Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 11:51am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cyborg vs Ronda

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cyb...Am-Ready-38291

Honestly with how both of them have walked through their opponents I can't even make a pick on this one. I think it'll be a quick fight though. Any speculation?

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call Ronda. Her Judo is awesome, and tbh I've never been all that impressed with Cyborg. She's tough as ****, I just don't see her beating that slick judo.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 2:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    I call Ronda. Her Judo is awesome, and tbh I've never been all that impressed with Cyborg. She's tough as ****, I just don't see her beating that slick judo.
    I think it may come down to what happens first, if Cyborg lands a solid combo it could be night over for Ronda via TKO/KO; if Ronda gets inside and ahold of Cyborg, could be a short night for cyborg via dislocation.

Ronda has an Achilles' heel in her striking, and she hasn't fought someone as dangerous as Cyborg on the feet. However i do agree that i don't think Cyborg can hang with Ronda on the ground. So I see either armbar by Ronda or TKO/KO by Cyborg either way in the first round.

I'll be cheering for Ronda though.

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 2:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight isn't even happening yet.

And the fight wont happen until Ronda is ready, she is smart, her camp is smart and she understands the game of MMA and publicity.

She will have a few more fights, build the hype, build the purse and all the while build her skills.

Then she'll fight Cyborg, but not before.

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll take Lady Wanderlei by KO in round 1.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 9:44pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rousey needs more experience.

FFS Cyborg won the Mundials at purple belt and slammed Tito in a sparring round. She's no slouch on the ground. If Rousey can't set up her takedowns with the threat of strikes she's getting demolished.

In 2 years and after 3-4 more matches she'll be competitive. I don't think so now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2011 10:44pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 265lbsfist View Post
    Rousey needs more experience.

FFS Cyborg won the Mundials at purple belt and slammed Tito in a sparring round. She's no slouch on the ground. If Rousey can't set up her takedowns with the threat of strikes she's getting demolished.

In 2 years and after 3-4 more matches she'll be competitive. I don't think so now.
    I concur.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Third.

As much as I love RR, she isnt ready to face the man-eater! Given another handFULL of fights at a higher level she will have the experience needed, but her striking will need to grow to match. Much less her waistline.

If Cyborg comes down and RR goes up to meet at 135, I think it still favors Cyborg.

Maybe Cyborg could fight Anderson after he beats Jon Jones? Who else is gonna stop her right now lol?

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 1:11pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I don't think Cyborg is on par with Ronda on the ground, she's had a lot more experience using it in MMA, and she did completely dominate Mundials as seen here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=106873&page=1

The gap between their grappling is much much less than where Ronda's strking is at, and Ronda has never been with an opponent who has even come close to testing her on her feet or on the ground.

I'm interested to see if the lure of money and fame will be too much for Ronda and her management to resist. I wonder if there is some gamemanship going on in Cyborg's camp in recognizing that given some more experience, Ronda is really the only threat to Santos' crown as the most dominant female MMA artist. Plus the fact that she is 1. American, and 2. Much more attractive, makes it pretty much guaranteed that she will be the new face of women's MMA if she is successful. A fight with Ronda now is way less scary than one in a year or so.

I think it would be a competitive fight regardless, but I think Cyborg takes it if this happens soon.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/19/2011 5:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well considering Cyborg isn't human, it has to be Cyborg. Although they both come from reputable teams...
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast