Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 3:43pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The New Year's Resolution Thread

Happy New Year everyone!

I figured there should be a resolution thread, they can be MA related or not.

Mine;

1) Keep my fitness up (1.5 miles in under 9 mins at least).
    2) Get judo green belt by this time next year.
    3) Be more understanding and less tightly wound.

What are your resolutions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 6:29pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2012 is the year my hiatus for general fitness ends and I get back to training. It's also the year I move out of Florida, likely to California. I'm resolved to learn a few more languages and finish/edit/proof/mail out my novel, and get started on another one.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Compete more, I had a really lazy year my last year of college. Now that I'm employed I want to hit up more competitions. Also sub a black belt in a comp.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 8:19pm

Style: Judo, MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    compete more and win
    obtain blue belt in BJJ
    practice more judo (uchi mata!!)
    get a higher paying job
    get engaged
    swear less

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 8:27pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This year I plan to teach my son to think, and to communicate, and listen, and not be lazy...... Ah hell. I guess I'll just quit smoking.

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Happy New Years everyone! My resolutions are to swear less and behave better. These resolutions are so vague, I'll be able to claim victory regardless of all evidence to the contrary.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:21pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never been one to make 'New Year's Resolutions' as it's just another day.

I've been on the Chantix. Over three decades of smoking (not including other ****) and I've got to give it up. A quit date is recommended when you start dosing yourself with this potentially mind altering pharmaceutical.

Anyone else ever been on this **** with dreams that make 3D look like reruns of 30's special effects?

Remember, the quality of one's life is largely determined by the choices we make! A Happy New Year to all you peoples out there!

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've made a resolution after years of not making any:

I'll stop doing nightclub security and, this time, never go back. Being able to fall back on it , just because I've gotten used to it over the years, may have compromised my ability to find anything better due to a lack of necessary desperation.

If I do not find anything better in the professional sphere when my savings run out, I'll do myself a favour and step off a cliff. Never done the welfare-social-assistance thing. Never done the debt thing (other than a house-purchase mortgage duly paid off). Never will. The cliff would be preferable.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2011 10:53pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Santa View Post
    Never been one to make 'New Year's Resolutions' as it's just another day.

I've been on the Chantix. Over three decades of smoking (not including other ****) and I've got to give it up. A quit date is recommended when you start dosing yourself with this potentially mind altering pharmaceutical.

Anyone else ever been on this **** with dreams that make 3D look like reruns of 30's special effects?

Remember, the quality of one's life is largely determined by the choices we make! A Happy New Year to all you peoples out there!
    My wife took that ****. She quit. Apparently it gave her vivid nightmares that screwed with her all day.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    1/01/2012 7:07am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May I take this oppertunity to wish you all good luck for the comming year, and thanks to all the users and staff/mods for all the lolz and great MA advice and tips over my very short time on Bullshido...thanks guys

For the new year?... well finish the bunker (355 days and counting)

Seriously, this year I plan to get some boxing under my belt (BSDO inspired)

Finnish building the incomplete sheds so I can make a start on the house extension

begin marketing my rabbit meat, and become a Rabbit Baron
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast