Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 7:56am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? That's pretty interesting! I couldn't breath either! Well, I could breathe it felt like my throat was closing, so I kept having to tell myself to breathe, which caused me to gulp air. I felt like I was suffocating and burning! All while blind!

Yeah, I don't mind pain, but the combination of air, vision, and pain! Not for me! I did see an inmate one time that was immune to the stuff though!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 11:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I did see an inmate one time that was immune to the stuff though!
    Ah, yes. The notorious Texas Pete.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 11:51pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Castle Doctrine.

I will not use a sliding scale of force on intruders to my home. I assume they are here to commit the most heinous crimes against my family - and I will tell the jury that Dr Petit's home invasion in Connecticut was fresh in my mind.

I'd use a bazooka if I had one.

Posted On:
    1/10/2012 7:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Source, please? Just because it sounds weird to me.
    Here is what i got back. Which does lean more towards supporting you than me to be honest.

"weapons act, I'm pretty it actually lists a spiked bat or something to that extent as a dangerous weapon and hence you could be charged for possessing it. Unless you had a reasonable excuse for owning it, a baseball bat on its own I can see anyone coming up with an excuse, but a spike bat I can't think of any I would accept to stop me charging them.

As for trespass check out the QLD criminal code, it states that you may use for "reasonably necessary" to remove someone from your property provided that the force does not result in grevious bodily harm or death (both defined in the act). However, should GBH or death result to the trespasser I imagine it could be justified provided that the force used was proportionate to the threat present (i.e. the intruder had a gun or knife and attempted to kill or harm you with it). All being said there is case law of people being charged by the offender for injuries they sustained by robbing someone elses home or business.

Short answer no you can't own or use a spiked bat in QLD in any circumstance."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 2:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    All being said there is case law of people being charged by the offender for injuries they sustained by robbing someone elses home or business.
    Crimminal charges or lawsuits in civil court? There's a different set of criteria for each, and for the latter those are "Can legibly fill out the paperwork" and "Can afford the attorney in the thousand dollar jacket" (Why is the suit a thousand dollars? Because it is not cheap to tailor a jacket around a dorsal fin)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hsing i, FMA's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    knife, of the two. i know i would survive with a knife, but a bat needs a little more space to wield (baseball bats are uncommon here anyway).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 8:58pm

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NZ Cop friend of mine said a small to medium carpentry saw was great for home defence. Ticks the box for having one lying around with good reason, realtively cheap and here's the bonus - you can hack/slash with it, if grabbed pull hard and the teeth rip. No clean cuts , lots of tears from the serated teeth.

Sounds bloody awful - I've never seen press around such a use - I have a Kukri in the bed side drawer - a little harder to explain away...
    Last edited by Hexe; 1/11/2012 9:20pm at . Reason: five thumbed typing

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 9:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: hsing i, FMA's

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Hexe;2652800]NZ Cop friend of mine said a small to medium carpentry saw was great for home defence. [QUOTE]
    by sheer coincidence i have a tenon behind the front door. i used it to cut skirting board a couple of years ago and haven't moved it since.
    i live in a bad neighborhood

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 12:49am

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No question bat. It isn't about hurt, pain doesn't count in a real scrap, (at least not enought to bet on it. ) It is about making the body not work right, percussive damage is where it is at.

I have never seen a one shot knife encounter. I have seen plenty of tire irons, bat, two by fours stop someone on shot number one.

Aaron Fields

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2012 1:06am

Style: SL5,MT, BJJ noob,Chow Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Fields View Post
    No question bat. It isn't about hurt, pain doesn't count in a real scrap, (at least not enought to bet on it. ) It is about making the body not work right, percussive damage is where it is at.

I have never seen a one shot knife encounter. I have seen plenty of tire irons, bat, two by fours stop someone on shot number one.

Aaron Fields
    Dunno ?- the only timber versus opponent I've witnessed first hand was in Bangkok. Dude got clubbed several times with 3-4 good hits (clearly audible), bleeding like a stuck pig - though he may have been high as a kite at the time. Fascinating watch as he must have a little MT as he was still unloading into the (timber) guys legs and rib-cage and messed him up. Actually on Bat material, Wooden over aluminium?
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast