Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 1:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eloneamigo View Post
    Bat. But nowadays scumbag lawyers are running around rampant trying to get paid. Civil lawsuits can ruin you and your family's future. Me personally I am getting a shotgun with non lethal ammo, pop the un-sub in the gut once and they will wish they are dead.

Then there are no accidental death law suits headed your way, it sometimes seems that the criminals nowadays have more rights than the victims, thanks in part to assholes at the aclu. I mean there are groups out there that think pedophiles have rights, which of course they don't once they impose their sexual will on a child who can't defend themselves.
    Not sure if you're talking about "less lethal" ammo, bean bags etc., or Simunition.
    I wouldn't use either in a home defense situation, though the "less lethal" would be better than Simunition, imo.
    (edit: Simunition is not for civilian use anyhow.)

What you could do is have a knife and bat, then place the knife in the un-sub's hand after you knock him out with the bat. This way a simple burglary will also add an extra assault with a deadly weapon, which is an open and shut case of self defense LOL.
    So tampering with/faking a crime scene, lying to the cops etc? Ummm, no.
    Probably not a great idea.

If someone breaks into your house, it's pretty easy to invoke self defense, especially in Castle Doctrine states like HI.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 1:38pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shooting a guy in the gut with a nonlethal shotgun round doesn't sound like a great way to avoid litigation either.
  3. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 1:54pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Not sure if you're talking about "less lethal" ammo, bean bags etc., or Simunition.
    I wouldn't use either in a home defense situation, though the "less lethal" would be better than Simunition, imo.
    (edit: Simunition is not for civilian use anyhow.)

So tampering with/faking a crime scene, lying to the cops etc? Ummm, no.
    Probably not a great idea.

If someone breaks into your house, it's pretty easy to invoke self defense, especially in Castle Doctrine states like HI.
    Yep I meant rubber bullets, simunition hurts but not enough to stop a meth head riot ammo will put a meth head down no problem might have to pump a couple of extra rounds in them though if they are high.

I was kidding about tampering with evidence, that was my internal Charles Bronson poking fun.

But as for Hawaii I have my handgun safety course and permit and you still cannot just shoot an intruder in your home, unless they have a weapon in their hand. You still must identify that you have a weapon in your hand, and that you intend to use deadly force. If you accidentally shoot them when they are turned around you can be held accountable. But you are right about Castle law, I am glad Lingle strengthened homeowners rights, about the only decent thing she did in office.

As before the Hawaii state law stated that the home owner was required to attempt to retreat outside of your house and get out of danger with your family safely first, if you cannot then you can shoot the un-sub but you could be in trouble if they died which is just lolo.
  4. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Shooting a guy in the gut with a nonlethal shotgun round doesn't sound like a great way to avoid litigation either.
    Why not? It shows as a home owner that your aren't trying intentionally trying to kill the assailant, but rather use the least amount of force necessary to subdue them, while also ultimately sparing their life. What are they going to sue you for, damaged pride and not being allowed to steal your stuff?

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:04pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it seems safe to assume that you did not read the entire thread, seeing as how this has been covered in detail already, by myself in particular.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not? It shows as a home owner that your aren't trying intentionally trying to kill the assailant, but rather use the least amount of force necessary to subdue them, while also ultimately sparing their life. What are they going to sue you for, damaged pride and not being allowed to steal your stuff?
    Since you've specified "less lethal" you are still using deadly force.
    If i level a firearm on someone, i assume they may die.
    If they are breaking into my home, i assume they mean me harm and i will respond accordingly.
  7. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it seems safe to assume that you did not read the entire thread, seeing as how this has been covered in detail already, by myself in particular.
    nope, i didnt have time to read the 16 pages in complete detail.

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:12pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nope, i didnt have time to read the 16 pages in complete detail.

Then perhaps you should, before starting with the strawmen and assumptions.
    Simply topping every thread you have a minor interest in, without reading the background is generally frowned upon.

Oh and LOL @ 16 pages.
  9. eloneamigo

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then perhaps you should, before starting with the strawmen and assumptions.
    Simply topping every thread you have a minor interest in, without reading the background is generally frowned upon.

Oh and LOL @ 16 pages.
    I actually have a serious interest in knowing my rights how to defend myself to the fullest. Just like 3 days ago and the parking lot incident occurred. My trigger for engaging the guy was him getting out of his car, since he didn't I didn't feel threatened enough to pursue the matter on my own any further without contacting the police to pick up from there.

The police are now actively pursuing the guy, my next door neighbor (the swat cop) said he would have gone with me immediately to locate the guy had he known the guy threatened to rape my gf and her 10yo daughter. Apparently I was still in blackout mode attempting to act rational and it didn't pan out very well because I didn't know my rights on the situation. Most people get caught off guard and then don't know how to react, which is the biggest hazard in life, which is what I experienced and didn't know how to state. That kid is in serious **** now, and I will press full charges which is a felony, and a tro is being applied once they find out who it was.

I struggle with this everyday, to know what is and is not acceptable when it comes to personal legal rights, and when it also comes to defending yourself and your family physically. That's the only reason I didn't get out of the car, as I wasn't sure the legal ramifications of the situation were.

I wouldn't have been charged for kicking his ass, if he came towards me, but as we all know things could have gotten even more out of hand than just a simple ass beating, especially concerning my internal violence spectrum. I sleep with a machete and have a pistol for backup, my pitbull sleeps right next to the weakpoints of my home so I have 2 alarms to alert me and also, a first line of defense against the intruder. So I might bs on other threads but I don't **** around when it comes to self preservation or the preservation of my love ones period.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/13/2012 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are they going to sue you for, damaged pride and not being allowed to steal your stuff?
    More than a dead guy will sue you for, I guess.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast