Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 9:54am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I had my first hamburger in a month yesterday, complete with bun. Today my guts are bloated and in pain. Thanks wheat

I haven't lost much weight cutting wheat, but I had been feeling better. I haven't curtailed other carbs either, so I wasn't expecting a dramatic weight loss.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 10:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayvmann View Post
    Well, I had my first hamburger in a month yesterday, complete with bun. Today my guts are bloated and in pain. Thanks wheat

I haven't lost much weight cutting wheat, but I had been feeling better. I haven't curtailed other carbs either, so I wasn't expecting a dramatic weight loss.
    I think for me weight loss occurred because everything shitty I like to eat is breaded.

So weight loss going gluten free is incidental.

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 4:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for sharing these information guys......

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 10:27am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    I think for me weight loss occurred because everything shitty I like to eat is breaded.

So weight loss going gluten free is incidental.
    I love all kinds of shitty food. Doesn't have to be breaded. I have made a conscious effort to improve the quality of what I'm eating too, but I'm going to have to cut carbs to start losing more...

Stupid guts are still inflamed.

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 12:12am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started BJJ again after a long hiatus last week. First class I felt good during class and wasn't too sore afterwards> I went back today and it was a much more intense class with a higher impact warm up and twenty minutes of rolling at the end. I didn't wuss out of anything or take a break and was active for the whole 20 minutes of rolling at the end. I am sore but not "oh my god I am so fucking sore" I used to be after an active class like this.

I attribute this to the gluten free diet and good suplements. Gluten clogs your microvilli (not sure of the spelling) and that affects your body obsortion of nutrients needed for muscle fatigue and recovery.

I am very happy and excited to see where this goes I might actually learn not to suck at grappling if I can train more regularly with energy and strength.

Posted On:
    3/21/2012 9:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to class today, that's BJJ 2 days in a row, both 1 1/2 classes with warm up, guard passing drills and 25 minutes of rolling.

I made it through both and feel OK

I have never been able to do this. It's always been a painful struggle literally to try and space out 2-3 classes a week if that.

Being Gluten free is awesome.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345