Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2012 1:03am

Style: French Smallsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Nothing personal dude but **** the FDA.
    Nothing personal taken. The FDA totally is an imperfect organization that is hampered by politics and finances. However, as imperfect a standard as it is and for all the things I disagree with it on, something is better than nothing.

However, regarding the original issue the FDA's lack of involvement is only a small part of a larger argument.
    Last edited by BryanW; 1/04/2012 1:04am at . Reason: added clarification

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/04/2012 1:10am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanW View Post
    Nothing personal taken. The FDA totally is an imperfect organization that is hampered by politics and finances. However, as imperfect a standard as it is and for all the things I disagree with it on, something is better than nothing.

However, regarding the original issue the FDA's lack of involvement is only a small part of a larger argument.
    Yes, small part of the argument. Still, **** the FDA.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/04/2012 2:34am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been a fan of Spirulina for about 8 years, although I admit, I'm a bit confused about all this talk of grains in reference to blue green algae. There is absolutely nothing granular (teehee) about algae.

Spirulina contains high concentrations of vitamin B6 and B12. It also contains significant amounts of vitamin A. That's why it was being touted as a "superfood" in the 90's when I first learned of it.

Bottom line, it's nutritious pond scum. It tastes like ass, and must be masked well to be palatable. Like wheatgrass, it may be good for you, but it makes most people retch in its undiluted form.

In America, the Odwalla Juice co. makes a drinkable version called "Green Superfood". It tastes like pear juice. I prefer the smoothies at Whole Paycheck Whole Foods, as I can get something that tastes like an orange dreamsicle with a higher concentration of pond scum in it than Odwalla's offering.

It's ridiculously expensive if you buy it in it's pure powdered form. The only reason I buy the smoothies at the store is that it's only a dollar extra for a decent amount of pond scum.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the reason I drink it is because it gives me the same metabolic pick-me-up as caffeine, but without the caffeine crash.
    Shut the hell up and train.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12