be both fun and educational.
    This is the standard drill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:10pm

Style: FMA/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Falls, falls, falls. Then takedowns, then control positions. After that a couple of reversals from bottom to check the validity of the top person's hold downs. Ignore subs for beginners.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12