Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 12:58pm

Style: Judo Sandbagger

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I had to look over at your location when I saw "bear spray"!! I was thinking, holy ****, where do you live that you would need bear spray!

I do have arrows laying around too, but they are mildly useless without my bow.
    Actually Bear Spray has become the go to weapon of choice for gangs and home invasions and muggings in the area. http://www.1075kiss.com/local-first/...ed-by-intruder I think somebody recently used one at a Boxing Day crowd to jump the que.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 3:02pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    Actually Bear Spray has become the go to weapon of choice for gangs and home invasions and muggings in the area. http://www.1075kiss.com/local-first/...ed-by-intruder I think somebody recently used one at a Boxing Day crowd to jump the que.
    I've heard of car thieves carrying pepper spray around here in case they're confronted.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 3:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KO'd N DOA View Post
    That's pretty awesome! I've been pepper sprayed a few times, and I would rather be beat with a bat then pepper sprayed! I'd rather be tazed any day of the week then pepper spray! I'd rather be kicked in the balls!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 3:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's pretty awesome! I've been pepper sprayed a few times, and I would rather be beat with a bat then pepper sprayed! I'd rather be tazed any day of the week then pepper spray! I'd rather be kicked in the balls!
    No ****?!

I imagine bear spray would suck really bad.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 3:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cualltaigh View Post
    *Clears throat*
    Hahaha, yes.
    I thought it was pretty funny this kid did pretty much exactly what i was taught to do and even had the presence to give the baby a bottle.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 3:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah. The cool thing about being tazed is that as soon as the tazer stops, the pain and everything is done. So you can press on with life after that. Pepper spray, hell no! As soon as you stop spraying, I'm going to burn and not be able to breath for like 30 minutes! Then, when I shower later, if I didn't get it all of, the water reactivates it and I get to burn again! **** that!

And CN(nerve gas) combined with OC(oleoresin capcicum, spelling?) is even worse!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never been pepper sprayed but I've been in a CS chamber multiple times and I never would've thought this to be true. But a good friend of mine is a new cop and talked about being pepper sprayed in training. He's tough as nails and has also had the CS experience multiple times. He told me exactly the same thing.

He sucked it up the best he could but said it was maybe the most awful thing he's ever experienced. He swears to me grown ass men were dropping on the ground and crying like babies. He said only the most strong willed men were anything other than completely helpless after being sprayed.

So yeah, I'm getting some of that. Cold steel makes a pepper spray called Inferno I may try out on the neighbor's dogs. lol
    Last edited by Devil; 1/06/2012 4:09pm at .

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 4:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've been in the CS chamber before and it is a lot different. That spray is some hard core stuff. I was also on the special munitions team and got to use all kinds of cool stuff. But the only problem with that is that you have to be hit with it to use it. And then when you use it, sometimes you get it on you. Over-spray, or the wind blows it back on you, or sometimes other officers accidentally miss and hit you(yeah, that was fucked up!).

But yeah, my brother and my unkle are both cops and both were in the military and experience bothe the CS chamber and OC spray to the face. Everyone was in agreement that OC spray is worse.

I bought some for my wife which she carries.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/06/2012 4:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My buddy highly recommended it. He also said as bad as it sucks it's probably worth experiencing myself if I'm going to carry it so I'll understand exactly what it will do if I use it. I completely understand his line of thinking but told him to eat a dick.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    1/07/2012 1:16am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am the exact opposite!

Pepper spray sucked but was bearable- tazer was the single most painful experience of my life!

The best way I can describe pepper spray is like having sunburn on the eyes. I was pretty mobile after mine, although I literally could not see a fucking thing during the combat test. Having been CS'd before though I personally thought Pepper was far worse
    Last edited by Hanniballistic; 1/07/2012 1:19am at .
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast