Our Sponsors:

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:57pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Since you've specified "less lethal" you are still using deadly force.
    If i level a firearm on someone, i assume they may die.
    If they are breaking into my home, i assume they mean me harm and i will respond accordingly.
    non lethal falls into a category of "non" deadly force, which is why it was of interest to me, you stun them but not kill them.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C) Shotgun.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eloneamigo View Post
    non lethal falls into a category of "non" deadly force, which is why it was of interest to me, you stun them but not kill them.
    Bean bags and rubber bullets fall under "less lethal".
    That's why i asked for the clarification about Simunition, ie non-lethal ammo.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:50pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually have a serious interest in knowing my rights how to defend myself to the fullest. ....

...I wouldn't have been charged for kicking his ass, if he came towards me, ...
    Your off topic novel aside, you may have had a duty to retreat had he even approached you.

You lost it when you figured him for an asshole for waving you by with insufficient room.
    I also don't believe you were 100% forthcoming about your role in the escalation.
  5. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 3:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Bean bags and rubber bullets fall under "less lethal".
    That's why i asked for the clarification about Simunition, ie non-lethal ammo.
    Right, i think we are getting hung up on semantics here, simunition hurts like hell but it isn't meant to subdue the recipient as we used it for training when I was in the military. Also my goal is to subdue the dumbass, avoid a lawsuit from the dumbass's family trying to get a payday on their death, subdue and wait for the blue guys to show up and process the dumbass. Any ammunition has the potential to kill, even simunition. Nothing is ever 100%, so I hope this clears up what I was trying to put across. Take care man.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 4:21pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, i think we are getting hung up on semantics here...

Now you are beginning to catch on.
    I'm not making up definitions to suit my argument.
    Simunition is sold as non-lethal, and billed as exactly that.
    No such claims are made for the bean bags and rubber bullets, therefore my point stands.

Moreover, what if the other guy is armed too?
    You might knock him down, but what if he still has the wherewithal to shoot you, and you're still stuck with your shotgun full of rubber?

Sorry, no eunuch-ized guns for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 11:23am

Style: Jujutsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, i think we are getting hung up on semantics here, simunition hurts like hell but it isn't meant to subdue the recipient as we used it for training when I was in the military. Also my goal is to subdue the dumbass, avoid a lawsuit from the dumbass's family trying to get a payday on their death, subdue and wait for the blue guys to show up and process the dumbass. Any ammunition has the potential to kill, even simunition. Nothing is ever 100%, so I hope this clears up what I was trying to put across. Take care man.

Whats your experience with the military? and what sort of training (related to topic) have you received?

I ask because several of the things you have stated . . . (referring to a home intruder as an "un-sub" . . .. also calling a period after a road rage encounter a "blackout time" .. )

these statements seem to hint that you have received advanced training . .. but your application of logic- and ACTUAL law/reality is quite lacking . . . so im curious.
    (are you a tv crime-drama junky?)

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 12:12pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    these statements seem to hint that you have received advanced training
    Or have The X-Files season 1-5 on DVD

9. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny_cage View Post
    Whats your experience with the military? and what sort of training (related to topic) have you received?

I ask because several of the things you have stated . . . (referring to a home intruder as an "un-sub" . . .. also calling a period after a road rage encounter a "blackout time" .. )

these statements seem to hint that you have received advanced training . .. but your application of logic- and ACTUAL law/reality is quite lacking . . . so im curious.
    (are you a tv crime-drama junky?)
    I was in the Navy Diver/Eod pipeline, for about 2years until diagnosed with asthma, and then was diver dq'd and then rated to being 20% disabled from also obtaining an ankle recon while in. I have trained at blackwater in SD while in I was in, as well where is where I learned the nomenclature, "un-sub" etc.. You obviously have to know how to communicate over comms or else how can you relay an incident to backup on something as small scale as sentry watch? I am not one of those assholes that claim to be super special delta forces black ops/ can't talk about bullshit.

I have worked on 2 special ops teams but was not qualled myself since I was what the navy refers to as a scruff, someone who is beginning their Specwar career. So if I talk like it, I learned how to speak like that from being around the guys I worked with, as they give you information on how to perform and what to expect along the way.

As for blacking out, I mean fight or flight when everything stops around you because you are focussed on one thing whether or not youre about to engage someone. If I would have gotten out I consider that blackout mode because I would have lost any common sense to engage someone over road rage. Instead I called the police and filed a report. But last time I checked the term "un-sub" is a universal term, which is a term placed on the police report as unidentified subject, and also I have taken a home invasion prevention course which also uses the same nomenclature, for not knowing the name of the perpetrator doing wrong against you. So I learned how to properly look for distinguishing features, and learned how to effectively communicate with LEO, sue me. Also let some asshole threaten to rape your gf and her 10yo daughter and see how fucking logical you are.
    Last edited by eloneamigo; 7/14/2012 12:26pm at .
  10. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/14/2012 12:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I also don't believe you were 100% forthcoming about your role in the escalation."

I didnt say **** else except hey bud hard to get by when youre parked in the middle of the road. if you dont believe it, that's not really a major concern to me, I fucked up by saying anything in the first place, and I own that especially with my family there, but you weren't there and have no clue as to what the you are talking about as you are implying the 2 sides to every story bullshit, I was in a frustrated mood having to sit behind someone for 5 minutes because I couldn't pass because he was being a dick. I said it in a frustrated manner but I didn't swear at him or use any type of come on and fight me language, he fucked up worse and will pay for it not from me but by the authorities. Even when he pulled up along side and asked me what I said, I said it again but in more of a calm state, as to not provoke the situation any further, I began to drive off and never said another word to him, and that's when he decided to keep it real, the only thing I said to him after that was I am calling the police. It was a learning instance, and I won't make the same mistake twice, especially when my family is with me.
    Last edited by eloneamigo; 7/14/2012 12:41pm at .